News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Tony Performances 2007

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#150Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 3:36pm

Wait, they can't say "breast" but they can say "bitch"?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#151Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 3:37pm

"Breast" is a sexual term, whereas "bitch" is an insulting term. And as we all know from film and TV, it's fine to have violence and the like on display for all to see, as long as making love is treated as something filthy and hidden away from the world. ^_^

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#152Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 3:45pm

Thanks, Weez. I think that's about it.....

carnimiriel Profile Photo
carnimiriel
#153Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 4:20pm

Weez, that is so true and so unfortunate.

But it'll be interesting to see how the medley comes out. Hopefully it won't be as choppy as Sweeney's medley last year.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#154Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 5:50pm

I feel like this year's performances are going to be disappointing because it's going to be the same things over and over again. I was hoping GG would do something other than "Revolutionary...", something like "Another Winter..." and I'd like to see ACL do the opening and not "One" for the 10397th time.

Plus, I'm with all the other people who said MP should do "Step in Time". It's something different and really showcases Gavin Lee.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#155Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 5:54pm

I love 'Step In Time'. I hated it in the movie, those chimney sweeps scared the bejesus out of me. But I absolutely adore what they did with it for the stage production. And as Ashley Brown wasn't nominated, it would be nice to give Gavin the spotlight. 'Step In Time' pls! ^_^

BroadwayAbridged Profile Photo
BroadwayAbridged
#156Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/23/07 at 6:24pm

I'd be surprised if they *don't* do step in time. It's a thrilling full-cast number, the ceiling-dancing is always impressive (will it come off as so on TV I wonder?), and everybody knows the song. And it's not supercali... so it's a notch down on the "annoying" factor.

Step in time sells the show more than any other number in MP.

- Gil http://www.broadwayabridged.com

broadwayfan3
#157Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:31pm

Just to tell you all (past few posters)
Mary Poppins IS doing Supercali.......
I am willing to bet money....and I'm just saying that 'cause my friend's in it and going to the Tonys......so....yea

but Step in Time would be good considering they don't have to show off Ashley Brown, if they did they would probably do practicly perfect into supercali....

but no need to wory about that 'cause she's not nominated so yea........

"Bitch I don't know your life"-Andre Ward, Xanadu

sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
#158Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/25/07 at 11:48pm

Does anyone know if Kiki and Herb are doing anything?

"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba

Q_Angle2 Profile Photo
Q_Angle2
#159Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/27/07 at 7:47am

Why don't they make Lea Salonga host the Tony? I saw her concert in Chicago and she can be very entertaining and funny.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#160Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:16am

So can Stokes!

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#161Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:41am

I'd want to see a medley of Bitch of a Living and Totally F*CKed just because it'd be funny to listen to a lot of bleeps.

I once listened to a preview of a Totally F*CKed ringtone. They took out all the profanities so I was just listening to silence half the time.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 5/27/07 at 08:41 AM

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#162Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 2:33pm

I asked like 5 people from the cast of SA 2 days ago about what are they going to perform from the tonys... its a suprise -_-

jg4892
#163Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 2:36pm

But don't they usually release a list of performances before the tony's?

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#164Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 6:13pm

let's recap..

who is doing what absolutely?

grey gardens: revolutionary costume..
mary poppins: supercali..
spring awakening: under wraps? medley?
curtains: ??

anyone know for sure/correct me if i'm wrong..

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#165Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 9:29pm

I saw the SA cast last night and they said it was a medley a-la Sweeney Todd.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#166Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 9:31pm

honestly i am getting tired of supercali...
i really think mary poppins should do a step in time...??

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#167Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 11:40pm

SA has been planned.
Pretty easy to figure out.

Mama Reprise, guys bring chairs in. Straight to Bitch of Living, then a bit of Totally Fcked.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#168Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 11:47pm

I would hope Curtains does "Show People" it is the entire company. Features Monk and Peirce

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#169Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/28/07 at 11:50pm

My CURTAINS connection won't spill the goods, but I am guessing it would be Show People, the only number that shows off all the principals. As much as I love Thataway!, Monk and Pierce are not in it, so it makes no sense to perform it. Critics is a great number, but there's no way they'd do one that Pierce is not in.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

jg4892
#170Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:10am

DRS- I HIGHLY doubt they'll do Totally F*CKed, unless it's the blah blah blah chorus or they substitute **** with screw. I'd be shocked if they didn't include some part of Touch Me.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#171Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 9:14am

my junk is a good song too, but considering that it features none of the nominees.

i am just wishing whatever SA does blows everyone away.. so people come to see the show!

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

auggie Profile Photo
auggie
#172Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 10:14am

"i am just wishing whatever SA does blows everyone away.. so people come to see the show!"

Hmmmmmmmm, I don't think that would sell nearly the amount of tix then a best new musical tag next to the show name. Does this show have the capability to pull in a larger audiance including those HS drama club trips from a place like Middletown USA? I mean it would be perfect for those kids to see this show but mom and pop may not be too happy with the staff if they hear this show includes songs about playing with yourself and incest.

camach1
#173Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 12:03pm

Mary Poppins is doing Step in Time and Anything Can Happen according to playbill.com.Can't wait!!!This was my first New York Broadway show and loved it.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#174Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 5/31/07 at 12:46pm

Show People is also sort of perfect for the Tonys, given its theme. It seems like the obvious choice.

Not a fan of medleys. I hope Mary Poppins does Step in Time. It was the only number in the show that I actually found fulfilling.

I think you can probably add Being Alive to the list of definites.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos