LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#75LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:54pm

I think they're as many expected: praise for Sills and Fleming and a much harsher eye for the rest of the show.  It's mixed reviews leaning towards mixed-to-negative. It wasn't brutal.

Tomorrow night at Zhivago? That might be truly brutal.

LightsOut90
#76LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:57pm

this is another show that could have benefited from a better creative marketing campaign, seriously why is their marquee black and gold with a dog drinking out of a martini glass? if Renee is your sell point slap her face on the ****ing marquee, marketing 101 guys. 

LightsOut90
#77LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:57pm

this is another show that could have benefited from a better creative marketing campaign, seriously why is their marquee black and gold with a dog drinking out of a martini glass? if Renee is your sell point slap her face on the ****ing marquee, marketing 101 guys. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#78LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:02am

No one said anything awful.  Wishing you gone is status quo.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BosBroad
#79LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:02am

I agree until the last month marketing was absolutely horrible.  Really, the only success in marketing they've had has been free media generated by Fleming's people, and I'm not sure her message is cohesive with the rest of the marketing, although I'm still not sure what the marketing message is.  They changed their artwork twice, I think.

They seemed at first to bill the entire project only as "Renee Fleming debuts on Broadway, not singing, doing something she's never done. So please pay $100+ to see it."  That not surprisingly wasn't successful.  LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 12:02 AM

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#80LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:09am

So, what's the consensus? Does it make it till the TONYs?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#81LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:15am

Play Esq. --He not only would have but did sing the Duke. But as long as we are reincarnating him, and people are being forced to interrupt their summer vacations to come hear him, I thought the least he could do is sing the baritone role. 

But if you prefer...

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#82LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:32am

"JPeterman, who are you?
Um .... I think I'll pass on answering that

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#83LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:35am

Does Sills snag a nomination for this?

Poster Emeritus

Wilmingtom
#84LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:41am

No.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#85LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:42am

JPeterman, who is that a picture of? 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#86LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:56am

Philly, I think you should take it as a challenge to find out on your own .... you are a very industrious fella on the internet, I have faith that you will figure it out!

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#87LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 1:37am

I saw the show and I think Sills should definitely snag a nomination. He makes the show and is hilarious. 

Wilmingtom
#88LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 2:02am

^ Instead of Paul Jesson or Nathaniel Parker for Wolf Hall, or Richard McCabe for The Audience, or Kieran Culkin for This Is Our Youth, or Maulik Pancholy for It's Only a Play, or Alessandro Nivola for The Elephant Man, or Bryce Pinkham for The Heidi Chronicles, or Josh Radner for Disgraced?  I’d be surprised.

indytallguy
#89LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 6:46am

"
"Well if they come in July they will have to sit in their seats for about 90 days."
I never said she is going to bring people into the met over the summer. You are smearing. Im just saying, people to travel to see opera singers, and she is a big star so people might consider coming over for her.  I want to know how they are selling in June and July
Play Esq, yes, i am aware that the Met is dark in the summer. I don't think that has anything to do with anything. If people like her enough, they will come to see her. Do you know how they are selling over the summer?"

Who are all these "people" who are coming over from Europe when the dollar is strong against all European currencies, spending at minimum say $2000 to travel over and see one of their favorite stars in a "frothy" play that has received middling reviews? And more importantly to the producers, how many of them are there and might they all bring a friend and even buy premium tickets now?

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#90LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:12am

"What a truly awful thing to say.
I won't be on here for much longer"

Okay, Pintool, I'll bite.  What do you mean?  Are you already retiring from the boards?

Mattbrain
#91LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:25am

""What a truly awful thing to say.
I won't be on here for much longer"

Okay, Pintool, I'll bite.  What do you mean?  Are you already retiring from the boards?"

Please God, let it mean that! 

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

aj88
#92LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:15am

Teachout gave it a NEGATIVE review in the Wall Street Journal. I didn't see if anyone posted it, so my apologies if it already was. 

One really harsh quote:

"It isn’t funny. Not even slightly so. Indeed, it’s so unfunny as to make the viewer despair of ever laughing again, much as a starving man might despair of ever eating again."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/living-on-love-review-discomfort-zone-1429576201

aj88
#93LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:15am

Double post

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 10:15 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#94LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:19am

"It isn’t funny. Not even slightly so. Indeed, it’s so unfunny as to make the viewer despair of ever laughing again, much as a starving man might despair of ever eating again."

Or as the pinto bean would say- "It's a rave!!"

Phillypinto
#95LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 10:54am

I do not make **** up so stop being annoying !

Teachout doesn't like anything so his opinion means nothing. Plus he's ugly

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#96LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:02am

Teachout raved about Hand to God and gave a very positive review for Fun Home just yesterday. He isn't alone in disliking this.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Phillypinto
#97LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:03am

I knooooo i was being a little dramatic hellooo

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#98LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:08am

oooooooh. yeeeeeeeah. ittttt's nooooooot liiiiiiike heeeee waaaaaaas maaaaaakingggg anythiiiiiiing uuuuuuuup. Heeeee waaaaas juuuuuuust beeeeeeeing dramaaaaaaaaatiiiiiiiccccc.......

duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

Phillypinto
#99LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:14am

I don't make anything up. When did you hear me say that that review was a rave? You didn't !

Videos