News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Rent!

rice and beans AND cheese
#200Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 1:25am

Hey Lael! Help me find a good Mark/R fanfic! (The search only looks for certain stories.)

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood
Updated On: 2/20/05 at 01:25 AM

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#201Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 1:50am

You might try going to this page of RENT links...

http://www.angelfire.com/in2/everythingisrent/links.html

I remember seeing one site devoted to RENT fiction, I bet you;d find some M/R fics there. If you find any that are particularly hilarious, please dont hesitate to share! :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#202Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 3:16am

Thanks! :)
P.S. I had to update it to Mark/R cuz' M/R can mean Mimi/Roger

#203Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 3:27am

The fiction link didn't work. Rent!
I'll keep looking though.

#204Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 1:12pm

Well, it's not funny, and it's not Mark & Roger.... but I like it for some odd reason.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1526326/1/

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#205Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 1:24pm

Hey, I've read that one! I liked it, too...I'll find you some good stuff, honey. Try searching just Mark Roger instead of Mark/Roger, that'll help.

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

LaeloftheLakes
#206Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 2:09pm

Okay, I adored this fic. Even though it's not precisely slash, it's still M/R.
Peanut Butter!

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Updated On: 2/20/05 at 02:09 PM

LaeloftheLakes
#207Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 2:28pm

And here's a very silly one!
Just your Typical RentFic

---
---
Updated On: 2/20/05 at 02:28 PM

LaeloftheLakes
#208Rent!
Posted: 2/20/05 at 2:32pm

And another silly one!
A day in RENTland...

---
---

#209Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 12:06pm

"SUPER ANGEL"!!!
P.S. Thanks Lael!!

#210Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 12:25pm

Oh, and I'm now going to call Mark "my little cabbage of beauty".
I just needed to post to say that.

#211Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 12:40pm

This one should be rated R for Language and sexual content, but through this one I was ROFL! Takes a few chapters to get to M/R.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2045499/1/

LaeloftheLakes
#212Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 1:15pm

Yeah...that's one of my favorites. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to read some of her other stuff, namely "Why Does Distance Make Us Wise?" Because it has a LOT of sex and drug use. She's one of my favorite authors, though.

---
---

#213Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 4:17pm

I won't.

Dreamcatcher
#214Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 5:03pm

Oh good lord! *chokes on triskit* Wow. thanks for the links though Lael. V. entertaining read. Though I think I might have been mentally scarred forever. :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

LaeloftheLakes
#215Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 5:05pm

Oh, you're quite welcome! Honestly, I think I've probably read every single M/R fic on ff.net.

---
---

Adamaddict Profile Photo
Adamaddict
#216Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 5:06pm

Wow.. fanfics have always totally ruined my plans for the day. I have to read them allll the way through.
I've never read any Rent ones. I looove seeing how cast members like Roger react to things, even if it's made up. It makes you think and stuff. I'm trying to finish reading the one in which Roger finds out that Mark knew everything. Soo interesting!

"If from the farthest sun I'll carry on * just for the moment I can feel * the beauty of the beating of your heart * every time it beats for me."
Updated On: 2/21/05 at 05:06 PM

Adamaddict Profile Photo
Adamaddict
#217Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 5:06pm

double post!

"If from the farthest sun I'll carry on * just for the moment I can feel * the beauty of the beating of your heart * every time it beats for me."
Updated On: 2/21/05 at 05:06 PM

LaeloftheLakes
#218Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 5:14pm

At fanfiction.net, under musicals/plays, there're plenty of Rentfic...or searching works well, too.

---
---

Dreamcatcher
#219Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 6:59pm

Yep thats what I'm reading off of right now. ^_^ Hilarious stuff. But also some really well written work.

LaeloftheLakes
#220Rent!
Posted: 2/21/05 at 7:29pm

out of curiosity, what are some of your favorites? I probably know the authors...it's a pretty close-knit community.

---
---

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#221Rent!
Posted: 2/22/05 at 4:30am

Okay, I'm sorry to interrupt your discussion, but I had to comment on this Rent movie tidbit, and I didn't want to bog down Anthony's thread anymore, mainly because it's not related to him.

After a trip to IMDB (it's my anti-drug), for something completely unrelated to Rent, I checked the page for it and noticed that Aaron Lohr is listed as being cast as Steve.

Now, I know that IMDB isn't exactly accurate all the time, and I'm sure he'd be great...but I had to laugh at the first mental image I got of Bash Brother Dean Portman in Rent. Nothing against his acting ability, but he will forever be a Mighty Duck to me.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

i love adam p Profile Photo
i love adam p
#222Rent!
Posted: 2/22/05 at 10:58am

a little off topic, but does anyone know where i can find clips of drew lachey in rent??

"honestly, the day i got Rent was one of my best memories. i remeber jumping down the street and laughing and smiling. really felt on top of the world. yeah, way beter than my divorce." -cary shields

#223Rent!
Posted: 2/22/05 at 2:07pm

Hum.....
siteforrent.com
It just might have them; it's that cast.
Other wise, not sure.

LaeloftheLakes
#224RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:12pm

A question for all of you lovely RENTheads...which song from RENT inspires you most? It doesn't have to be your favorite; for instance, my favorite song is a tie between What You Own and La Vie Boheme, but the song that inspires me most is One Song Glory.

---
---

Videos