Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#725Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:19pm

elljay1371 said: "CT2NYC said: "elljay1371 said: "Darn site still down"

What's the site saying, specifically?
"

We’re sorry, we're having a problem with this feature of the site right now. Please try again.
"

If you were searching for tickets using more than one browser/device at the same time on the same Wi-Fi network, the ticketing system will block your IP address temporarily. I was blocked for almost 2 weeks until I fixed it by turning off my modem and router overnight. While I was blocked, that was the same message I was getting. I had to use 4G or public Wi-Fi to search while it wasn't working.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#726Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:20pm

DELETE

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 04:20 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#727Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:20pm

DELETE

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 04:20 PM

pnewelljr
#728Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:35pm

How early do you need to get in line for cancellation on a Friday? My little sister is in town and trying to see it tomorrow or Friday, but getting tickets at this point seems impossible.

chuckydisc
#729Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/18/17 at 5:43pm

pnewelljr said: "How early do you need to get in line for cancellation on a Friday? My little sister is in town and trying to see it tomorrow or Friday, but getting tickets at this point seems impossible."

Before either anyone, or too many others, get in line.

pnewelljr
#730Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:20pm

chuckydisc said: "pnewelljr said: "How early do you need to get in line for cancellation on a Friday? My little sister is in town and trying to see it tomorrow or Friday, but getting tickets at this point seems impossible."

"

The question being, based on others’ experiences, when does that time tend to be on Fridays?

elljay1371
#731Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 8:09am

pnewelljr said: "chuckydisc said: "pnewelljr said: "How early do you need to get in line for cancellation on a Friday? My little sister is in town and trying to see it tomorrow or Friday, but getting tickets at this point seems impossible."

The question being, based on others’ experiences, when does that time tend to be on Fridays?
"

I would say the night before actually. Friday is going to be a harder ticket to get and they only gave out nine tickets this  Tuesday. The guys that came at 11:30 PM the night before were first in line. The weather isn’t too bad and they had chairs and a sleeping bag she would just need someone to come patch that before she went in. Good luck!

ashleyjena
#732Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 10:08am

pnewelljr said: "How early do you need to get in line for cancellation on a Friday? My little sister is in town and trying to see it tomorrow or Friday, but getting tickets at this point seems impossible."

I would say the night before, anything else is really a gamble, I'd arrive by midnight or shortly after. 

elljay1371
#733Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 11:10am

CT2NYC said: "DNF2 said: "when you search on telecharge do you search for single seats even thought you want 2 tickets? then how do you get two if you have the computer pick seats for you? or do you pick your own seats? do you only look for date 4 days out or a range of dates? I feel like I must be doing something wrong since I search constantly and have never had any success. thanks for any tips."

My first recommendation is to use the app, not the full website on the computer. The app is faster, and it's much easier to do search after search on it. There is no option to pick your own seats on there, and I only search for the day that's 4 days away. Today, for instance, I only searched for Saturday at 8 p.m. I usually search for 1 ticket, then, if 1 shows up, I'll select "Modify Search," then go back and search for 2. I do this so that I know when seats have been released, instead of looking for 2 seats, which may or may not be available on any given day. Another good thing about the app is that, often, you can search over and over again without entering a new CAPTCHA each time. If it says that no tickets are available, just hit "Change Parts of My Order," which will bring you back to the search page. Your original information will still be there, so just hit "Search" again, and it will take you back to the screen where you first entered the code. More often than not, the box to enter the code will be gone, and you can just hit "Search" again. This is the method I've used just about every time that I've found tickets.
"

Silly question... with the 4 day out- if I'm searching today I would be searching for Tuesday 10/24 correct?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#734Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 11:28am

elljay1371 said: "CT2NYC said: "DNF2 said: "when you search on telecharge do you search for single seats even thought you want 2 tickets? then how do you get two if you have the computer pick seats for you? or do you pick your own seats? do you only look for date 4 days out or a range of dates? I feel like I must be doing something wrong since I search constantly and have never had any success. thanks for any tips."

My first recommendation is to use the app, not the full website on the computer. The app is faster, and it's much easier to do search after search on it. There is no option to pick your own seats on there, and I only search for the day that's 4 days away. Today, for instance, I only searched for Saturday at 8 p.m. I usually search for 1 ticket, then, if 1 shows up, I'll select "Modify Search," then go back and search for 2. I do this so that I know when seats have been released, instead of looking for 2 seats, which may or may not be available on any given day. Another good thing about the app is that, often, you can search over and over again without entering a new CAPTCHA each time. If it says that no tickets are available, just hit "Change Parts of My Order," which will bring you back to the search page. Your original information will still be there, so just hit "Search" again, and it will take you back to the screen where you first entered the code. More often than not, the box to enter the code will be gone, and you can just hit "Search" again. This is the method I've used just about every time that I've found tickets.
"

Silly question... with the 4 day out- if I'm searching today I would be searching for Tuesday 10/24 correct?
"

Tuesday's seats aren't released before Friday . I haven't been able to pin down Wednesday or Thursday as the day that Sunday's tickets are released. It seems to always be Wednesday, but I believe I've seen them show up on Thursday. Don't quote me on that, though. If there is a day when no 4-day tickets are released, then it would be Thursday, since there is no Monday show.

elljay1371
#735Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 11:36am

Thank you...you are truly the whisperer! Your info about the IP address, etc was spot on. I changed browsers and turned off wifi on my phone and it worked!

DNF2
#736Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 3:26pm

I went to the line yesterday 10/18 with my son. We arrived at 6am. There were 2 people already there who had arrived at 5am and were looking for 3 tickets. One more person arrived at 7am and one more at 7:30am. No one else arrived until 2:30pm. At 6:30pm they gave out one single ticket. Then at 7:30pm someone came by and gave away one of their standing room lottery tickets. It wasn't until 7:57pm that they gave away one more to the people in front of us and then I got one! A couple of minutes later they had 3 more that they gave out. I got one and the two people behind me each got one. We all met inside and were able to trade seats so that we all could sit with who we came with. The seats were 5th row orchestra, fantastic and the show was absolutely incredible. Maybe one of the best things I have ever seen. Ben Platt is extraordinary and even better than I could have anticipated. He deserves all of the accolades he has received. Truly a life changing experience and worth every minute of waiting and every penny ($199/ticket). I feel so fortunate to have been able to take my son who absolutely loved it too. My best to my line friends: the Tisch School of the Arts students, girl from Australia and woman from Atlanta with whom we shared this bonding experience. 

pnewelljr
#737Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 9:12pm

I just realized I assumed this, but how many tickets per person in the cancellation line? two?

elljay1371
#738Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/19/17 at 9:40pm

pnewelljr said: "I just realized I assumed this, but how many tickets per person in the cancellation line? two?"

Yes

pnewelljr
#739Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 10:15am

I am not the one doing the waiting, but I thought this report might still be useful for someone looking to do a Friday cancellation line run.

According to my sister:

"I woke up at 3:20 [AM] and got here at 3:55 AM. I am the fifth-person. There are three people in front of me that have been here since 1 AM, but two of them ([the] two at the front) are clearly being paid by someone to buy a set of two tickets. There is a girl sleeping in a tent [third], so don't know about her. Then, another girl got here at 3:15 AM, but only wants 1 ticket. I am fifth in line."

An hour and a half later (5:30 AM):

"One guy just left...so now I am fourth."

11:09 AM:

"GOT ONE TICKET" "O 26" "girl in front... just gave it up" "she wants to see if she can get standing" "$200"

Updated On: 10/20/17 at 10:15 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#740Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:20am

Tickets for Tuesday 10/24 have been released. Looking at orchestra M 27 & M 28 right now. I'll release them from my search soon, so get ready on the app. Do a search for 1 ticket.

TheGirlsNY Profile Photo
TheGirlsNY
#741Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:23am

CT2NYC, I joined just to thank you! I was able to buy 1 orch seat for Tuesday night. I had been trying everything then yesterday I found this thread and followed your advice. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Updated On: 10/20/17 at 11:23 AM

hawkeyemania Profile Photo
hawkeyemania
#742Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:25am

Odd and evens are on opposite orchestra sides in the music box right?

In the words of Mr. William Morris Barfee, "In my whole life I have only been able to breathe through one nostril and today is no exception!"

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#743Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:26am

hawkeyemania said: "Odd and evens are on opposite orchestra sides in the music box right?"

Correct.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#744Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:30am

Still looking at M 27. I'd like someone who actually wants to see the show to get this seat, and not a reseller. Keep searching for 1 seat on the app. Will be releasing shortly!

pnewelljr
#745Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:39am

CT2NYC said: "Still looking at M 27. I'd like someone who actuallywants to see the show to get this seat, and not a reseller. Keep searching for1 seat on the app. Will be releasing shortly!"

I'd like it for my friend, let us know when you've released it!

Updated On: 10/20/17 at 11:39 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#746Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:42am

pnewelljr said: "CT2NYC said: "Still looking at M 27. I'd like someone who actuallywants to see the show to get this seat, and not a reseller. Keep searching for1 seat on the app. Will be releasing shortly!"

"

I'm sorry, pretty sure it's gone. I held it as long as I could!

pnewelljr
#747Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:43am

CT2NYC said: "pnewelljr said: "CT2NYC said: "Still looking at M 27. I'd like someone who actuallywants to see the show to get this seat, and not a reseller. Keep searching for1 seat on the app. Will be releasing shortly!"

"

"

No worries, next time! They live in the city so I can hope for the next day, thanks again for doing this!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#748Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:47am

pnewelljr said: "CT2NYC said: "pnewelljr said: "CT2NYC said: "Still looking at M 27. I'd like someone who actuallywants to see the show to get this seat, and not a reseller. Keep searching for1 seat on the app. Will be releasing shortly!"

"

"

No worries, next time! They live in the city so I can hope for the next day, thanks again for doing this!
"

No problem!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#749Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:50am

TheGirlsNY said: "CT2NYC, I joined just to thank you! I was able to buy 1 orch seat for Tuesday night. I had been trying everything then yesterday I found this thread and followed your advice. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"

That's awesome, and you're welcome! Have an amazing time!

Videos