pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 35

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#850HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 2/23/17 at 5:01pm

I saw Jevon a few weeks ago at what I believe was one of first shows and while he showed potential, he hadn't settled into the role yet. He seemed uncomfortable at times. I have no doubt that he will/would improve, but his performance was a bit rough. I look forward to hearing how he is when he's on stage 7 shows a week.

toofunktastic2
#851HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 2/23/17 at 5:19pm

And confirmed, Jon Rua is returning for two months: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ3sf3tDrfd/

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#852HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 2/24/17 at 9:36am

Looks like we might expect Neil Haskell to go on for King George soon. This is from Eliza Ohman's recent Instagram story.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#853HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 2/24/17 at 10:32am

So Rua is doing Thursday shows, Donald Webber is doing Sundays, and Jevon is doing the other 6 shows?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#854HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/5/17 at 9:44pm

"for now." Interesting... https://instagram.com/p/BRRYpr4Az7s/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#855HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/5/17 at 9:46pm

I feel like she wrote that with the "Our career paths will definitely cross again" meaning, though it's open for interpretation for sure. Sad to see Jordan leave—he was extraordinary in that role.

Castle2
#856HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:51am

Jordan Fisher was definitely the stand out performance for me when I saw it. Absolutely perfect in the roles. 

Valyitz
#857HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/6/17 at 8:20am

Castle2 said: "Jordan Fisher was definitely the stand out performance for me when I saw it. Absolutely perfect in the roles. "

Thirded here! Was so impressed with him and how he made those roles pop.

Rainah
#858HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/6/17 at 10:08am

I guess I will be the odd one out and say I found a lot to nitpick with Jordan Fisher's performance. I found he spent too much time playing things up to get a laugh out of the audience, rather than playing his character's intentions. Too much trying to be funny. 

Especially with John Laurens, I find that's a real detriment to the character. Laurens needs some of that frat-boy aesthetic, he was an extraordinarily privileged young man, but I am also looking for a sense of nobility and a sense of tragedy with the character. I think Jordan is extraordinarily talented - when he was getting it he was really getting it, and he's got incredible stage presence. I just think he has a lot of maturing to do as an actor. 

Call_me_jorge
#859HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:21pm

He's back! https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Hell-Be-Back-Brian-DArcy-James-Will-Return-to-Broadways-HAMILTON-20170308

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#860HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:26pm

Dang, BAJ and JMI. I'm coming in a good time! 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#861HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/8/17 at 10:06pm

Wow, this is great!! He was wonderful in the role!

Hairspray0901
#862HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:12pm

Ahh!! I sincerely hope he and James Monroe Iglehart are still in the show when I go again in October. Would LOVE to sss them both.

neonlightsxo
#863HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/9/17 at 9:05am

James Monroe Iglehart will definitely be in the show in October. Not sure if Brian will be in by then.

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#864HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/9/17 at 9:22am

I wonder if Rannells would ever be willing to come back to the role?

Lucky Mom2 Profile Photo
Lucky Mom2
#865HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/9/17 at 3:56pm

Saw the show for the first time yesterday (yay) so I'm not an expert by any means but have seen MANY videos of the original cast and of course know the soundtrack by heart. At the matinee yesterday, 3/8, we sat second row (cancellation line rocks!!). Loved the show but these were the stand-outs (IMO):

I thought that Jevon McFerrin was amazing. His singing was great and facial expressions very similar to LMM. I definitely felt liked we watched him grow from a young immigrant Alexander to the cocky founding father.

Andrew Chappelle was on as Burr and he was fantastic! His singing and acting were both wonderful. He acted like a jerk but had everybody's sympathy by the end of the show. He made great eye contact with the audience too.

Anthony Lee Medina was perfect as Laurens/Philip Hamilton. He has that young, naive look that was fitting for both roles. He is so cute, both my daughter and I had crushes on him by the end of the show!

Also, J Quinton Johnson (Mulligan/Madison) and Taran Killam (King George) both were excellent!!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#866HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/9/17 at 4:14pm

BDJ coming back has made my day. He is FABULOUS in the part.

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#868HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/9/17 at 6:37pm

Did something happen with Taran Killam? Was his run supposed to be so short?

Call_me_jorge
#869HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/9/17 at 7:47pm

CercleRouge said: "Did something happen with Taran Killam? Was his run supposed to be so short?

"

He's famous 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#871HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/21/17 at 10:55am

Interesting that the linked article doesn't identify the actor in the role of Lafayette/Jefferson

Rainah
#872HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/21/17 at 12:01pm

Any estimates on how long Javi will stay in the role? I am hoping to come back and see it this summer, but I'm really set on seeing Javi as Ham (Missed him when I visited in Jan and Jevin was not the same. I'd be fine with Rua, I just want to see different Hams)

sonyaisgood
#873HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/21/17 at 1:24pm

Rainah said: "Any estimates on how long Javi will stay in the role? I am hoping to come back and see it this summer, but I'm really set on seeing Javi as Ham (Missed him when I visited in Jan and Jevin was not the same. I'd be fine with Rua, I just want to see different Hams)

"

He said on his instagram livestream that he's not planning on leaving for a while, so he'll probably be in through the summer. 

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#874HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/21/17 at 1:31pm

I think this was asked in the JMI/BDJ-specific threads but I don't think it was answered --- anyone have any information (or speculation!) on how long James will be in as Laf/Jef or Brian as King George? Taran Killam and Jordan Fisher had pretty short runs (~3 months I think), but given that they (James + Brian) are both Broadway performers, I would think / hope for longer contracts. Curious to hear other thoughts.

Videos