Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 31

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

JIMG3
JIMG3
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#752Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 10:05am

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Alfred P. Doolittle- let the record show that we totally called it!"

It's what a lot of us were expecting given that Danny is one of Bart's most frequent collaborators.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#753Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 10:17am

Wait, was Danny Burstein officially announced? I can't keep up with you guys! Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#754Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 10:22am

JIMG3 said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Blink twice if a certain Sher favorite who has yet to win a Tony award is involved as a certain character's father."

Blink, blink
"

Maybe that should help, MCfan2.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#755Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 10:37am

Oh yes, that post. I did see that. But when someone said "we totally called that," I thought it meant there had been an official announcement. Thanks for clearing that up!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#756Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 10:41am

JIMG3 said: "https://youtu.be/0Wi8Fv0AJA4"

This is just cruel.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

JIMG3
#757Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 11:00am

Valentina3 said: "JIMG3 said: "https://youtu.be/0Wi8Fv0AJA4"

This is just cruel.
"

It does have an element of cruelty, I must say. Unless you’re referring to my “jeopardy” interlude? Just trying to lighten the mood. 

JIMG3
#758Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 2:32pm

I’ve just read mention (rumour)  of Robert Downey Jr as Henry Higgins. Uh.........no

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#759Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 2:39pm

Robert Downey Jr. would be great and would certainly sell tickets, but this is the first time that I've heard anything about him in regards to this revival.  I'm not sure it has any real basis.

JIMG3
#760Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 2:46pm

It doesn’t, but Michael Musto seems to think it does. Go figure. 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#761Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 3:16pm

I'll believe only official announcements...  this thread is pages long on guesses and suggestions.

I'll wait.   Hopefully not for much longer!!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

GeorgeandDot
#762Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 3:30pm

^Ok?  Then don't open the thread and read it.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#763Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 3:50pm

Then how would she know it's still all guesses and conjecture?

Telling people who've been here since nearly the very beginning how to interact with this site is not an endearing quality. 

GeorgeandDot
#764Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:03pm

Because she's suggesting that she's annoyed that we're sharing rumors and gossip about the casting.  I guess some would rather only have threads about where to sit and for assistance with choosing a show.  If she only wants to hear about official casting, then she can see it in a press release from LCT.  She doesn't need to enter this thread (a thread created for discussing rumors and dreamcasting for this production) to essentially tell us that we're being ridiculous.  It's just another example of unnecessary nasty attitudes on boards.  It doesn't matter how long you've used this website, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else here.  I would say that your elitism isn't an endearing quality.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#765Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:07pm

Whoa.  I never wrote that I'm annoyed.  And where did I say anyone is being ridiculous?

I just said that, at this point, I'm going to wait for official announcements.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 10/2/17 at 04:07 PM

SonofRobbieJ
#766Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:28pm

Oh my heavens...we need a very wide screen for this 70mm projection!

Literally none of that happened.  Literally.  I found out the fate of a show that I have friends in and connected with by clicking on a thread today.  I saw it on BWW before I saw my friends' posts about it on Facebook.  So...yeah.  News can be found in threads here.

Also, I don't mind being accused of being elitist.  At all.  You'll need to find a different insult for me.  

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#767Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:43pm

Alright alright, calm down everyone. GeorgeandDot overreacted (like a lot), but there's a lot of horrible out there in the world. Let's not lose perspective.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

SonofRobbieJ
#768Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:46pm

I'm perfectly calm.  Distressingly so.  I'm waiting for the second Venti dark roast to hit me like a mountain of cocaine, otherwise I'm gonna crash during the show I'm seeing tonight.

Love,

Your friendly, neighborhood elitist

GeorgeandDot
#769Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:52pm

Actually I didn't overreact, I just said that it isn't necessary to complain (which was what I thought NYadgal was doing) and to just not read the thread if it bothers you.  It was SonofRobbieJ who jumped in here to inform me that my qualities are not endearing enough for them, which is just plain assholary of the first degree, so apologies if you're offended by me correcting your less than endearing qualities.

Jesus Christ, I need a drink.  And an official announcement from LCT.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#770Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:54pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Jesus Christ, I need a drink. And an official announcement from LCT."

I'll drink to that.

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#771Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 4:58pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Jesus Christ, I need a drink. And an official announcement from LCT."

I'll drink to that.
"

And one for Mahler!

SonofRobbieJ
#772Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 5:01pm

I'm not particularly endearing.  And I'm kind of an asshole.  And a bit elitist.  All of this is correct.  So it doesn't really bug me.

But only one person has actually be hurling insults in the last few posts, and it wasn't me.  

You decided to suggest someone (who has been a supportive member of this site for a very long time) how to behave in terms engaging in a thread.  I don't think that's helpful or appropriate.   

GeorgeandDot
#773Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 5:07pm

Sorry, baby, get over it.  I don't care how long somebody has been on an internet board.  That kind of elitism is revolting to me.  Seriously, move on.  I'm done.

SonofRobbieJ
#774Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/2/17 at 5:14pm

Nah.  Shan't.

You speak to people like they're new baby deer trying to find their legs.  (Stupid Deer).  But, 'baby', we've been here long before you.  That doesn't make us better.  But it does mean that we know how to engage on this board.  And that means we don't need tutorials.  

Videos