pixeltracker

The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?- Page 6

The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?

MirrorBride Profile Photo
MirrorBride
#125re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 6:24pm

I think Disney changes it the day that the new cast member comes on.

"This one really spoke to me. She's a strong woman, that's why I think people relate to her and the story." -Sierra Boggess talking about her role as OBC Ariel

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#126re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 7:32pm

MirrorBride,

if they take the show on tour then the Lunt will be free for The Addams Family.

I just want to point something out. You joined two days ago. And, both your avatars have had to do with Disney shows. Now, it's okay if you like them. Everyone has their own show or set of shows that they just flat out love. But, let's be real here.

This goes back to what I had said about earlier about how it is okay to be a fan of a particular show but to not be too into it so that when it does something like announce that it is going to close then you won't get too upset. I get the impression that your in denial about how Little Mermaid is going to close.

You have to realize that it is going to close to make room for The Addams Family. There are just to many things that Disney is loosing while keeping this show open. This show has been a hazard since day one and I am not talking about the problem involving Bailey. I am talking about even before that.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#127re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 7:41pm

Hear, hear!

MirrorBride
#128re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 8:47pm

"I just want to point something out. You joined two days ago. And, both your avatars have had to do with Disney shows. Now, it's okay if you like them. Everyone has their own show or set of shows that they just flat out love. But, let's be real here."

Just because my avatar is Disney doesn't mean they're the only shows I enjoy. They're just the most original looking photographs I have of the few shows that I have pictures from. In fact, I happen to enjoy Phantom, Into the Woods, and Les Mis. If Mermaid closed, my life would go on.

"This goes back to what I had said about earlier about how it is okay to be a fan of a particular show but to not be too into it so that when it does something like announce that it is going to close then you won't get too upset. I get the impression that your in denial about how Little Mermaid is going to close."

Shows open and close, and I accept that. That isn't my point and I'm not in denial. I'm just saying it hasn't been confirmed by Disney so we don't know 100% what will happen. It could go on tour or flat out close. All I'm saying is we have to wait to find out.

"You have to realize that it is going to close to make room for The Addams Family. There are just to many things that Disney is loosing while keeping this show open. This show has been a hazard since day one and I am not talking about the problem involving Bailey. I am talking about even before that."

There isn't a certainty of anything yet. I think we shouldn't keep speculating about the whole situation. Do we even know 100% that Addams will make it to Broadway? I'm completely fine if Mermaid closes, and am by no means in denial.

"This one really spoke to me. She's a strong woman, that's why I think people relate to her and the story." -Sierra Boggess talking about her role as OBC Ariel

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#129re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 8:56pm

Yes we do know for a fact that it's coming to Broadway. They ARE selling tickets.

MirrorBride
#130re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:03pm

Then we'll see what happens with Mermaid.

defyingravity07
#131re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:04pm

We know what will happen...

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#132re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:13pm

Quick question, will Disney rent out a non Nederlander theatre? I know Mary Poppins is at the New Amsterdam which is non Ned. but could they possibly move to a Schubert? I think we're all pretty much accepting that TAF (The Addams Family, obviously) is headed for the Lunt. If Disney were to rotate and/or closed a few of their shows, the transition for TAF will be rather quick and painless.
Updated On: 6/2/09 at 09:13 PM

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#133re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:15pm

This thread so much reminds me of the Rosie/Elizabeth fight.

"I LIKE FACTS! You don't want me to go on facts and only want to go on emotions, WELL I LIKE FACTS!"

"I defeeeeeeeeeeend my thoughts"

On another note though, whatever happened to "The Search for the New Ariel" campaign? Was that for the tour then, since Chelsea took over? I remember my friend tried out in Boston.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

MirrorBride
#134re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/2/09 at 9:26pm

We don't know fully what will happen. There are unlikely circumstances that could happen or not. Mermaid could close and tour, it could move, of simply just close. That's my point, we can't pinpoint what Disney's plans are.

Updated On: 6/2/09 at 09:26 PM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#135re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 9:13am

inick122492, considering that all the Disney shows have played in Nederlander theatres and considering that Disney leased the New Amsterdam from the Nederlanders for 100 years then I feel that it can be safe to say that they wouldn't work with another theatre owning group.

Mirror Bride, can you answer me this. Can you name me one show that has closed, used its Broadway sets for a tour and then came back to Broadway? That hardly if at all even happens so to even suggest that is laughable.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

MirrorBride
#136re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 1:35pm

You have to keep in mind that I'm not saying what will happen, I'm only saying possibilities. I'm sorry you disagree with me, but again, all I'm saying is that we can't know what will happen with Mermaid, Addams, and the Lunt until it all happens or is confirmed by Disney or the Nederlander theatres.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#137re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 2:46pm

We do know what will happen. We do know that LIttle Mermaid will close and The Addams Family will come in in it's place. Can someone please tell me why I feel like I am having a feeling of deja vu?

MirrorBride
#138re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 2:57pm

The thing is, do we know what will happen with the shows after that? Do we know Disney's plans? Has anything been confirmed as to what they plan on doing after? Will Mermaid tour? Will Addams family bomb? We just don't know. That's what I'm trying to say.

DavidPatrickS82
#139re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/3/09 at 3:13pm

This is a reply to a poster that was from way earlier... and has little to do with the whole Little mermaid/Addams Family thing, but....

The Longacre is getting that Australian dance show... Burn The Floor I think is the name of it?

inick122492
#140re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:35pm

Since Guys and Dolls is closing Nederlander is open... Any thoughts??

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#141re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:37pm

It's too small and the theater would be dark for nine months before The Addams Family would start previews.

inick122492
#142re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:42pm

Thats what I first, but I think TLM won't close cuz its not doing terrible.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#143re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:43pm

TARZAN announced there closing when they were doing around how The Little Mermaid is currently doing.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

KirbyCat
#144re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:44pm

Yeah, if The Little Mermaid is closing, then I'm surprised that Mary Poppins has been open this long... Both of these shows take in about the same amount of money on an off-week, but even still, their numbers are through the roof during tourist season...

defyingravity07
#145re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 3:53pm

Disney doesn't need to pay rent on the New Amsterdam making it's costs lower.

Fosse76
#146re: The Addams Family Kicking Out Mermaid?
Posted: 6/9/09 at 4:46pm

"Thats what I first, but I think TLM won't close cuz its not doing terrible."

For what must be the 100th time, the Group Sales tickets for Addams Family are being sold using the Lunt's seating plan. NO OTHER THEATER MATCHES. Even if they had sold generic seats with hope to name a theater later, it wouldn't make sense to use the Lunt because it divides its rear mezzanine by evens and odds with no center section. So unless the Nederlanders plan on renting out the Broadway theater, the seating assignments cannot be transferred to another theater without re-doing ALL the tickets. It's going into the Lunt.

Videos