pixeltracker

After Seeing Wicked, Could You Watch The Wizard Of Oz The Same?- Page 4

After Seeing Wicked, Could You Watch The Wizard Of Oz The Same?

Swiftynifty15
#75wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/23/04 at 6:40pm

Dorothy Kills Elphaba? She fakes the death

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#76wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/23/04 at 6:44pm

"On that note, does anyone know why they decided to make the witch ugly?" --- SuddenlyMara

B/c its easier to hate someone who is ugly. Or at least that seems to be the trend.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#77wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/23/04 at 9:30pm

I just wanna ask, in the original WoO book, is Elphaba (Wkd witch of the West) actually ugly or is only that she THINKS she's ugly! And can you imagine they make a computerized version of the WoO movie with Idina as Elphaba... Judy Garland killing Idina Menzel!!!! hehe... just a thought! And then Norbert will be the sexiest scarecow EVER in movies!
My CHICAGO group!!!!!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#78wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:26pm

Fakes the death or not, to everyone watching Dorothy kills her. I think thats the point.

In the book (Wicked not the Wizard of Oz), she has pointy sharp teeth, and pointy nose and a pointy kind of chin, so yeah she looks more "ugly" than they make her out to be in the show. And in the book she actually seems to be allergic to water, she bathes in oil--interesting. Updated On: 12/23/04 at 10:26 PM

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#79wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:33pm

After seeing Wicked, it was hard to watch The Wizard of Oz. I think Wicked really ruined the movie for me. Too much ridiculous stuff to think of going on while Dorothy's trying to get home...which is why you do not mess with The Wizard of Oz.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#80wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:54pm

I watched it, and I got angry. I was all, "You don't know what she's the way she is! Don't go to the Wizard! He's bad!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!" I haven't been able to get to the end of it. Lol

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

maybethistime
#81wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/24/04 at 1:01am

A little off topic, but theres no one who can top or make anything with JUDY GARLAND less enjoyable.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#82wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/24/04 at 11:42am

In the Wizard of Oz book, the witch is ugly. She's old, has one eye, and one leg.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

broadwayguy2
#83wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/24/04 at 12:06pm

the reaction of wicked freaks to the wizard of oz is border line scary. really.. go seek professional help. i'm sure the nice man in the white coat can give you all SOME help.

Swiftynifty15
#84wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/24/04 at 12:10pm

About the nose thing it could be very distracting if theywere to do that on the stage but then bcause even wen I saw Serino De berjerak (Spelling I know) They didn't use a big nose on him they just pretended. Also, Idina, Shoshana, and Kristy, all have big noses. lol

Wicked .. For Good
#85wicked witches under the wickets
Posted: 12/25/04 at 8:55pm

"sing til you're breaking glass, or you're breaking down.."

Videos