pixeltracker

What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?- Page 5

What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#100re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 10:30pm

Broadway because Sara Ramirez was in the cast. That's the biggest reason I bought it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

ashley0139
#101re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 10:34pm

Ah, I got the Broadway one as well but would have preferred the Off-Broadway one because Julia Murney was in it instead of Sara. Oh well.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

claudioislove Profile Photo
claudioislove
#102re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 10:37pm

Equality Now Pin from Broadway Impact
A signed ripped Berger shirt (it also says GIVE IT TO CLAUDE)
Picture with Jonathan Groff (nicest man ever)
and a FREE picture with Kobes (:

My best friend got an original HAIR playbill, and then we found another, only to have someone else take it. ):

Because I look different you think I'm subversive.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#103re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 10:42pm

Here's a photo of the cast board:

re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?

I'd say that you can't just buy that anywhere.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates
Updated On: 9/27/09 at 10:42 PM

sgv123
#104re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 10:53pm

Programs:

Wicked x2-.50
Wedding Singer tour-.25
13-.25
Avenue Q-$1
Rock of Ages (off Broadway)-.25
Spelling Bee-.25

Playbills:

Hair-.25
Mame OBC- $1
Rent final performance-$1
13(signed)-$10
Lion King OBC-.25

Other stuff:

Little Mermaid shirt-$1
Lock of Ariel wig (signed)-$1
Little mermaid windowcard-$1
Little Mermaid cast board sliders( flounders)-$2

Rock of Ages Calender (signed)-$40
Billy Elliot ballet girl ballet shows- $5
Billy Elliot Tommy Batchelor ballet shows (signed)-$50
Billy Elliot Royal Ballet letter-$5
Lauren Molina drawing(signed)-$5
Next to Normal Meghann Fahey jacket- $25
Ripped shirt from Hair(signed by Will Swenson & insribed)-$30
Laura Osnes cookies from South Pacific-$1---- Those kids are adorable!
Autograph table-$50
Equality Now pin-$1
I love Duloc pin signed by Christopher-$2

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#105re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 10:59pm

Postponing such an event in NYC is just about impossible, the rentals of tables, chairs, etc. the changing of schedules of those involved, including many theatrical people who have shows, out of town stuff, etc, you get the drift, So BCEFA made a call. and finding out ROSELAND was free made the only decision they could, it was an all night shift, Roseland has few lights of their own, so some were brought in, but again the set up and load in, takes a village. I saw some people being shoved around and a saw a lot of Broadway fans picking around stuff and having a gay ole time.
It was unfortunate that due to space the basement HAD to be used and the workers were just as hot and tired, so a lot of bargains were to be had.
Sorry if Mother Nature had a slight cry, maybe she was remembering those who didn't have BCEFA when they needed it and had to watch the Festival from above.
Let's hope the Sun smiles next year and we can enjoy the Flea Market in it's HOME, Shubert Alley.
Thanks to all who fought the crowds, had fun and contributed to a great cause.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#106re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:02pm

Yankeefan007: ok, I tried to PM you but it didn't work. how much do you want for the Tale of Two Cities script?

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#107re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:09pm

I guess I missed bargains in the basement re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

broadwaycat3113 Profile Photo
broadwaycat3113
#108re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:14pm

DivaBrigader, i was the last person on the "guaranteed" line for john stamos. i'm pretty sure no one else got in because he walked out right behind us.

"Put Your Faith In What You Most Believe In...."

Coraline Profile Photo
Coraline
#109re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:21pm

Souvenir Programs:
Sweeney Todd
Little Mermaid
Wicked
Boeing Boeing
Spelling Bee

Urinetown hat
Little Mermaid Shirt
5 High School Musical keychains
Bag of "Broadway Princess" Little Mermaid buttons
Avenue Q cut song CD

Posters:
Doubt
BCEFA Flea Market
Little Mermaid
Fuerzabruta

All for $10 :)

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#110re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:35pm

Gypsy script with Arthur Laurents notes-$20

Posters:
Cyrano-free
Little Mermaid-free
Young Frankenstein-$1
Patti LuPone at Les Mouches-free

4 signed playbills for $20.
Plus a bunch of other playbills I grabbed that were free.

