MannPhan24601
#100KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 3:00pm

Yep . I spent $109 for second row orchestra right for this past Sunday 's show

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#101KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 3:17pm

MannPhan24601 said: "Well i just got it. 150 dollars each for last 5 rows in mezz. Think I paid 109 for second row orcho for this past Sunday !"

Here’s a screenshot of seats currently available with the promo code for the final show...

KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing

Updated On: 3/13/19 at 03:17 PM

wolfwriter
#102KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 3:26pm

Don't give up if you want a code. I just got one a few minutes ago.

I didn't expect Rear Mezz seats to be $150.00 plus fees. I will keep my happy memories of the show but will pass on those seats for that price.

shocowo
#103KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 3:34pm

MannPhan24601 said: "Talked to my mom (aka my KB buddy ) and we don't feel like going back for that price in the back (even though it's closing show. Glad we saw it 4 times over the past 7 months ! Going to miss it so much . We might go see the non eq tour in Atlantic City though"

I love this (that your Mom is your KB buddy)! I also just talked to my Mom, who loves KB as much as I do and we agreed $150+ for these seats really aren't worth it. Just going to try the lottery for the next 2 weeks and worse case, buy discounted tickets for one of shows that is still offering a discount. Collectively, we've seen KB over 20 times since it's opened, we just want to go one more time. Going to miss this one!

Updated On: 3/13/19 at 03:34 PM

MannPhan24601
#104KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 3:40pm

Yep. My mom isn't a theatre person but always liked David Cook as much as I have over the years (Only favorite to ever win American Idol and we saw him in concert a bunch !) . She only went to see him then fell in love with the show. Now,she wants to see other stuff(Yes,Tootsie is her favorite movie )

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#105KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 4:07pm

Myself and a friend got the codes(both different). Didn't realize the seats would be $150. We're both passing and will try rush & SRO that weekend.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bandbfilm
#106KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 7:29pm

I bought my tix so my friend now has an extra code if anyone wants.

Dabodnuh
#107KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 9:25pm

I would love to go! If you still have it, could you please share the code?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#108KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 9:40pm

Dabodnuh said: "I would love to go! If you still have it, could you please share the code? "

Send you a PM.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Logan28
#109KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 9:57pm

I have a code too if anyone would like it.

Love the show but wouldn't pay $150 for the rear mezzanine.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#110KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/13/19 at 10:00pm

MegaBus leaves in an hour and arrives in NYC just before 7am. It’s going to be a marathon trip. This time tomorrow it’ll be history for me having seen KINKY BOOTS and the original THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. Looking forward to both shows!

Updated On: 3/13/19 at 10:00 PM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#111KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/16/19 at 9:54am

Had the most AMAZING time at the show this past Thursday. There’s a life-sized picture of Lola out front of the Al Hirshfield theater with the cutout face that you can put yours through, and yes, I did. Figured I had this one and only chance, take it.

There was already a line forming to get in by 5:45pm. They let people into the theater at 6:15pm for the 7pm performance.

The show was absolutely everything I could have hoped for and so much more. Callum Francis as Lola was fabulous, hilarious, soul-stirring, moving, stunning, and tore up the stage. It was impossible to keep your eyes off of him when he was present. Andy Kelso as Charlie was such a delight, and it was easy to crush on him just a little, hate on him just a little, and be happy, sad, empathetic, and anxious for him a lot as his life is torn apart and put back together before your eyes.

As for the songs, my second favorite is when Lola appears at the factory as Simon, and while hiding in the gents (men’s room) sings Not My Father’s Son to Charlie describing his life - it was heart-wrenching. Love this song so much; The History of Wrong Guys sung by Carrie St. Louis who plays Lauren was so funny and cute, with lots of facial expressions and the noises she’d make; Soul Of A Man sung by Andy Kelso was just amazing, the vocals soaring and strong; and my favorite song, Hold Me In Your Heart, was outright breathtaking and phenomenal, the audience so still and quiet absorbing every moment of this deeply personal moment, with its conclusion a shock I wasn’t expecting. I actually cried.

When the show reaches the end with the entire cast dancing and letting go to a audience-clapping finale, I was filled with such joy and my heart was filled with so much love for Kinky Boots, I regret that I will never get the chance to see this again.

Updated On: 3/16/19 at 09:54 AM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#112KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/16/19 at 6:36pm

One thing I forgot to mention. When leaving the theater the stage-dooring crowd was fairly large, and there were boom-mics and lots of cameras. Not sure what was going on, and I hated the fact that I couldn’t stick around for 15+ more minutes to find out.

I did also hear a rumor that after KB closes, the Al Hirschfield Theater is knocking out part of the house-left wall and expanding the entry lobby into what is now the alley. Anyone else hear about this?

And they really do need to reconfigure the ladies restroom somehow. That line snaked from the main floor back up the only staircase, which presented an obstacle course trying to go up and down with multi-direction traffic and loiterers chatting with the ladies on the stairs during intermission. The men’s restroom upstairs is decent sized but the line gets long quick, and then parallels the ladies line overflowing from the staircase going back downstairs. It was next to impossible to navigate. A bit of a disaster if you ask me.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#113KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/17/19 at 11:42am

A few pictures from the Al Hirschfield Theatre and Kinky Boots on March 14, 2019. I had preordered the window card from the Kinky Boots website because I knew it wouldn’t survive the bus trip back home undamaged. I’d still rather have the cast-autographed one. KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing

https://www.flickr.com/photos/57377062@N04/albums/72157707628101504

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#114KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/17/19 at 11:59am

dmwnc1959 said: "I did also hear a rumor that after KB closes, the Al Hirschfield Theater is knocking out part of the house-left wall and expanding the entry lobby into what is now the alley. Anyone else hear about this?

