pixeltracker

What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?- Page 5

What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#100re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 1/7/07 at 7:52pm

Any of the Bad Idea Bear scenes in Avenue Q.
The line in All Shook Up about music being magic which I can't BELIEVE I forgot. I used to be able to recite that whole show.

Assassins:
BOOTH
What do you want, Lee?

OSWALD
You know so much, why don't you tell me?

BOOTH
You want what everybody wants. To be appreciated. To be valued. To be in other people's thoughts. For them to think of you
and smile. You want someone to love you, Lee. Right?...Isn't that it?...Lee?

OSWALD
Yes.

BOOTH
Forget it.

OSWALD
What?

BOOTH
It's never gonna happen. It's a fantasy. You've got to give it up.

BKLYN:
Ain't it funny the things we come to value in this life?
A stone that shines and sparkles can make a young girl an old man's wife.
I said the right piece of dirt in the right part of town can make you lord of the land.
And if you happen to be born in just the right home, you've got the future in the palm of your hands.
But a memory is just a worthless thing - with every year the price goes down, 'til it's dusted off and sold for what you can get in America's lost and found.

And very much of Jersey Boys.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#101re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 1/7/07 at 7:56pm

Janet: Chaperone, were you ever married?
Chaperone: Oh, no; I drink for pleasure, not out of necessity.

...or something like that.

Broadwayfan120791 Profile Photo
Broadwayfan120791
#102re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:47pm

personally lovee all of the Jersey Boys script [period], but my favorites from Broadway musicals including it are:

Frankie: They ask you, what was the high point? The Hall of Fame? Sellin' all those records? Pulling Sherry outta the hat? It was all great. But four guys under a streetlamp, when it was all just ahead of us. The first time we made that sound. Our sound. When everything dropped away and all there was was the music. That was the best. That's why I'm still out there singing. Like that bunny on tv with the battery. I just keep goin' and goin' and goin'. Chasin' the music. Tryin' to get home.

Bob Gaudio:"I'm not drawn to the old neighborhood. My life never revolved around the old neighborhood. I could give a f*** about the old neighborhood."

Bob Gaudio:"It may come as a surprise to you, Tommy but I don't have a criminal record."
Tommy Devito:"Never to late to start one. Maybe you'll get a song out it. Oh me, Oh my-o. Did some time in ole ohio."

[thanks worrell for mentioning those lines before, couldn't remember the exact words until I saw your posts lol]

Bob Gaudio: It was better than knockin' on doors but nah much.

Tommy Devito: Groups are growing on trees, but this kid could do it for us, sure he's green, but that's where I come in, I take this raw claw and I make it like michael-angelo...I got a few years on him so I gotta lot to teach him..its like my missionn.

Frankie: You wanna get a hit song, its like the stations of the cross...you gotta get past the record company, the program director, the dj's, and if your lucky you get to the people.

Wicked-

Fiyero: What is it?
Elphaba: Its just: for the first time: I feel--Wicked!

Hairspray-

LINK :Ya think it'll be all right for, you know... us?
SEAWEED: It's cool, cracker boy!
PENNY :Being invited places by colored people!
TRACY : It feels so hip!

Come on babe we're gonna paint the town...and all that jazz...

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#103re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 1/7/07 at 11:05pm

Cabaret:

Fraulein Kost: How dare you! You think it is easy -- finding sailors?! This is my second one since New Year's and what is it now? April!
Fraulein Schneider: Your second?
Fraulein Kost: Ja.
Fraulein Schneider: Your...second?
Fraulein Kost: ...Ja.

Herr Schultz: But it is foolish! I mean - after all - who would have me? An elderly widower - balding - with heartburn - and a little fruit...
Fraulein Schneider: Am I such a bargain then? An unbeautiful spinster with some rooms to let - poorly furnished.
Herr Schultz: I work fourteen hours a day.
Fraulein Schneider: I do my own scrubbing.
Herr Schultz: My right leg bothers me.
Fraulein Schneider: I have such palpitations.
Herr Schultz: I'm not a well man.
Fraulein Schneider: Am I a well woman?

Fraulein Kost: Fraulein Schneider -- I am welcome?
Fraulein Schneider: Fraulein Kost - forgive me. It is my fault - I did not invite you. But only because I know you work in the evening.
Fraulein Kost: Tonight I am free.
Fraulein Schneider: I should live so long.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

broadway_socialite Profile Photo
broadway_socialite
#104re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 1/8/07 at 3:25am

I love the part in a little night music where Mme armfeldt talks about the wooden ring, and the man who might have been th love of her life. I've done the show before, and I had to come on right after that part, and I would always be a little misty eyed.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#105re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 1/8/07 at 3:38am

I know it's from an Off-Broadway show, but I've always loved this bit from tick...tick...BOOM. Especially the last line.

"In one week I’ll be thirty. Three-zero. Older than my Dad was
when I was born. Older than Napoleon was when he ... did
something that was probably extremely impressive at the time –
I’m not a historian. I’m a composer. Sorry, a “promising young
composer.” I should have kids of my own by now, a career, but
instead I've been "promising" for so long I'm afraid I'm starting to break the f***ing promise."

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

The_Jackal2 Profile Photo
The_Jackal2
#106re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 5/16/07 at 12:23am

DRS:
Something along the lines of: "Ruprecht! We don't eat the pets! We have lost more cats that way..."

Jolene: "You're gonna love Oklahoma! It's so flat and peaceful and...flat!"

Assassins:
Moore: "He reminds me of my daddy!"
Fromme: "Colonel Sanders?"

The Full Monty:
"If you want to be in show business, you should be spayed"

Altar Boyz (off-Broadway but whatever):
I know I'll misquote this but Luke's quoting this thing from the Bible about "You will notice the speck in your neighbors eye but not the log in your own"
Luke: "I think that really says it all. If you can't tell you got HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A LOG you've got problems! A log's like THIS BIG AROUND!!! You're lucky your head didn't come off! You best be gettin' yourself to a hopsital!"

Abraham: "Why don't you tell them about our little suprizzle later in the shizzle?"
Matthew: "...what?"
Abraham: "Our suprise later in the show..."

Mark: "When day, while I was being persecuted...with Nair..."

Haha, I have so many lines like this and I know I'm going to think of some more later...

bklynqt19862
#107re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 5/16/07 at 7:43am

Spring Awakening:

Me, I'm like a **** cat...I just skim off the cream

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#108re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 5/16/07 at 7:45am

CURTAINS:

Carmen: ...Disappointing. Just like my husband at the Hotel Tafte.

(or something along those lines)

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#109re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
Posted: 5/16/07 at 8:04am

Lizzie: Then why didn't you just say it straight out: Lizzie, I want to talk to you ~ alone! ~ man to man!

Starbuck: Man to man Lizzie?

Lizzie: Excuse me. I made a mistake. You are not a man!

(from 110 In The Shade)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos