News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Finian's Rainbow??????

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#75re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/15/09 at 11:41pm

Telecharge is selling tickets for Finian's Rainbow. Is this a new development?

From what I can tell, previews start Octover 8, and opening would be the 29th.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#76re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/15/09 at 11:50pm

No but it IS a promising sign.

BTW....just because it opens doesn't mean it will get a recording.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#77re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 10:15am

re: Finian's Rainbow??????

Look's like it's a go! Signage is going up as I type!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 7/16/09 at 10:15 AM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#78re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 11:41am

I'm curious to see what the full signage looks like.

That's certainly something that will catch the eye!

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#80re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 12:18pm

Good news indeed!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#81re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 12:38pm

Gee...so much for the "it's not happening", eh?

Of course, we also should have been alerted that is was FALSE since this thread was not poofed!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

migioso
#82re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 12:51pm

Thanks kcd304! The marquee looks great. I love that artwork more and more with time.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#83re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 1:16pm

I'm wondering now if they are making it a limited engagement since tickets are only available for nearly 3 months which is not that long for a block of tickets.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#84re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 8:04pm

^ and by 3 months, you mean 6 months?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#85re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/16/09 at 9:26pm

^ No i meant 3 months (But thats about how long from it's opening night). October 29-January 3 is a little over 3 months.

EveHarrington Profile Photo
EveHarrington
#86re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/20/09 at 3:33pm

I too have heard Andy Karl's name floating around. Fingers crossed that it's true. He NEEDS a breakout role and soon!!!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#87re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/20/09 at 3:37pm

telecharge is selling tickets until March, wdwfreak.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#88re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/21/09 at 9:36am

OMG, how awesome is that, what a great way to find out! And that does look like the St.James theatre, as previously announced.

Updated On: 7/21/09 at 09:36 AM

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#89re: Finian's Rainbow??????
Posted: 7/21/09 at 12:08pm

Hopefully it'll do well, I can already see myself loving it, it closing relatively quickly, no cast recording being made, and me being disappointed.. Let's hope not! re: Finian's Rainbow??????

Videos