pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 83

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Myshmoopsiepoo
#2050Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/2/18 at 10:48pm

AmeliaBedelia said: "Hi, everyone! I'm trying to decide between 3 different seat locations. Has anybody sat in or near any of these seats and if so do you have any pros and cons for each?

Balcony Row D, Seat 24 (all the way to the side): I've read that this seat has a railing obstructing the view, especially for shorter audience members.How bad is this obstruction? I'm 5'3" so I'massuming the railing will really obstruct my view.

Orchestra Y, Seat 37 (also all the way off to the side): This one seemed great until I saw on A View From My Seat that there appears to be a large support column in row X of the orchestra.around seat 3. Does anyone know if this would block my view? I think maybe being just one row behind and all the way on the other side of the row, it might just be in my peripheral vision but I really am worried I'll be looking at a column the whole time. Are there any other disadvantages to sitting in this area?

Balcony H, seat 17 (4th seat in from the side): The photos I've seen from this area look much better than I thought they would since this is about as far away from the stage as anyone can sit. Right now, this is still my last choice though. Only keeping it in mind in case the other two seats really are truly awful.

Any opinions on which of these seats would be best?
"

I've sat on the side balcony row E, same height as you, I did find the railing a bit distracting and did obstruct view a bit.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2051Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/2/18 at 11:04pm

AmeliaBedelia said: "Hi, everyone! I'm trying to decide between 3 different seat locations. Has anybody sat in or near any of these seats and if so do you have any pros and cons for each?

Balcony Row D, Seat 24 (all the way to the side): I've read that this seat has a railing obstructing the view, especially for shorter audience members.How bad is this obstruction? I'm 5'3" so I'massuming the railing will really obstruct my view.

Orchestra Y, Seat 37 (also all the way off to the side): This one seemed great until I saw on A View From My Seat that there appears to be a large support column in row X of the orchestra.around seat 3. Does anyone know if this would block my view? I think maybe being just one row behind and all the way on the other side of the row, it might just be in my peripheral vision but I really am worried I'll be looking at a column the whole time. Are there any other disadvantages to sitting in this area?

Balcony H, seat 17 (4th seat in from the side): The photos I've seen from this area look much better than I thought they would since this is about as far away from the stage as anyone can sit. Right now, this is still my last choice though. Only keeping it in mind in case the other two seats really are truly awful.

Any opinions on which of these seats would be best?
"

I'd say Y 37. The support poles in the rear orchestra will not obstruct your view at all. Of the 3, it definitely has the closest view of the stage. Other pros are that it's an aisle seat, and the rows in the rear orchestra are tiered, which is good for a shorter person. The main con is that the dress circle overhang will obstruct some of the large-scale effects, but I don't think it will affect your enjoyment of the show. Honestly, though, between the 2 balcony seats, I would choose row H over row D, simply because of the railing. You'll have to use a booster in row D, and, even with it, there's no guarantee that you won't have problems anyway, because I've heard that the people in row C tend to lean forward. In row H, the railing isn't an issue, and, if need be, you can sit forward in your seat as far as you want without bothering anyone behind you, since it's the last row. I sat in row H center, and I loved it. The main pro for the balcony seats is that you'd have a spectacular view of the effects that are obstructed in orchestra row Y. 

Updated On: 7/2/18 at 11:04 PM

Notreallysilent 2
#2052Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/2/18 at 11:27pm

I’d also go with row y. I sat in row x and could say the overhang did not cover anything that happened on stage. You could still see everything even most of the top of the stage. I can’t speak for the pole though. Row h of the balcony was a great seat as well, and provides a great Arial look at everything, but is a bit far away. Row y in the orchestra will be closer, so I’d definitely go with that.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2053Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/3/18 at 8:39pm

Some awesome front orchestra seats available on Ticketmaster for next Wednesday, 7/11. Orchestra A 3, J 23, & J 24, $130 per part.

LxGstv
#2054Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/3/18 at 8:44pm

Are they no longer selling the $20-$40 tickets during the summer? When did that happen?

Lauren2
#2055Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/3/18 at 8:45pm

Where did you see that because I didn't and I looked right after you posted it. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2056Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/5/18 at 8:23am

Orchestra K 20 is available on Ticketmaster for Wednesday 7/11, $130 per part.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2057Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/5/18 at 11:56am

That's an excellent price for orchestra Row K! The view should be great from there. I sat in M20, and it was awesome.

Updated On: 7/5/18 at 11:56 AM

Steph N
#2058Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/6/18 at 1:28pm

Sat, Jul 21, 2018, ORCHR, Row Y, Seat 16

$130 each available on Ticketmaster 

Updated On: 7/6/18 at 01:28 PM

Notreallysilent 2
#2059Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/6/18 at 7:58pm

Does anyone have any insight into the view of row zz in the orchestra? I’m getting a little worried that too much is cut off by the overhang

verdigris
#2060Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/6/18 at 10:09pm

Thanks for all your previous advice guys! Dress Circle, row M 115 popped up for $40 per part for January 23 before, so I jumped on it. Not sure how the view will be, but can’t complain too much for the price. I’m going to splurge on other shows, and maybe catch Cursed Child from a better seat in Melbourne as well when it arrives.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2061Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/6/18 at 10:22pm

verdigris said: "Thanks for all your previous advice guys! Dress Circle, row M 115 popped up for $40 per part for January 23 before, so I jumped on it. Not sure how the view will be, but can’t complain too much for the price. I’m going to splurge on other shows, and maybe catch Cursed Child from a better seat in Melbourne as well when it arrives."

