pixeltracker

Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals- Page 4

Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#75re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:15pm

Thank you Luckydave, for combining my previous posts into one neat little package.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

jimnysf
#76re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:16pm

Is that "luckydave" Simpson?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#77re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:19pm

"Also keep in mind that there are about 25 people in the cast of Chicago. They are only stunt casting this ONE role."

Yeah, but this ONE role is one of the major principal parts.

Luckydave, I like your icon!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Aqualline2 Profile Photo
Aqualline2
#78re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:22pm

I'm not that happy about it but She does have a lot of dancing experience however i don't think she's much of a singer

colleen_lee
#79re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:27pm

I love the assertion that because she was on 7th Heaven, she must have acting chops.

You've obviously never seen 7th Heaven. Acting talent is definitely not a prerequisite to being cast in that show.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Theatreboy33 Profile Photo
Theatreboy33
#80re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:29pm

Does this role have ANY consistancy? How can Roxie be as old as Melanie Griffith and as young as Ashlee Simpson? Its lunacy. The Weislers really make me want to vommit. I cant wait for that disaster of a staged reading of a musical to close its doors for good.

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#81re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:34pm

*Barfs*

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Luckydave14
#82re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:40pm

"I love the assertion that because she was on 7th Heaven, she must have acting chops."

I never said that she must have acting chops cause she was on the show. I said she might be able to act. And I barely watch TV, and I might have watched one episode with her in it a long time ago.

"Is that "luckydave" Simpson?"

Didn't you read the part where I said I'm not a fan of either one of them? I am just sick of people saying the world is coming to an end because a pop star is joining a show. Give her a chance. I wouldn't bash her until I see her in the show.

jimnysf
#83re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:44pm

"Is that "luckydave" Simpson?
Didn't you read the part where I said I'm not a fan of either one of them?"

But remember that Christina Crawford once said to Joan, "I am not one of your fans!", yet they were legally related. re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#84re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:53pm

I'm not being a "crybaby" (as you so maturely put it) merely because she's Ashlee Simpson. I find this to be irresponsible casting, as I previously stated, because she is *TOO YOUNG*. I would be complaining if they cast any other 22 year old in this role. Are we honestly supposed to believe that this girl has been married for 7 years? And yes the 'older than I ever intended to be' line will make no sense now. It is irresponsible and careless casting for the sake of ticket sales. What happened to integrity?

And, to add to it, I do not think she has the acting chops to pull this off. And it's not like she hasn't been seen acting - did you witness the embarrassment on 7th Heaven? She's not an actress, she's barely a singer.

But all of that is void because she is too young and never should have been considered for the role.
Updated On: 8/29/06 at 05:53 PM

Luckydave14
#85re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:57pm

Once again, I am not a shill for Simpson, nor would I ever shill anyone else.

And I guess you don't really care if talent comes to Broadway as you would like to see Mario Lopez in a "Superhero Musical" just to see him in a uniform, so why do you care if a "no talent popstar" joins the cast of a show. I'm sure many people would like to just "look" at Ashlee in that Roxie dress.

flicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
#86re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:00pm

Luckydave: Ok, no one is being overly dramatic or babyish. We're simply upset that Ashlee Simpson got cast and she's clearly not right for the part in the sense that she is too young and doesn't have that great of a voice. Colleen_Lee, you are so right. Casting directors should focus on hiring people with talent for long-term results.

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.

Luckydave14
#87re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:00pm

I too think that she is too young, but obviously there is nothing that we can do about it. I was responding to the people who were complaining that she doesn't have the ability to perform in a Broadway show. How do we know this? Nobody has seen her in one so just wait until she finally starts to criticize her performance.

Luckydave14
#88re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:04pm

Flicker: I never said anyone was too over dramatic about. Also, none of the Roxies I have seen on Broadway have a terrific voice, nor the Roxie in the movie version, or any that I have heard on recordings. But it isn't like she'll be in the show for a whole year. She probably has a 6-8 week contract. And there are also the other 20 or so cast members in the show to make up for her lack of talent. But who knows, she might be good.

jimnysf
#89re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:04pm

Who says Mario has no talent? We don't know if he can sing or not? I have heard "singer" Ashlee so I have experienced her "talent".

She won't be lip-synching on stage, will she?

flicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
#90re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:06pm

"I am just sick of people saying the world is coming to an end because a pop star is joining a show."

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings.

Luckydave14
#91re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:07pm

I think its safe to say she won't be lip-synching. The only reason she probably agreed to doing the show is to prove that she can sing nightly without using pre-recorded tracks.

Maybe she'll pull a Wayne Brady and drop out before her run starts so we all won't have to experience her. I wish she'd be doing Broadway though so I could actually see her performance and judge whether or not she's good.

flicker_ Profile Photo
flicker_
#92re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:11pm

To add another reason to the list of objections to Ashlee Simpson...I don't think she has the vocal stamina. I mean, she'll be doing 8 shows a week. Her voice seems to be easily damaged often. So, hey, maybe she'll be in only two shows and then her actually talented understudy will take over. :)

HamletWasBipolar
#93re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:11pm

Im not defending the casting, but actual age has nothing do with casting, but how one appears on stage. How many older roles are cast with younger after an application of makeup. We cooudl go down a laundry list of roles filled with folks who's actual age was chronologically not correct. If the age theory held water we would have to hire four Jean Valjeans.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

Luckydave14
#94re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:13pm

Previous posts:

"I little part of me dies every time I hear of stunt casting. This one is different. A lot of me died when I read this. If this is true I will... I can't think of anything bad enough to do that won't land me in jail or disfigure myself."

"ugh, this is the WORST stunt casting I have ever seen."

"Stunt casting bothers me endlessly, but this decision in particular has me feeling absolutely nauseous."

The world coming to end over this was an exaggeration, but many people are very distressed about this as seen above, and I doubt any of these people will even bother to see the show.

HamletWasBipolar
#95re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:13pm

There is still always the chance that she would REALLY stink during rehearsal and be leave due to " artistic differences."

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#96re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:14pm

Ashlee Simspon doesn't have the talent to act any older than she is, and I'm not basing that on nothing. We've all seen her act, and it's not good.

Mattbrain
#97re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:16pm

Better London than here. It was bad enough when In My Life came to Broadway. I don't think I could live with myself if this happened to the Great White Way.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

colleen_lee
#98re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:17pm

"The world coming to end over this was an exaggeration, but many people are very distressed about this as seen above, and I doubt any of these people will even bother to see the show. "

You're absolutely correct that I won't be seeing this show. I will not support something I wholeheartedly disagree with, and buy purchasing a ticket for this show, that's exactly what you're doing.

People bitch about stunt casting and then buy a ticket to "see how they do" or "watch the train wreck". By doing that you're only supporting the practice of stunt casting.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

jimnysf
#99re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:19pm

Future Roxie and Velma suggestion:

re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

Videos