STRIKE TOMORROW

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#75re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:03am

MovieGuy1031, I really hope your plans work out! I know how disappointed I would be. And if the strike is still happening, I hope you find other shows to see that you're excited about.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#76re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:05am

And the 10th Anniversary Lion King performance is on Sunday re: STRIKE TOMORROW I was so excited!

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#77re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:15am

Thanks, Infinite.

Im looking at alternate options on TDF, BroadwayBox, etc.

I'm thinking about maybe a matinee of Speech & Debate with an evening show of Cymbeline, if the strike isn't resolved.

But, as I said, I hope all goes well...

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

Katie2
#78re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:16am

How sure are we that Sunday is a no-go? The chances of this being resolved in a day are slim to none, right?

There goes the SA onstage seats I've had for the past 2 months...

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#79re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:18am

I was hearing the rumors tonight about this. It's funny, because I'm working CURTAINS tomorrow and really disappointed I won't get to watch the show.

For those of us that work in the theater and are not stage hands, we have got to show up and check in, and I think we're supposed to be there until curtain time.

localonecrew
#80re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:21am

what are you doing at Curtains?

it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
#81re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:26am

I have tickets for shows tomorrow and Sunday. I got the tickets through Ticketmaster. Do I get the refund from them, or can I get it from the box office?

MargoChanning
#82re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:41am

Refunds are offered at the point of purchase so you'd have to contact Ticketmaster which will credit your credit card.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#83re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:41am

I'm an usher, localonecrew.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#84re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:42am

Localonecrew, do you work at Curtains too? Nuts how many people work at Curtains.

bk
#85re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:44am

It's funny to me that no one wants to answer this simple query, including the supposed in the know people posting in this thread -

Does this paragraph from Playbill not mean anything?

"Neither the League nor the union has released an official statement. Lisa Linden, a spokesperson for the League told AP, "We have not heard from Local One regarding a strike and it would be shocking if they would hurt the theatergoing public by shutting down Broadway without notice."

While there may indeed be a strike, so far no one, not one person, has posted one OFFICIAL word - not one. It's all people posting "I've heard" "sources say" blah, blah, blah. Yes, it may happen, it may even happen first thing in the morning, but so far there is NO strike and no official word that one is happening for sure.

SakeDad Profile Photo
SakeDad
#86re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 2:32am

BK,
I said the same thing in the 4th post of this thread....now 4 pages and 80 posts later it's nice to have you join me!! The only official word from Local One is there is a meeting at 9am Saturday, everything else is rumor. While it may turn out to be true it could also be Local One "prompting" The League back to the table.

"God, I hope it's not a REAL emergency...I only brought one bottle of Vodka!" That's my Diva Dog, Sake in the picture.

bk
#87re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 2:36am

Yes, I agree. I think I fell asleep three times before your original post and reaching the fourth page, so filled were the posts with rumor and speculation but nothing official, especially from two or three posters, most importantly localonecrew, whose name would lead one to believe said poster was a member of local one - posting even though his union (if he is indeed a member) has said nothing official - for me, that's just all positioning and until the word is official, meaningless.

DownstageRight2
#88re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 3:00am

let me help u out here folks. this is not hearsay. it is the information i left work with this evening.
the strike is real and happening.
the meeting at 9am is just to hand out placards and picketing locations. leaving the theatre tonight we got the official word from the business agents for the hair, wardrobe, and then finally the word from the stagehands union that the strike was on. we still have to report to work of course but were told to remove anything valuable or necessary from our dressing rooms this evening.

bk
#89re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 3:09am

There is one important key piece of information that will either happen or not happen at nine - the union will make OFFICIAL that it is striking. Until that happens, while you may find it semantics, it IS hearsay.

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#90re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 3:28am

Yet unofficial sources are going wild all over the news that this is really happening. Will there be a sudden change of heart? Will the League suddenly decide, omg! They are really, really serious~we better start negotiating?

If they did, they will still suffer being the author's who forced the Union to go to the press with this awful news. Of course the Newspapers are eating up this stuff, what else do they have to report on?

I'm sorry bk but at this point, I believe it will take a miracle to turn this boat around right now. If you have any influence over the League, please use it now because a lot of people would much rather work than stand up in a picket line.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#91re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 3:32am

Well, the AP is reporting it now as well.
Is it official yet?

....but the world goes 'round

SakeDad Profile Photo
SakeDad
#92re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:29am

Tazber,
NO....it is NOT official yet!!! Even by the article you link it says "a person familiar with contract negotiations." and "said the person, who spoke Friday on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

A union spokesman declined comment. Lisa Linden, a spokeswoman for the League of American Theatres and Producers, said the group had not heard from Local One regarding the job action. "It would be shocking if they would hurt the theatergoing public by shutting down Broadway without notice," she said."

IT IS NOT OFFICIAL!!! Is it happening? I have no doubt it is...is it OFFICIAL? Absolutely NOT!! Even if you're told to pick your sign up tomorrow at 9am it STILL is not official. Until Local One says it via a press release or on their website it is NOT official! Probable, yes, official, no.

"God, I hope it's not a REAL emergency...I only brought one bottle of Vodka!" That's my Diva Dog, Sake in the picture.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#93re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:35am

why are you yelling sake? We'll know in 5 1/2 hours at the latest.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#94re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:36am

LOUD NOISES!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#95re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:38am

LOL!!!! SHHHHHH!!!

SakeDad Profile Photo
SakeDad
#96re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:39am

Because no one seemed to take the notes given several hours ago. Sorry if I woke you.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#97re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:45am

whatever, when they do strike in the morning this will all be moot.

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#98re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:47am

Chill out. Life is about preparing for the worst and aiding yourself with the necessary precautions before the [metaphoric] storm hits. Being prepared for the "official" before it becomes "OFFICIAL." That's what Storm Alerts on television are for. That's why BroadwayWorld, Yahoo, Playbill, and other news sources are giving early and fair warnings hours in advance to the OFFICIAL announcement. To prepare people for refunds and exchanges; avoid panic and chaos this weekend.

Chill. Out. We know it's not official yet.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 04:47 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#99re: STRIKE TOMORROW
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:49am

STOP BEING SO PRATICAL BILL!!! IT'S MUCH MORE FUN TO BE BITCHY.

Seriously though, good point.

Videos