pixeltracker

Disney on Broadway... What's next?- Page 4

Disney on Broadway... What's next?

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#75re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/2/09 at 10:42pm

MULAN would never work as a musical... for many reasons. Feel free to disagree but it's just not possible to execute, within the desired realm that Disney prefers.

Goodnight.

When I think about you, I touch myself.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#76re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/2/09 at 10:42pm

How would they do the animated parts of Enchanted? The first few minutes of the show on a projector? Kinda boring...

I like the idea of Mulan, Hercules, and Pocahontas. Also Parent Trap actually sounds interesting.

rmusic11322
#77re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/2/09 at 11:01pm

Are my casting choices alright? I was just (sorta) going by looks.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#78re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 1:20am

Im am totally open to Pocahontas coming to Broadway. I would love it BUT I just can't with Hunter Foster...how about someone else?

guiltyone91 Profile Photo
guiltyone91
#79re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 8:44am

Okay, I honestly think that Hercules could be a great musical comedy on stage. There are no bad songs in the score, and hopefully Alan Menken could outdo himself from the so-so score from new score of The Little Mermaid with new songs. The show was great potential for being a good comedy, think the recent Xanadu. If written well, Hercules could work very well. And also remember, when working with the animated films to the stage, the plot doesn't have to be EXACTLY identical.

And I'm hoping Huncback is coming to America. Alan Menken had a kickass score. I saw Der Clockner on YouTube and it looked good but I want to understand what they're saying.

Aladdin would be good too...if they have the balls to rework it and have the mother in the story like the original draft of the movie and other story stuff, it could be an entertaining night of theatre. "Friend Like Me" and "Prince Ali" are real showstopper numbers.

And I ain't feelin Pocahontas or Mulan (especially Mulan, the score ain't all that). But like I said, if written well and staged innovatively (I mean look what Julie Taymor did with Lion King and look at the schlocky mess that was The Little Mermaid), these shows could suprise you.

If I were a woman, I'd marry Stephen Joshua Sondheim. But then again, he's gay, so.... "They say the unexamined life is not worth living. But what if the examining becomes your life? Is that living or just procastinating?" - Carrie Bradshaw "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts...." - William Shakespeare

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#80re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 10:45am

I think Pocahontas would be INCREDIBLE on stage. My top three choices for the next Disney musical would be: Hercules, Hunchback & Pocahontas, in that order.

rmusic11322
#81re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/3/09 at 8:05pm

I just really hope Disney finds are saving grace show for Tarzan and The Littler Mermaid.

bwaybabe2
#82re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/4/09 at 3:16am

My vote is for "Hunchback of Notre Dame". But, most likely they will try for something like the current "Princess and the Frog".

I wonder if "Toy Story" would work onstage...?!
Updated On: 12/4/09 at 03:16 AM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#83re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/4/09 at 6:27am

Broadwaybabe, there is actually a video on that site of Toy Story The Musical that was created for one of the Disney cruises. Let's just say, that it is AWEFUL.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Skywalker3
#84re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/4/09 at 7:33am

“Toy Story – The Musical” will take over Hyperion Theatre in Disney’s California Adventure park in early 2011.

The characters and playful plot from the original Disney•Pixar film, Toy Story, will come to life before your eyes in this dazzling, musical stage spectacular where you’ll be treated to a unique “toys’ eye view” of life in Andy’s room. The stage show will feature larger-than-life set design, new songs, vivid projected backgrounds and elaborate costumes.

The 50-minute musical will preserve the humor and heart of the original film and will explore the true meaning of friendship as Buzz Lightyear and Woody transform from jealous adversaries to best friends with an unbreakable bond.

To make way for this exciting addition to Disney’s California Adventure park, “Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” will close August 15, 2010. If you’re visiting the Disneyland Resort this holiday season, don’t miss your chance to catch this great show.

“Toy Story – The Musical” is just the latest announcement of a line-up of great attractions and experiences coming to Disney’s California Adventure. To find out about all the new things coming to the park, check out DisneysCaliforniaAdventure.com."

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

So, Aladdin is closing. Bye Disney California, Hallo Broadway?

littlebro2 Profile Photo
littlebro2
#85re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/4/09 at 9:11am

That would be pretty cool if Aladdin came to B'Way. Maybe Lea Solonga could play Jasmine. I think that Enchanted would be awesome on Broadway. Same with Mulan and Hunchback.

rmusic11322
#86re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/4/09 at 3:29pm

"So, Aladdin is closing. Bye Disney California, Hallo Broadway?"

Oh I really hope so.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#87re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 12/5/09 at 5:41am

Speaking of Disney and Broadway...Has anyone seen or have pictures of the newish Disney offices located in the New Amsterdam, I know they were doing some restorations on the new office spaces and Ive heard it beautiful. I'd love to see the changes in the space from their old offices at 1450 Bway. And correct me if Im wrong but I also remember hearing/reading something about it including the old garden theater at the top of the New Am building?

Spawn220 Profile Photo
Spawn220
#89re: Disney on Broadway... What's next?
Posted: 10/7/10 at 9:33pm

No one said anything about Dumbo. They have web sites and things out for that now. They even had a piece in BWW a few month ago about the musical being written. I would love to see a true musical from Disney that is a-mazing but I dont think they have the time or the man power to do anything worth wild. Aladdin would be a great story and I thing with time, it could be wonderful for NY.

Videos