pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 77

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1900Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/17/13 at 6:04pm

That's a hell of a cast! Yes, there are a few people I would have picked over other people just based on personal preferences and whatnot, but now that Sophia Grace is gone, there's really not a single person I don't think is absolutely capable of making this a great movie. I hope it's as magical as it deserves to be.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1901Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/17/13 at 6:52pm

Into the Woods Movie Cast

Oh, to be a fly on the wall ...

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#1902Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 12:50am

Oh my God Simon Russell Beale! He is one of the finest actors alive...love that man in ANYTHING. It is so great to see him in this!

Brian07663NJ
#1903Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 9:12am

SO glad that Sophia Grace's parents realized she was too young for this part. Talk about making the audience feel uncomfortable watching a young girl her age perform that role!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1904Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 10:07am

The fact that Disney never added her to the confirmed cast list leads be to believe she was told she had the part on a "trial period basis." I'm guessing her father was overexcited and leaked the news via social media prematurely. He did her a disservice by doing that.

I hope she understands it isn't awful that a 10-year-old doesn't understand the complexities of a Sondheim/Lapine show. There are many older adults who can't grasp it either.

I'm guessing she blew them all away with her preliminary audition (actually, I heard that, so it's not a guess). She probably did fine with the earlier scenes as Little Red, but as the story progresses and her character changes, and she has to dig deeper toward the end of the story, she probably couldn't rise to the occasion. (That much is a guess.) It's a complicated role, even if it's intended for a "short, plump, little girl in a red cape."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#1905Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 10:11am

Very true besty. It's a very complicated role. And she also has to have good timing to land all her sarcastic punchlines.

....but the world goes 'round

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1906Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 10:19am

I just want to hear Lilla say "You's can tawk ta boids?"

ray-andallthatjazz86
#1907Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 10:53am

I can't believe people would buy that her parents all of the sudden decided the material was "inappropriate" for a girl her age, not only is it a BS excuse, but come on, it's not like INTO THE WOODS is SHOWGIRLS.
Little Red is a great role, Danielle Ferland set the bar really high for it too, she found humor in so many lines that are rarely funny in the hands of future Little Reds, but she was also tough-as-nails, naive, and mature at the same time. Her scene with Kim Crosby toward the end still packs a punch. I just never saw Sophia Grace nailing it that way, Lilla brings a kind of maturity that seems at least more promising (Sarah Hyland still is my number one pick, though clearly they went younger).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1908Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 10:59am

I just want to hear Lilla say "You's can tawk ta boids?"

LOL

Yes, the Bowery Boys accent has to go.

I just hope she doesn't try (and I mean TRY really TRY) a British accent.

The Bowery Boys School of Accents

Updated On: 9/18/13 at 10:59 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1909Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/18/13 at 11:09am

I actually think Sophia Grace shows a lot of potential when I see her interviewed. But the biggest thing I also see her lacking is focus. She can been wildly charismatic, bold, brazen, wildly annoying, sassy, spontaneous, at ease in front of the camera and other people, but also quiet, sweet, and very funny. I just don't see her being able to concentrate on a scene (especially a dramatic one) long enough to get a good series of takes for a film.

Anyway, I'm glad Lilla was available.

I aslo think that Lilla wasn't called in at the last minute. I believe they might even have had her on some sort of retainer "just in case." You can't launch into a production schedule on this scale with that many stars attached when you're unsure about one of the key players and not have a backup ready to go.

Lilla was most assuredly waiting in the wings.

Updated On: 9/18/13 at 11:09 AM

beautywickedlover
#1910Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/20/13 at 3:28pm

The film has less competition from family-friendly movies December 2014. The 'Despicable Me' spin-off, 'Minions', which was supposed to be released a week prior to this movie has been postponed to July 2015.

Universal moves 'Minions' spinoff to 2015

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1911Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/21/13 at 4:07pm

Somebody posted this on IMDb.com, saying it was from Anna Kendrick's Instagram with the caption: "The way is clear, the light is good... #intothewoods"

Can we assume this is a location/set? If so, It's good to see they're going outdoors with it. And it's a cool pic.

crz2662 Profile Photo
crz2662
#1912Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/21/13 at 4:24pm

Is it outdoors......hmmmmm? Makes you wonder what they can do these days.

jimmycurry01
#1913Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/21/13 at 5:08pm

That pic certainly gives hope that it won't be an Alice in Wonderland CGI set.

beautywickedlover
#1914Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/21/13 at 5:33pm

Into the Woods Movie Cast

Rapunzel's tower, which is under construction, was posted by someone on the film's Wikipedia page.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#1915Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/21/13 at 6:35pm

This movie keeps getting better every day!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1916Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/21/13 at 6:52pm

I kinda love that it looks like it's coming out of old ruins, giving it an authentic look. It makes sense now why Dover Castle is subbing for Cinderella's castle. It's definitely going to look like a movie and not a stage show on film.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#1917Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 11:51am

Wow, love both of those photos. I think Marshall's group can certainly do something great with it, after all, he did lead MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA to win three Oscars in the design categories.

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#1918Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 12:04pm

So this might not be a CGI Fest? Sweet! The Instagram picture was beautiful.

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1919Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 12:19pm

I'm glad it's not going to look like a CGI animated video game. Wonderland was too much in that direction for me.

Speaking of ... has anybody heard if they are shooting Into the Woods in 3D? Just curious if Disney and Marshall are going full out with the 3D IMAX route.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1920Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 1:04pm

I hope so. I want beans thrown at me!!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1921Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 1:22pm

I'ma bring some rice so I can catch them beans and eat 'em!

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#1922Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 1:24pm

And Florinda's toe and Lucinda's heal!

ETA: yes, sure with the beans and rice. You need some meat in there.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 9/22/13 at 01:24 PM

Mattbrain
#1923Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 2:12pm

"I just hope she doesn't try (and I mean TRY really TRY) a British accent. "

You know she spoke with a Geordie dialect in Billy Elliot, right/

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1924Into the Woods Movie Cast
Posted: 9/22/13 at 4:11pm

How'd she do with it?

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos