Retire it, QUEEN!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#200A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 2:43pm

WOT is the only mature poster on bww, I fear.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#201A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 2:48pm

The official opening in Thursday, April 5th...and thank you both for such wonderful comments.

SorryGrateful
#202A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 3:01pm

singingbackup--

You're absolutely right. I went into The Pirate Queen truly excited for what I was about to see. I love Irish music and I love Riverdance and I had heard such wonderful things about Stephanie Block (which turned out to be true because she is truly talented). I would never spend money on something that I wanted specifically to hate! I don't have enough money for that luxury. My friend and I were extremely disappointed to see a show that seemed to have no definite point and meandered all over. We desperately wanted to enjoy ourselves, but we were not entertained in the least.

Now, the show is probably different than what it was here in Chicago. But I feel that the problems were too extensive to fix in the small amount of time they've had. And since I'm reading so many of the same complaints from other posters that I had back in October, I'm getting the feeling the show will not succeed because it is not properly put together.

I would love for this show to succeed and for all those wonderful performers and crew members to have jobs working on a blockbuster. But the show as it is does not DESERVE to be a hit, in my opinion.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#203A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 3:11pm

SG, you have nothing to defend here...your opinions about the show were valid from the beginning.

Exposing the shill was a different piece of business.

Of course people will like shows that you can't stand and feel have no merit....noone has disputed that from the start of this thread...it's just the same old shilly tactic.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

SorryGrateful
#204A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 3:16pm

Thanks, doodle. I just wanted to make sure other posters knew that I was coming from a place of disappointment, not malice.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

RentBoy86
#205A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 3:36pm

It's hard for me to value someone's opinion who likes the show and then also says they're the biggest Stephanie J. Block fan. Obviously you're going to like the show.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#206A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 6:05pm

Yeah in effin' Les Mis half the time they end up using Cockney accents...you know all those cockney accents you hear when you go to Paris....so moot point!

I'm seeing the show tonight! when I return I will update you all with my thoughts!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#207A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 6:09pm

Yeah in effin' Les Mis half the time they end up using Cockney accents...

What? Maybe because Jenny Galloway is actually from the UK...

No Thénardier or Mme. T I've ever seen has ever used one. I've probably seen 8 or 9.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 3/8/07 at 06:09 PM

fachedaluna Profile Photo
fachedaluna
#208A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 6:45pm

MenzelManiac

Sorry that you were disappointed with PQ.

However, thanks for the way you wrote your review. It was sincere and not done with any snippy/snide remarks. I appreciate your candidness and decorum.

BSoBW2
#209A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 6:47pm

Stephanie J. Block fans are VICIOUS.

fachedaluna Profile Photo
fachedaluna
#210A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:14pm

BsoBW2

Why do you say that SJB fans are VICIOUS?

If defending our point against those who use ferocious comments and venomous message topics such as "Retire it - QUEEN" what would you have us do? Should we not dish out what we receive from the bashing of our statements?

I am all for turning the other cheek...however, when the other cheek is torn off and savagely thrown away, we must stand for our right to be allowed to speak without being
ostracized

Updated On: 3/8/07 at 07:14 PM

LizzieCurry
#211A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:23pm

I hate it when people tear up my cheeks.

Kringas
#212A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:31pm

I bet it makes for difficult chewing, matey.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

LizzieCurry
#213A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:32pm

Sitting, too.

Kringas
#214A real player
Posted: 3/8/07 at 7:37pm

Does the Hilton have seats to accommodate the torn cheeked?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#215A real player
Posted: 4/8/07 at 10:11pm

I hate to say I told ya so, but, well...

Apologies can be addressed to:

Wanna Be A Foster
26 Avenue Q
New York, NY

Please include a $1.50 restoration fee along with your letter.

For autographs please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 4/8/07 at 10:11 PM

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#216A real player
Posted: 4/8/07 at 10:15pm

why for

we can just see you on your web cam for free

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#217A real player
Posted: 4/8/07 at 10:18pm

Lmao I wanna see him on his webcam.

Is he cute?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

theaterbiz
#218A real player
Posted: 4/8/07 at 10:57pm

well - we will watch the barage of pirate tv queen tv spots now as the producers steal more of the investor's money on this sinking ship.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#219A real player
Posted: 4/9/07 at 12:36am

about the accents guys.. there are a million and a half shows that take place in foreign lands yet no accents are used..
the sound of music, les mis, aida, beauty & the beast, mamma mia!, spring awakening, chess, phantom, sunday in the park.., victor/victoria and a bunch more than i can't think of or don't feel like listing.

however, when accents are used, it really adds to the experience, in cases like south pacific, brigadoon, miss saigon, the light in the piazza, and the secret garden.

it just depends on the show. i hardly think that accents are a reason to dislike a show. it can add to it, but no one dislikes a show just because of their lack of accents.

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#220A real player
Posted: 4/9/07 at 8:46am

Guys, the producers of Pirate Queen ARE the investors.

Moya Doherty and John McColgan made lots of money touring Riverdance around the world, and they seem to have been willing to spend lots of it to get this project going.

It's too soon to tell what impact the negative reviews are going to have on Pirate Queen's future, but these Producers just might make lots of money touring this show around the world as well. Pirate Queen has been designed from the ground up to easily and inexpensively tour big arenas. Threre's already a "reduced" band, there's hardly any sets, they can probably fit the whole thing in one small truck and a mini van.

Yes there are lots of actors, but actors aren't expensive.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#221A real player
Posted: 4/9/07 at 8:49am

"well - we will watch the barage of pirate tv queen tv spots now as the producers steal more of the investor's money on this sinking ship."

I'm missing how that is "stealing"...

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Videos