And theyreally do need to reconfigure the ladies restroom somehow. That line snaked from the mainfloor back up the only staircase, whichpresentedan obstacle course trying to go up and down with multi-direction traffic and loiterers chatting with the ladies on the stairs during intermission. The men’s restroom upstairs is decent sized but the line gets long quick, and then parallelsthe ladies lineoverflowing from the staircase going back downstairs. It was next to impossible to navigate. A bit of a disaster if you ask me.
"

I've also heard that rumor. 

I beleive there are 20 stalls or so in the ladies restroom there? I don't know the exact number but I recall my friend telling me there was a lot when she went (saw the show 2 weeks ago). Either way, the line does tend to go by quickly.

I, too, will pass on paying $150 for rear mezz. Just a theory here but I'm guessing the people paying $150 in rear mezz are helping subsidize the comp tickets in the orchestra.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#115KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/22/19 at 9:49pm

Still a decent amount of seats left for the final show. I guess people that got the code(like me) turned it down once they saw the $150 price tag. Maybe they'll reduce the price as it gets closer?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#116KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/26/19 at 10:29pm

Caught the show again on Sunday(5th time). Scored last minuted $55 partial view in the orchestra(which really wasn't partial view). This cast is giving EVERYTHING!!!! Ghee is a force as Lola!! Andy Kelso, though not my favorite Charlie, has such great chemistry with everyone. This ensemble amazes me, mostly since about half are original cast members and still giving 110%. Some of the cast was already emotional during the curtain call, I can't imagine what they'll be like for the final show. Really hoping I can see it one more time during the final weekend. If you can get a ticket during its final two weeks, GO SEE THIS SHOW!!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#117KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/26/19 at 10:37pm

ACL2006 said: "Still a decent amount of seats left for the final show. I guess people that got the code(like me) turned it down once they saw the $150 price tag. Maybe they'll reduce the price as it gets closer?"

i think people may be waiting to see if they'll release orch seats closer to the show.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#118KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/27/19 at 9:48am

Wick3 said: "ACL2006 said: "Still a decent amount of seats left for the final show. I guess people that got the code(like me) turned it down once they saw the $150 price tag. Maybe they'll reduce the price as it gets closer?"

i think people may be waiting to see if they'll release orch seats closer to the show.
"

Or hoping those $150 rear mezz seats drop in price. My friend is saving his code just for that reason.

Zion24
#119KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/27/19 at 10:23am

dmwnc1959 said: "

The show was absolutely everything I could have hoped for and so much more. Callum Francis as Lola was fabulous, hilarious, soul-stirring, moving, stunning, and tore up the stage. It was impossible to keep your eyes off of him when he was present."

Just wanted to echo the praise for Callum Francis. Saw the show years ago, and it was fun/fine, but was dragged again last month and was blown away by his performance. Really special. 

Show is indeed in great shape. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#120KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/27/19 at 12:17pm

Really wish I could have seen the show with Francis. But I also didn't want to see Tiki Barber as Don, which I heard was terrible.

mailhandler777
#121KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/27/19 at 12:57pm

ACL2006 said: "Caught the show again on Sunday(5th time). Scored last minuted $55 partial view in the orchestra(which really wasn't partial view). This cast is giving EVERYTHING!!!! Ghee is a force as Lola!! Andy Kelso, though not my favorite Charlie, has such great chemistry with everyone. This ensemble amazes me, mostly since about half are original cast members and still giving 110%. Some of the cast was already emotional during the curtain call, I can't imagine what they'll be like for the final show. Really hoping I can see it one more time during the final weekend. If you can get a ticket during its final two weeks, GO SEE THIS SHOW!!"

I was there too. I never saw Ghee as Lola before and was blown away by him. Andy is the same as I remember him from the last time I saw it a few years ago. Glad I got to catch Carrie as Lauren and Caroline as Nicola.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

MannPhan24601
#122KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/27/19 at 2:16pm

ACL2006 said: "Really wish I could have seen the show with Francis. But I also didn't want to see Tiki Barber as Don, which I heard was terrible."

Went on March 10th after Barber finished just to see Francis and he was out (James Delisco Beeks was great  as Lola though ). Looked like Callum was on for the evening show and it looked like it wasn't a scheduled abscence.   Saw Ghee's wonderful performance 3 times and wish I could see him again . 

Still waiting for prices to go lower for last show. Wanted to go this weekend but the discount code isn't valid for the final weeks and mom dosen't want to sit in the back (unless it was for the final show ) after always sitting in the front . 

Don't know why I'm still harping on this when Kelso (who was totally amazing ,espically with his acting) totally deserved to close as Charlie from his incredible history with the show  but I'm still puzzeled on his last minute announcement on coming back and think David Cook was going to come but his broken hand from Oct or somebody backed out at last minute 

Updated On: 3/27/19 at 02:16 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#123KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/27/19 at 3:07pm

Completely agree about Cook. He's said in several interviews how he loved his time in Kinky Boots. But I'm perfectly fine with Kelso closing the show.

In terms of discounts, my $55 partial view seats were bought through TKTS. Seats do seem limited and Sunday looked sold-out. But give TKTS a try this week if you can.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#124KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
Posted: 3/28/19 at 2:31pm

Prices seem to be going up as they have released a lot more seats in the Mezz. New group of tkts are $199.00. At this point it is a very empty mezzanine. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Videos