THE MUSIC MAN Reviews

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#175THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 5/11/22 at 7:56pm

Just noticed that Hugh's vacation weeks are no longer listed as such on Telecharge. The weeks in August and September are still off sale, but the October dates are now available to purchase.

Updated On: 5/11/22 at 07:56 PM

JasonC3
#176THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 5/13/22 at 12:44pm

Wasn't going to start a new thread just for this, but Sutton Foster's home is featured in Architectural Digest.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#177THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 5/13/22 at 11:29pm

So I finally saw this. It's a perfectly respectable, although uninspired, production. The magic, glamour, and heart that made HELLO, DOLLY! so special are sorely lacking here. The design is fine - rather boring, unfortunately. The choreography is fun, but those dance breaks are too darn long. Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster are both great, but it's nothing we haven't seen them do before. Overall, I had fun and found it to be charming at best.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#178THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 5/14/22 at 12:28am

I gotta say, the proshot footage in the new trailer is really spectacular. Those closeups alone wish we could get it on DVD like we did his Oklahoma!.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#179THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/23/22 at 10:48pm

Any word on who will be replacing Jefferson Mays?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#180THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/23/22 at 10:53pm

BarnabyTucker said: "Any word on who will be replacing Jefferson Mays?"

Mark Linn-Baker was announced 3 weeks ago.

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#181THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/23/22 at 10:58pm

Thank you!

helso1
#182THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/24/22 at 6:07am

Hi!

My apologies, not sure if I’m posting this in the right place. But I’m visiting from the UK on November 16th. I’ve just managed to locate some Orchestra seats for $99 that evening. I notice these tickets are significantly more expensive later in the week. I just wondered if anyone knew if there was a reason for this, or if perhaps Hugh or Sutton were scheduled to be out at all?

Many thanks for any help.

Helen THE MUSIC MAN Reviews

jo
#183THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/24/22 at 7:30am

helso1 said: "Hi!

My apologies, not sure if I’m posting this in the right place. But I’m visiting from the UK on November 16th. I’ve just managed to locate some Orchestra seats for $99 that evening. I notice these tickets are significantly more expensive later in the week. I just wondered if anyone knew if there was a reason for this, or if perhaps Hugh or Sutton were scheduled to be out at all?

Many thanks for any help

Helen THE MUSIC MAN Reviews"

Hugh & Sutton do all 8 shows a week. They have been out only when they were infected with Covid ( 2x) and on pre-announced leaves for Hugh (they all went on leave). I think Sutton was also out for a few shows not so long ago but no reason was given.

Pricing for the weekend has always been higher.

Enjoy the show.!

Updated On: 10/24/22 at 07:30 AM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#184THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/24/22 at 7:45am

Looks like mostly single seats at the far sides of the orchestra for $99 on that date.  The view may not be the best, but still I'd say probably a good deal.  None seem marked partial view.

helso1
#185THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 10/24/22 at 8:43am

Brilliant, thats great! Thank you both! Will get booked THE MUSIC MAN Reviews

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#186THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 1/13/23 at 1:06pm

The revival closes this Sunday. Does anyone plan on attending one of this weekend's final performances?

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
jo
#188THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
Posted: 2/24/23 at 8:28pm

Tag said: "‘Wolverine’ Star Hugh Jackman Claims The Growling Has Damaged His Vocal Range

Oh, so that was it.
"

Compare with how he sang when he was introduced in a Royal Command Performance in London, before Oklahoma! opened --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjxMGM36Hk

Also, the more complete quote from Hugh --

"We learned a technique [in school] of how to shout and how to yell without ruining your voice. However, during Wolverine, I did some screaming and yelling and things that I think did damage to my voice. I’m working on it. I work with a singing teacher and I try not to hurt myself. I put a lot of effort into both physical movement and my vocal preparation for every role."

Btw, he is returning in a comeback Wolverine role and  filming in the summer with Ryan Reynolds, in a movie about Wolverine & Deadpool. It will take place in a different time before LOGAN ( where the character of Wolverine dies).

Updated On: 2/24/23 at 08:28 PM

Videos