The view is excellent! Great score! 

AmeliaBedelia
#2062Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/7/18 at 1:15pm

Thanks, everyone! Just returned a $40/part ticket in Balcony D 24 for August 9 and 10 if anyone wants it.

Edit: Just seeing that the cheapest price level for most dates in August is now Standard ($80-$165). What happened to Entry ticket level ($20-$40)? Not sure where these tickets I returned are going since the price level they are in has disappeared for those dates.

Updated On: 7/7/18 at 01:15 PM

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#2063Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/12/18 at 11:45am

The entirety of DRESS CIRCLE CENTER ROW D is available for 165/part for the 9th/10th Of August. Those are great seats so I would scoop them up if I had money!

Jvj24605
#2064Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/15/18 at 11:02am

Just curious if $20-$40 entry level tickets still being offered at all?

Was checking on a few dates in January and not a single date had the cheap tickets even listed as an unavailable option on the scroll down list.

Updated On: 7/15/18 at 11:02 AM

comets
#2065Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/15/18 at 12:13pm

Thanks, I picked up a ticket for the 9th/10th!

Myshmoopsiepoo
#2066Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/17/18 at 9:35am

I see Sunday, September 23 orchestra row Y for $115 per part. I see other dates with similar pricing and locations for the fall.
It seems like they got rid of the $20/$40 tickets option.

JennH
#2067Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/17/18 at 10:00am

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "I see Sunday, September 23 orchestra row Y for $115 per part. I see other dates with similar pricing and locations for the fall.
It seems like they got rid of the $20/$40 tickets option.
"

I was gonna say no they didn't, we all know they're olden back tickets at this point, but went to check and yep, literally no 20/40 option and nothing less than 80 per part...only thing cheaper is the lottery. Capitalism at it's finest yo :P

Updated On: 7/17/18 at 10:00 AM

Lauren2
#2068Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/18/18 at 1:02pm

Anyone seeing it today (July 18th)? Want to stage door tonight but I want to make sure Sam is in it since I didn’t get a picture with him last time. Can anyone tell me if all of them are in or if anyone is out? Thanks.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2069Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/18/18 at 10:42pm

Some great $130 per part seats are available on Ticketmaster right now:

Dress circle B 8 - Thursday 7/26 & Friday 7/27

Orchestra L 24 - Wednesday 8/1

Dress circle D 2-8 - Thursday 8/2 & Friday 8/3

Updated On: 7/18/18 at 10:42 PM

SFCowboy
#2070Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/19/18 at 12:13am

In case this is helpful to anyone, i thought I'd share my experience from two different seat locations. I saw this a few weeks ago from mezzanine C1. I had been going back and forth deciding between orchestra and mezzanine, and based on what I read in this thread I finally chose the mezzanine. The view was terrific, but I felt far away. I saw it again today from orchestra E1, and it was a revelation seeing the faces so clearly. Some of the larger effects were better appreciated from higher up, but it really didn't make that much of a difference to me. If you generally like being close to the stage, then you might want to follow your usual preference.

(I wanted to post pictures, but I can't figure out how!)

I also want to give a shout out to the ushers. Every one of them that I saw was so engaged with the audience, fielding questions, watching for problems, and all so cheerfully and politely. There was a man across the aisle from me who just could not stop looking at his phone, even after an usher told him to turn it off. When that usher came back a second time, I don't know what he said, but we never saw that phone again. I actually thanked a random usher for his work, but really I wished I could thank them all.

Mdwmd
#2071Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/19/18 at 7:48am

I have 4 front of the house premium tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child  parts one and two on Thursday July 26th and Friday July 27th. They are in the front section of the left orchestra in the seventh row which is row F. They are seats 1, 3, 5 and 7. Seat 1 is on the center aisle. I had to change my trip to go another date. I paid Ticketmaster $2511 for the four of them.  Email me an offer at mdwmd@bellsouth.net or reply or this post or PM me please! The box office at the Lyric theater and Ticketmaster say they are not refundable. I don’t want them to go unused or lose all of the 2500$. Make me an offer. The mobile tickets will be available for me to email them to you on July 23rd. Thanks. 

rwkpa26
#2072Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/19/18 at 9:56pm

Has anyone sat in the center balcony of row B? I’ve heard the balcony view is great, and the railings would be behind our row, just want to make sure we won’t have to overlook patrons leaning forward to see in row a. Thanks!

Srundle Profile Photo
Srundle
#2073Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/21/18 at 10:36am

Does anyone know the cancellation line policy or can point me to the right thread?

Actinggbugg474
#2074Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 7/23/18 at 12:59am

Just bought 2 tickets for next month.  DRESS C Row F, seats 107 and 108 for around 560.00.

Usually I meticulously research seats before I purchase, but I only had 7 minutes, so I just bought them.  How are the seats?  Hoping I got a decent deal and won't be too far away to appreciate the show!

Sorry if this has already been covered!

Videos