News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Skywalker3

Member Name: Skywalker3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?  Mar 18 2024, 12:09:07 PM

Well.. you need someone who can remove all the kinks before the big names come in ;)

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Nov 1 2023, 08:25:25 AM

'Sutton is in everything' comments make no sense..

Yes she was in the Music Man last season. 
Before that it was allmost 10 years since she last played on Broadway in Violet (2014)

Not counting off-broadway, Encores, Londen and other places she performed. 

Checking in with the Oklahoma! Revival (West End)  Jul 8 2023, 07:10:58 AM

Thanks for this binau,

I saw the show 2 weeks ago with Arthur still in it. 

After the ending, it took me about 10 minutes before I could do or say anything. I was so confused and emotional. 
Absolutely loved it! 

Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2023  Jun 3 2023, 07:26:44 AM

There is the 'The Big Four': Assembly, Gilded Balloon, The Pleasance and Underbelly. 
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Festival_Fringe helped me the first time)

They show the more accessible performances. 

If you never seen it before and love musicals (you're here so..) go see Showstopper:
https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/showstopper-the-improvised-musical

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 2 2023, 11:11:38 AM

How about the 0 nominations for A Beautiful Noise?

Newsies Broadway/Oliviers  Apr 3 2023, 05:10:23 AM

I tend to disagree. The choreography of the west-end version is much more showy and over the top. A lot felt so pointless and just added for effect. (the cable car, hanging from the lamps, etc.)

And yes it felt very 'inspired by'

Disney’s HERCULES at the Paper Mill Playhouse- P/reviews & News Thread  Mar 5 2023, 06:19:50 AM

So Hades looks like the cartoon.. But Phil is just a guy in a tracksuit? 

Knight, Saunders, and Settle to lead SISTER ACT revival in London  Mar 19 2022, 12:13:02 PM

Keala makes her west-end debut as Nurse in &Juliet later this month. A pretty big fun role.. 

Feels like she will be stepping down for Sister Act..

West End not expected to resume performances until at least 2021.  Jun 17 2020, 09:36:04 AM

Those are all his own shows. 

He has more theatres (like the Novello), but he doens't (fully) produce these shows (like Mamma Mia!)

Ruin a Broadway Musical by Changing One Letter  May 25 2020, 05:49:27 AM

Silly Elliot

Or this 'crossover': 
Milly Elliot
Thoroughly Modern Billie

Men Girls

Watch me if you Can

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 29 2020, 04:34:25 AM

9 to 5 the musical, London (and I believe US tour) version.

The book isn't great, the songs are mediocre. But at least the Broadway version had a great cast and direction.

For London it was like the director said, play it like you are a comic book character from the 60's and make sure they get it at the last row. Awful. 

Also the London production of Be More Chill made no sense to me. 

SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March  Mar 19 2020, 11:58:10 AM

I hope they cancel the run and reschedule to a REAL theatre in the west-end..The Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre is a horrible theatre. I mean, it is okay for special events. But not intimate theatre. 

Once Upon a One More Time to Marquis  Jan 16 2020, 04:50:10 AM

I hope they do something with the auditorium like with Follies. (or better, Moulin Rouge!) 

Modern The Sound of Music  Dec 22 2019, 06:45:20 AM

I would like to see a version that is just Maria and the nuns playing the story because they are so bored and made up a story just the get time by and the lost there selfs in the play.

The Carol Channing Theater  Jan 21 2019, 09:03:17 AM

Would love a 'LuPone Theatre' 

Original Production of LES MISERABLES in London Will Take Hiatus and Re-Open With New Staging  Jan 9 2019, 05:37:06 AM

We all could send an complaint to info@camack.co.uk 

Just so he knows how many people are upset about this..

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019  Dec 21 2018, 02:29:24 PM

It is a big flop in London.

The production in Germany isn't a succes. No date has more than 50% of the tickets sold. 

Why would they still want to bring this mess to New York?

Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019  Nov 19 2018, 09:22:49 AM

So isn't the Al Herschfeld a little small backstage for all the big sets? 

Best 11 O'Clock Number Ever?  Nov 1 2018, 06:06:11 AM

I have to say: Goodbye from Catch me if you can. 

It has everything you want in a 11 o'clock song. 
Drama, music and an ending to the story, but not the ending of the show. 

Company London  Oct 3 2018, 08:41:47 AM

But they are all over 40..  Sutton can play Younger (get it..) but the others don't look 35 anymore.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You