News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Tony Performances 2007

TapTapTapioca
#175Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 2:28pm

Poppins is performing 'ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN'

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#176Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 4:06pm

i think spring awakening almost has to do a medley given the song lyrics and the fact it is up for so many awards, they want to show off the score/choreography/nominees/lighting/direction etc. all in their performance.
a medley was probably their best bet.
and frankly, i cannot wait! =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Rentaholic2
#177Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 4:57pm

"SA has been planned.
Pretty easy to figure out.

Mama Reprise, guys bring chairs in. Straight to Bitch of Living, then a bit of Totally Fcked."

I hope this is correct - that's exactly what I was wishing they'd do. (They could easily do the Blah Blah part of TF and not cuss at all)

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#178Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 5:01pm

I wanted Spring Awakening to do Touch Me. It could have represented the show very well. Like they could have done a little bit of the scene(like on The View) before that song with Gallagher and Groff. That scene represents the lighting,directing very well and, is a fabulous song from the show.

Updated On: 5/31/07 at 05:01 PM

gymdudeva
#179Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 5:05pm

I don't think they'll be able to properly show off the lighting at the Tonys.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#180Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/3/07 at 4:13pm

my college class did a dance workshop with Michelle Lookadoo who was in Mary Poppins and i asked her if she knew what MP was doing at the tonys. She said "Ive heard 3 things. 1-Supercal. 2.'ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN', and 3. they are flying her over the audience at the beginning kinda like chenoweth did with the bubble during wickeds year."

TapTapTapioca
#181Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/3/07 at 4:25pm

Is number three for sure?

I know they are doing Anything Can Happen.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#182Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/3/07 at 4:39pm

she just said thats what she heard. she left the show to start doing post production on the little mermaid.

Yankeefan007
#183Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/3/07 at 4:53pm

Last I heard from my sources, they're doing Step in Time and Anything Can Happen.

broadwayfan3
#184Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/3/07 at 7:38pm

My MP friend said that she was sure Supercali... and/or anything can happen.......but i don't know 'cause she left...

But I like #3. that would be great

Also the thing is about Anything can happen is that they don't need to feature Ashley and that song is basicly her, no Gavin.....and he's the one nominated so i dunno

"Bitch I don't know your life"-Andre Ward, Xanadu

musicaldude57 Profile Photo
musicaldude57
#185Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/7/07 at 5:07pm

Although I'm definitely looking forward to the Spring Awakening performance ( :) ) I'm not sure if I want them to do a medley or not...after seeing that awful Sweeney Todd medley last year I'm a little skeptical about the medley's now. Which reminds me, I hope Company doesn't do a medley. You never know, since both Sweeney and Company were John Doyle productions. I can very easily see them doing one though.

"And I feel it move me Like a fire deep inside Something bursting me wide open Impossible to hide And suddenly I'm flying Flying like a bird Like electricity Electricity" - Electricity from Billy Elliot The Musical

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#186Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/7/07 at 5:12pm

Raul will be doing Being Alive, alone.

I agree about the medley thing, but I have faith.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#187Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/7/07 at 6:44pm

well about the medleys..
remember the jersey boys did a very successful medley [would you call it that? more like 2 songs] so a mix can be done and done well.. but also remember that sweeney didn't win either, and maybe the medley was a clue as to why.. [runs and hides]

i'm nervous for the SA performance because it is the first time that 99% of these kids will be doing a performance of this scale.. and degree. so, i'm just hoping they don't choke (remember letterman.. :/ ), even though i have complete confidence they will be fantastic.. there is always that chance. they're in my thoughts and i'm mentally wishing them all the best of luck, especially the jo(h)ns.

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Laurhearts SA Profile Photo
Laurhearts SA
#188Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:37am

I heard that Spring Awakening can't swear on the Tony's... so that cuts out the obvious songs.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#189Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:39am

Is "Anything Can Happen" the number in which Brown flys out over the audience?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MsNina
#190Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:46am

no, it's the one with the company under a giant umbrella. she flies after.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#191Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 6/8/07 at 3:33am

I hardly think the performance a cast does on Tony night itself has any effect on voting. :P

Videos