pixeltracker

Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night- Page 4

Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#75re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:42am

And there was some line about "earth tones" I don't exactly remember.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#76re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:43am

Oh. "Mr. Brian Stokes Mitchell's nickname is 'Earth Tone Assassin,'" or something like that.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

luvtheEmcee
Ariella Profile Photo
Ariella
#78re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:50am

Aw, it sounds awesome. Glad those who went had such a good time.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
AnaGFan
#80re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 11:11am

Did I hear it correctly that the Vice Principal said crapaud was a South Asian frog?

The two words they used for Stokes were the exact same words they used to eliminate the last speller when I saw it last December. It kinda disappointed me.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#81re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 11:19am

Emcee, thank you so much.

Did they ask him to spell "cow" when they gave him a easy one first?

luvtheEmcee
#82re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 11:24am

Stokes' first word was "indigent." Raúl's was "dystopia," which he spelled wrong. That was the "easy" one, though; Chip got a hard word after that and was like "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang got 'dystopia,' and I have ___?" or whatever the exact line is.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#83re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 11:32am

Aww, a Flower Drum Song reunion for Jose and Lea. How cute!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#84re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 11:48am

What a great night this was! Me and my friend went and we didn't win lotto but they were selling rush tickets for the same price so we snagged two of those. Row K in the back, last row but still a great seat.

All three of our guest spellers seemed to be having a great time. I think this was a great idea to do and I hope they do more Broadway star spellers in the future. Also it seemed that the audience was very into the show. Standing ovation at the end and everything. It was a great night.

Little side note, in front of us sat Celia Keenan-Bolger and Ali Ewoldt. It was nice to see them come out and support Lea and for Celia to see her friends!

oh and tiny shout out to all the new friends i made. hey guys!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#85re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 12:04pm

Theme nights are a lot of fun, but they are hard work for the cast. Greg said he was up til 5am working on new words, definitions, and sentences for last night. And I know it's even harder for adult nights.

There was talk of doing a "mixed-up bee" on April 1, but I don't think it will happen.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#86re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 1:30pm

Where was Celia sitting? Would have been great to have her out there too!

I was in A206-208....

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#87re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 1:40pm

I'm so sorry I missed this! Looks like it was a fun night. Those pictures are great.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#88re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 2:02pm

ken-

she (Celia) was sitting in row j and the fourth one in off the aisle

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.
Updated On: 3/19/07 at 02:02 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#89re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 2:55pm

Celia said it's the first time she has seen the show since she left and she loved it.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#90re: Stokes, Ebersole, Esparza to Guest at Spelling Bee's Broadway Night
Posted: 3/19/07 at 3:21pm

I definitely saw changes since the last time I saw it (awhile ago). It was definitely better!

luvtheEmcee

Videos