Barbra's Tour

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#75Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 5:01pm

There were definitely some lyric mishaps this past Tuesday night.  Even with the teleprompter.  But nothing to noticeable .. and I probably wouldn't have known except for the teleprompter. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Claudia Draper
#76Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 5:05pm

You know.. I don't mind the teleprompter..  It's fun to watch and see how she delivers the lines, what she adds and takes out.  It's an added performance..  I loved when it said "AB LIB" she got fluster and it took her a 2nd to recover, but she nailed it.    BARBRA CAN DO NO WRONG..  At this stage, I would rather she did like, Shirley Mcclaine and Julie Andrews, and just talk and tell stories..  She is naturally funny and adorable..  I mean the whole "losing the earing" moment... Updated On: 8/5/16 at 05:05 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#77Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 5:08pm

I agree.  

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#78Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 7:17pm

You can now buy T-shirts on her website. Is supposed to the $40 cost at the concert they are only $29.99 there.  Of course you have to pay for shipping.

I imagine they will add some of the other items on there as well. In the past towards the end or after tours they would have sales in certain merchandise items. It is worth it to check back

https://www.barbrastreisandstore.com/

BWAY Baby2
#79Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 7:58pm

Flying to Chicago on Tuesday morning for the show that night- can't wait.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#80Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 9:02pm

Ahhh, but with a TelePrompTer, we never would've gotten Garland's "and I forgot the God darn words" in YOU GO TO MY HEAD on the Carnegie Hall album...

barbraboy19902
#81Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/5/16 at 9:02pm

Just left the T-Mobile box office in Vegas. She said its only 1,000 seats from being sold out!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#82Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 12:27pm

That arena is huge.  But I bet they sell those tickets in one day the day off.  Have fun!

barbraboy19902
#83Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 1:55pm

Can anyone tell me what my view from section 202 will be? It's side stage. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#84Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 3:29pm

Can't decide if I should wait to get tickets for next Saturday at Barclays or buy now? Think the prices will drop or tickets will get more scarce?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#85Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 4:41pm

They would have dropped by now.  I would go ahead .  

The Other One
#86Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 4:50pm

smidge said: "Dame -Has she made any mention of her "Papa", the recently deceased Nehemiah Persoff?"

He is 97, and unless he died this week he is still alive.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#87Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 5:05pm

I'm a bit confused, her tickets are insane prices but people shrug them off, stars like Madonna, Rolling Stones etc charge the same and they are horrendous for doing so.

Also if a pop star used a Teleprompter or a stage actor did (as some have) then all hell breaks out, but for Babs it's fine?

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#88Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 5:46pm

She is in her 70's.  She has a different style of show than those other people you mentioned.  And she is a much bigger legend than any of those people you mentioned . And for a lot of people that go to her concerts it's more of a bucket list thing .

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#89Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 5:57pm

Is she really a bigger legend? Or is she a legend to more theatre fans? Also isn't Pacino pretty old but he got a kick in for using prompts?

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#90Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 7:04pm

I can attest to the bucket list comment. I really wish I could have seen her when she started performing again back in the 90s. Does she sound like she used to? No. Is she still a great performer? Yes. I'm not one of her biggest fans, and certain parts of the show left me cold, but she's the definition of a living legend. To hear "People," "The Way We Were," and "Happy Days Are Here Again" sung live is something I'll never forget. 

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#91Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 7:04pm

Double post

Updated On: 8/6/16 at 07:04 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#92Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 7:37pm

Are the side seats awful? Or should I just splurge and be further back, but full straight on view?

smidge
#93Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 7:41pm

The Other One said: "smidge said: "Dame -Has she made any mention of her "Papa", the recently deceased Nehemiah Persoff?"

He is 97, and unless he died this week he is still alive.

Oh god, I knew I just read about him this week and thought it was because of his death, but it was his birthday. My bad

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#94Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:24pm

RippedMan said: "Are the side seats awful? Or should I just splurge and be further back, but full straight on view?"

I would urge anyone looking for tickets to go to StubHub. If you have never had any business with them, it is quick and painless.

Almost all of the second most expensive seats, selling at $615, located on lower 7, 8, 9, 23, 24 and 25, are almost sold out on TicketMaster for Thursday's show. Maybe a hundred are still left for Saturday.

But on Stubhub, five days before the concert, about 300 tickets are available in those section for Thursday.. Panicking sellers are starting to discount heavily. Eight tickets in those sections are available for $400 or less. Twenty tickets on sale for $400-$500.

You just download your tickets directly from Stubhub. You get a page for each ticket with its scan code on it. Ten minutes. Very simple.

Updated On: 8/6/16 at 10:24 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#95Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:37pm

I'm looking more for the $100 tickets, but I'll keep checking. 

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#96Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/7/16 at 12:45am

You know, the $100 seats in sections 205 and 227 don't look half bad. If you select a section in Stubhub and then click on the X you get a 3D depiction of what your view will be. You're even with or slightly behind Barbra, but you're a lot closer than the people at the opposite end and if she's just singing you're not going to miss much.

Stubhub for Thursday has about 30 tickets in those sections for sale at between $110 and $125.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#97Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/7/16 at 12:48am

But everyone has said there are big screens that are pitched inward, so I'm curious if I'll miss all that. I'd rather see the whole production, than to be that close. 

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#98Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/7/16 at 3:38am

Such a treat to see Barbra live for the first time tonight! Lior was there with his magic but no other surprise guests in Las Vegas. Her gift is undeniable. I loved hearing her sing such a variety of songs. She did address the Teleprompter and discussed why she uses one, adding in "at least I'm not lip syncing". Of course there were the expected political jabs at Trump. It was great to see how funny (who knew!? Should I have known?) and comfortable making fun of herself she was. Also kind of enjoyed hearing her drop an F bomb at one point. She also called out someone in the front who was texting. Oops! Will leave it at that for now. Gonna soak in and process it all - grateful I was able to go 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#99Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/7/16 at 12:08pm

@Popular,  knowing you enjoyed makes me happy.  

Videos