pixeltracker

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday- Page 5

Rent on Regis and Kelly Thursday

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#100re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 1:50pm

It really was not a very good performance, but ozone COME ON give them a break. If they sounded like that regularly, I can see your problem, but they don't. It was one iffy performance, and you're being ridiculous. Nobody's perfect all the time. Nobody's VOICES are perfect all the time, especially when the weather is abruptly changing.

And for those of you saying that maybe they're just getting sick of performing this one song, that sounds a bit silly to me. They're mostly theatre actors who perform the same show 8 times a week, and from I can see, they're mostly pretty good at keeping it fresh. Even if this is the tenth time they've performed this same song for promoting the film...it really shouldn't be a problem.
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 01:50 PM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#101re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 2:05pm

Rosario hitting on Taye?!!
Okay now I have to step in here and say I think that is one ridiculous assumption by TheHumanTorch, the same goes for the rest of you who are carrying it over.
Do you guys always over-analyze and read too much into things?
Please all of you stop with this, it's just plain nonsense.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#102re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 2:13pm

I agree, Marquise, that's just ridiculous. And I'm SURE if she were hitting on hi, she'd do it while his wife is right there and he has his arm around her.

Right.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#103re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 2:14pm

Wow, what a mess of a thread already.

I thought they were totally adorable, but was definitely missing Jesse's presence. Audio on the Regis and Kelly performances is ALWAYS really crappy -- give them a break.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 02:14 PM

TheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
#104re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 2:14pm

sorry Marquise... no need to get defensive

its just that whenever I hit on a boy... that is the way I do it, with all the clinging and whatnot

I was just commenting on the fact that it appeared as if rosario was hitting on taye... i wasn't trying to start a rumor

geeeeeze

Theaterlover2 Profile Photo
Theaterlover2
#105re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 2:19pm

I forgot to tape it!!!!!!!! noooo. does anyone know where i can find a clip?
thank you so much
tl2

This is wanting something This is reaching for it This is wishing that a moment would arrive- LITP everybody goes down well with beer!-sweeney Todd Listen to the stories Hear it in the songs Angry men don't write the rules and guns don't right the wrongs!-Assassins

#106re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 2:30pm

I watched it this morning. Can I say "Let down"?

No one is perfect. I was hoping for more of a sit down interview... but what can you do?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#107re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:05pm

I woke up 10 minutes before their segment. I don't have a TV in my room, so I watched it in the lounge of my floor with the cleaning woman.

-Idina looked gorgeous, I loved her hair.

-Anthony mentioned Adventures in Babysitting, which was awesome, I still like that movie

-I finally got to hear Wilson sing the solo (who cares if he wasn't perfect, I just wanted to hear it!)

I thought it was weird that no one mentioned Jesse. He was most likely doing Law & Order stuff, so I don't see why no one mentioned that he was in the movie as well, but just couldn't make it.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 03:05 PM

Rentaholic2
#108re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:20pm

uh...where do i click on that link, mr.midwest? it's not it english.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#109re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:27pm

Just watched it.

Thought it was great. Vocals were a little over the place, you can hear Idina above the others at one point.

I wish Jesse was there. Wilson sounded awful!

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#110re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:28pm

Ok...for the last time.. BROADWAY GIRL: wilson sounded off .. i think eveyone will agree to that. his voice isnt right for the solo. has nothing to do with giving him a break. love him..hes the one and only angel.. but what are these breaks we're talking about. we give him a break and he STILL isnt right for that solo and u know that. cmon. Tracie.. had no control. not talkin about morning hoarsness or cracks here and there. talkin about her performance today bein sub par. remember todays topic here?: RENT on Regis and Kelly Thurday. A break for what?.. this is their profession/job. lets not forget they are promoting a film. the studio has them out there to sing SOL for a reason. its called $$$. that airing didnt sell any tickets to NON RENT fans. love rent.. seen it over and over.. have recordings.. but be real. break???? please.

Updated On: 10/13/05 at 03:28 PM

Rentaholic2
#111re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:35pm

edit: nevermind...why is this site in spanish? Updated On: 10/13/05 at 03:35 PM

orangeskittles
#112re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:37pm

Upper right, under the ads, there's a little box with some words in Italian. Click there. It should start downloading.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#113re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:45pm

No idea rentaholic.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#114re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 3:47pm

I love it when someone tries to point out what the other is doing is wrong that the one who's doing the wrong accuses the other of being defensive.

Uh-huh.

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#115re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 4:14pm

Is it taking anyone else SOO long to upload the thing??? It says it's going to take 1 hour for me....

RaininSmilies
#116re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 4:23pm

Two hours for me. Could someone repost it on yousendit? That works better for my computer.

TheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
#117re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 7:27pm

Marquise.... i didn't realize that making a simple commentary on something Rosario did on national tv was "something wrong"

orangeskittles
#118re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 7:51pm

TheHumanTorch, after the Wilson/Tracie fiasco, it's better to just keep rumors like that off the board.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#119re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/13/05 at 7:57pm

well my stupid dorms cable was out due to the weather so I missed it...is there a link so I can see the performance??

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

rentmovie1205
#120re: Rent on Regis and Kelly
Posted: 10/21/05 at 3:51am

hey can someone tell me how i can grab the video from regis?

Videos