pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 78

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Shreya Jain
#1925Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:58pm

Steph N said: "Wed Nov 21, Parts 1&2, BALCL, Row D 15 $40/ticket available (Total $102)"

Thanks! Just snagged these before I saw this post by total fluke. I hope the view isn't too bad!

agbway
#1926Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:59pm

GregHut said: "Bunch of $20-$40/part tickets in Nov., mainly Nov. 23rd."

Managed to get 2 for Nov. 23rd in Balcony!! Thanks so much!

Steph N
#1927Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 3:02pm

GregHut said: "Bunch of $20-$40/part tickets in Nov., mainly Nov. 23rd."

THANK YOU!! I managed to get some, as well! 

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#1928Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 4:02pm

hermionejuliet said: "There are also some $40 per part in December. Mainly on Sunday or Thursday/Friday."

I got a pair!  Love this board!

amejr9991
#1929Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:11pm

About to cancel 1 $40 ticket for Aug 30/31; should show up in an hour or 2, I'd imagine.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1930Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:13pm

BroadwayLuv2 said: "hermionejuliet said: "There are also some $40 per part in December. Mainly on Sunday or Thursday/Friday."

I got a pair! Love this board!
"

Agreed! Good work team. Thanks to all who search and share - definitely a way to spread some joy. :) (Is this the Broadway equivalent to the Starbucks Pay It Forward? I think it might be!) 

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

forgetregret
#1931Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:29pm

I posted this in its own thread but in case anyone missed it and may be interested, I am selling a ticket for tomorrow night and Friday night. Dress circle row L, $62 total. PM me if you’re interested!

Edit: Sold  

Updated On: 6/20/18 at 09:29 PM

Shreya Jain
#1932Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:34pm

forgetregret said: "I posted this in its own thread but in case anyone missed it and may be interested, I am selling a ticket for tomorrow night and Friday night. Dress circle row L, $62 total. PM me if you’re interested!"

PMed you!

kmissa
#1933Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 9:58pm

Updated On: 6/20/18 at 09:58 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1934Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:12pm

So, I finally sat in the original seat I bought in February, dress circle M 111. The view was really great, and, at $40 per part, an amazing deal. Except for missing the full-theatre effect at the end of Act 1 of Part 2 (it's still on the overhang, though), the balcony doesn't obstruct at all. The effect at the end of Part One is fully visible. I'm short, and I had no problems with heads in the way, without a seat cushion. If you're sitting any distance from the stage, though, in any of the sections, I highly recommend bringing binoculars. The production has many large-scale moments, but there are also long scenes with just dialogue, where the actors stand or sit in the same place for extended periods. For those parts, I found it helpful to watch through the binoculars. The show has many things that make it special, but the performances of the London transfers really elevate the material, and I think it's difficult to appreciate them fully if you can't see their faces. I've seen the show 3.5 times, from row H of the balcony, row M of the dress circle, and rows AA and E of the orchestra. I've been very happy with all of them, but the front orchestra seats were my favorites, by far.

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 12:12 PM

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#1935Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:16pm

CT2NYC said: "So, I finally sat in the original seat I bought in February, dress circle M 111. The view was really great, and, at $40 per part, an amazing deal. Except for missing the full-theatre effect at the end of Act 1of Part 2 (it's still on the overhang, though), the balcony doesn't obstruct at all. The effect at the end of Part One is fully visible. I'm short, and I had no problems with heads in the way, without a seat cushion."

Would you please elaborate in a Spoiler box?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1936Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 12:26pm

Lot666 said: "CT2NYC said: "So, I finally sat in the original seat I bought in February, dress circle M 111. The view was really great, and, at $40 per part, an amazing deal. Except for missing the full-theatre effect at the end of Act 1of Part 2 (it's still on the overhang, though), the balcony doesn't obstruct at all. The effect at the end of Part One is fully visible. I'm short, and I had no problems with heads in the way, without a seat cushion."

Would you please elaborate in a Spoiler box?
"

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

At the end of Act 1 of Part 2, flourescent writing is revealed on the walls and ceiling of the auditorium. The balcony obstructs a lot of it, but the writing also appears on the overhang, so you still get the effect, but it's not nearly as impressive. The dementor at the end of Part 1 is fully visible over the dress circle, though.

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 12:26 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#1937Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:21pm

Thoughts on front orchestra, Row C seat 15? Is it too close? 

Notreallysilent 2
#1938Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:36pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Thoughts on front orchestra, Row C seat 15? Is it too close?"

I sat d16 I think and I loved it. Seeing facial expressions was awesome, especially sams and Anthony’s. However, the effects are better a bit farther back in my opinion. The effects are still cool, but some of them are ruined close up. 

BroadwayNYC2
#1939Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:37pm

Super torn, have seats in Row U and these Row C just popped up. May wait and see if any further back seats pop up. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1940Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:40pm

Some people will says that row C is too close, but I think it's an amazing view. In my opinion, any negatives such as stage height, being able to see how some of the magic is done, and not getting the big picture are outweighed by being so close the actors.

HeatherAV
#1941Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:42pm

For a first time, further back may be a bit better - it's a grand show with beautiful special effects that I think are better viewed from a little further back than Row C.  That said, you'll see all their expressions and it's an emotional show at times so you'd have a beautiful, just different, experience from so close. (If you don't end up taking the Row C seats, would you mind posting the date they're available?  I saw the show from further back a few weeks ago and would love an up-close view for my second time going to the show.)

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1942Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:44pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Super torn, have seats in Row U and these Row C just popped up. May wait and see if any further back seats pop up."

Row U is under the dress circle overhang, so I would jump on C immediately.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1943Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:53pm

Also, I get when people say that the effects are better from further away, but the show is 5 1/2 hours with a lot of dialogue-heavy scenes. I love the spectacle, but I love the acting more.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1944Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:53pm

Yes, you will miss part of an effect in Row U.

BroadwayNYC2
#1945Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:02pm

What about left orchestra or right orchestra? Any preference? 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1946Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:15pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "What about left orchestra or right orchestra? Any preference?"

To me, it appeared that stage left/house right has more going on, but I don't think the production drastically favors one side over the other.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#1947Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:16pm

I've sat right orchestra (6th row & 10th row) and left orchestra (8th row), and genuinely can't remember a difference. I've also sat in the center balcony and honestly, most scenes are staged downstage center that it doesn't matter where you sit! 

BroadwayNYC2
#1948Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:20pm

Looks like I'm switching. Hope it isn't too close or too far to the side! Very excited. These tickets are for late July.

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 02:20 PM

HeatherAV
#1949Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:22pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Looks like I'm switching. Hope it isn't too close or too far to the side! Very excited."

You won't regret it - it's a beautiful show!

Do you mind saying how much the ticket is?  I'm curious if the closer rows are $299, $189 or $155 (because of the high stage and slightly limited view).  Thanks.

Videos