News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Rent!

rice and beans AND cheese
#225RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 2:48pm

Lael, you took the words right out of my mouth. Well, I also like Take Me or Leave Me.... but other wise, couldn't have said it better.

"It's a long story, althought it's kinda-of a short one." ~~ Wolfwood

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#226RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 8:55pm

Lol oh don't even get me started on this, I'll be rambling for days. :-P *resists urge* Ok, tie for first.

One Song Glory
Seasons of Love

As for others
What You Own, Take Me or Leave Me, La Vie Boheme, Finale B (No Day But Today.) Yeah I know its alot but that whole damn musical inspires me. RENT!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#227RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:01pm

Believe me, I understand. I just wanted to get the ball rolling...I was listening to Glory today...just...wow...

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#228RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:04pm

Lael - whose Glory? :)

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

LaeloftheLakes
#229RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:06pm

Adam...*sigh*

Although I was listening to Matt Caplan earlier. SHH!

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---

Dreamcatcher
#230RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:11pm

ADAM!!!! lol. Oh man he sings Glory soooo beautifully....I played the whole 2nd disc of the cast recording today. To get me in the mood for working on the paintings. Am proud to say that they are done. Well one of them has to have text added after it dries but they are both nearly finished! woohoo!!!

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

LaeloftheLakes
#231RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:13pm

YAY! I can't wait to see!

---
---

Dreamcatcher
#232RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 9:17pm

Lol, as soon as I figure out how to work my digital camera I'll send you a pic. I'd love someone else's opinion. I showed them to my teacher and she just frowned and said "It just looks like you took pics from a play you like and slapped them on. Wheres the creativity?" God she is a bitch and I'm not just saying that. I tried to explain that it was all my favorite parts of the show brought together onto one canvas to portray everything I love about RENT but by then she'd already walked off. :-/

#233RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 10:15pm

I can't wait!!! Thank you!! Now to watch the only video of rent I have, with the german cast. I so long to see the movie with our beloved Adam *sigh* and Anthony *hug* (as if he were there, but sadly, he's not RENT! )

Dreamcatcher
#234RENT!
Posted: 2/24/05 at 11:35pm

hahaha yeah seriously. *goes back to corner to wait for movie.* Although the R rating will indeed be a challenge. Still a couple years shy of 18 and no way in hell would my parents go for sitting through RENT (A. most conservative people you've ever met, B. they dont really even like the movie theatres) so I'll just have to plot ways to sneak in....*cough* wait none of you heard that. :-P

#235RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:48am

Well, it's coming out at the end of the year right? So, Lael always comes to my small town for Christmas break, I can see it with her 20 times. I am so glad I have a plan. Sorry to brag. If that doesn't work, my dad said that he will go with me. Hopefuly he hasn't changed his mind after I made him listen to the cast recording over and over again...... :-/

tbossbone
#236RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:01am

I've loved RENT for some time now and I've always wondered...

Why does it seem that there are so many recordings of every broadway show and only ONE of RENT?

Is there a reason behind this because I'd love to hear some other people singing these songs.... I love the OBC, but I'd love to hear something new...

LaeloftheLakes
#237RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 8:40am

Well, RENT is a fairly new show, you know. Many shows, like Gypsy, say, have been revived four or five times---each with a different recording. Traditionally, there isn't a new recording made of a show if nothing has changed (Unless you're Brooke Shields...*cough*). There are recordings made in different languages, though--I've heard clips from German, Italian, Dutch, Icelandic, etcetera.

RABAC---I don't care if I have to pretend I'm your mother, we are SEEING that movie together!!

---
---

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#238RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:48am

I like loading my playlist with Glory - Norbert and then Cary and then back to Norbert :)

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

LaeloftheLakes
#239RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:52am

Actually, Norbert's Glory didn't impress me nearly as much as Adam's still does, even after the thousanth listen. Although it's really fun to listen to him sing WYO with Anthony, and then WYO with Adam.

---
---

#240RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:17pm

YAY!! Thank you Lael. Isn't it scary that people think Eleanor is my mother? I can understand sisters, but mother? Sorry, that has nothing to do with rent, but it's my thread.

LaeloftheLakes
#241RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:19pm

Hey, at least she can get you in to see the movie. And yes, it's scary. She's only nine years older than you, after all! But hey, once someone thought I was Darcy's mother. WEIRD!

Sorry, everyone!

Um...on topic...uh...so! Favorite character is overdone. Who is your THIRD favorite character???

---
---

#242RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 5:42pm

8 years older than me. Angel is my third favorite character. It goes 1. Mark 2. Roger 3. Angel.

LaeloftheLakes
#243RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 7:08pm

Ha. My answer is the exact same. But to keep it interesting, I'll make a ranking:

1. Mark
2. Roger
3. Angel
4. Maureen
5. Collins
6. Joanne
7. Mimi
8. Benny

Yeah...I don't like Mimi very much. I like to pretend otherwise, but...well, it DOES depend on recordings.

---
---

#244RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:26pm

I'm not so fond of Mimi eather. She took Roger away from Marky!!!

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#245RENT!
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:34pm

8-0

I LOVE Mimi! I can't even give a reasonable explation as to why (I mean, there are lots of LOGICAL reasons not to like her- I've never found heroin addicts and strippers very attractive myself- but I love her anyway and I can't explain it).

Here are MY favorite characters in what is the order at the moment (honestly, I love them all when played by actors who portray them in a likeable way- my favorites actually vary from performance to performance, but I'll do it in order assuming that each character is played in the way I see them ideally).

1. Mark
2. Mimi
3. Angel
4. Collins
5. Maureen
6. Roger
7. Joanne
8. Benny

Okay, honestly, all of the above, I love fairly equally. I really do. I'm looking at this list, and trying to rearrange it, and going, "No, I like him better! Oh, but I love him so MUCH! Oh.... But, but, but... I LOVE THEM ALL!" So, here's my new list:

1. Mark/Mimi
2. Angel/Collins/Maureen
3. Roger/Joanne/Benny

LOL. How can I choose?

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

LaeloftheLakes
#246RENT!
Posted: 2/26/05 at 12:11am

Aww, poor Rog. YOU DON'T LOVE HIM!!!

---
---

Dreamcatcher
#247RENT!
Posted: 2/26/05 at 12:30am

hahaha yeah, Marky and Roger...too many fanfics Rice..:-P No I'm kidding, I'm addicted to them now too. I love all the characters basically. What can I say, my mouth just sort of clams up if I even try to say anything bad about the show. Yes I'm obsessed but we already knew that.

No one will go see the RENT movie with me. RENT! I'll be all alone and on my own. I'll be happy to see it either way though. Thank goodness I'll be able to drive by then so I can just drive myself to and from the theatre 100 times. RENT!

How can anyone not love ROGER???? *cries*

#248RENT!
Posted: 2/26/05 at 1:53am

Where do you live? I could go see it with you! I wish. Roger is loveable!!! Most of the time anyway. (It has to be Adam though. *sigh*)

Dreamcatcher
#249RENT!
Posted: 2/26/05 at 4:56pm

I live near Los Angeles. Yay, I'd love to have a RENT-a-holic to share the movie experience with! If I took one of my other friends and I started to bawl during I'll Cover You: Reprise they'd look at me like I was as nutty as super chunky peanut butter. And yes, Roger is so loveable. RENT!

Videos