Souvenir Programs:
13-free
Boeing Boeing-$1
Sweeney Todd revivel-$2
Little Mermaid-$5 with free poster
Shrek, White Christmas and Guys and Dolls-$11
Rock of Ages off broadway-$1

Signed pics of Sierra Boggess and Sherie Rene for $1 each.

Cd's
Christine Ebersole with Billy Stritch and Patti LuPone at Ler Mouches- $15 together.
Wicked-$1

4 Copies of "How Does the Show Go On?" for $1.

T-Shrits
Glory Days-$1
Wicked-$1
Little Mermaid-$1
Boeing Boeing-$1

Plus a bunch of other free stuff such as magnets ,key chains vinyls, hats and 2 signed posters from some random shows at Steppenwolf.

They were selling a goodie bag from Sister Act for $50 and I thought it was too much but now I regret not buying it. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with what I got.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#111re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:37pm

DivaBrigader: At which booth were they selling the Patti-look-alike costume?
It's uncanny.
Looks like you had fun.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#112re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:37pm

I bought around 20 Sondheim LPs (shows, revues and concerts) which I am going to frame and hang on the walls of my apartment.

I also bought a good number of CDs and cassettes as well as hats and 2 clocks.

At the end of the day I picked up a few items for free, including a Deuce Opening Night seat cushion.

I spent a little over $100 today, but every item I purchased is something I am going to use (unlike previous years).

Just so everyone knows, it was VERY crowded from the opening until about 12:30, but it did calm down. While it is a much better experience in the Alley it was still fun (as long as you were willing to go with the crowd every now and then).

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#113re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:41pm

I really think that I should stop reading of what everyone bought because I am super jealous.

mattyp4
#114re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:42pm

I picked up:

DVDs:
Broadway Bares 16 DVD ($10)
Broadway Bares 18 DVD ($25)
Broadway Bares 19 DVD ($25)

Window Cards:
Little Shop Of Horrors revival (signed): $15
Broadway Bares 19: $5
Next To Normal: $5
Spamalot: $5
Gypsy (Patti): $1
Gypsy (Bernadette): $.50
La Cage revival: $.50

Misc:
Will Ferrell 'You're Welcome America' magnet: $1
Martin Short 'Fame Becomes Me' magnet: $1
9 to 5 post-it notes: $1
Avenue Q "Tear It Up" CD: free, if I bought 2 pins for $1!

Total spent: $96

Wow!! I didn't realize how much I spent until I typed it all out! I guess it's a good thing though. I only went one other year & all I bought was a pair of vampire teeth from Dance of the Vampires for $1. So I made a marked improvement in my charitable expenses.

I went with the intention of finding a few cheap window cards. I was on the lookout for Little Shop & Xanadu... no Xanadu, but I was pleased to find Little Shop signed... and for under $20! Though right after I bought it, a girl walked up to the booth, inquired about another signed poster priced for $15 (Tarzan), offered $3 & got it!! Oh well. I'm not one to haggle... even though it was at the end of the day. It's for charity right?

Yes, kchenofan, it did get cooler at the end of the day. Though that probably had more to do with less people being there. I was there early on & once before they closed down. It was MUCH better (read: cooler/comfortable) towards the end. I was actually able to feel air flow!

And I too was curious about the pie throwing area, SweetQintheLights! I ran out of cash though. Each time I walked by I didn't see anything happening though. What gives?! It would have been fun to at least watch! Did they get any business?! If not, send them over to my apartment!

You got a nice haul, saveusmike. I love the Bea & Liza items! Maybe I should have actually bid on the silent auctions! I was there while the Liza one was happening. (Though I have my Liza CD signed from her Barnes & Noble appearance.)

Coraline Profile Photo
Coraline
#115re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:42pm

And regarding them turning people away or not letting people in, I was at the front at about 1pm and saw that there was a line of people outside waiting to get in - I guess that they reached capacity, which I totally believed based on how crowded it was.

pli1018
#116re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:43pm

I obviously failed at this Flea Market, everyone seems to have gotten the Boeing-Boeing program that I couldn't find.

Coraline Profile Photo
Coraline
#117re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:44pm

And regarding them turning people away or not letting people in, I was at the front at about 1pm and saw that there was a line of people outside waiting to get in - I guess that they reached capacity, which I totally believed based on how crowded it was.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#118re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:46pm

I forgot about my free stuff.

At the Avenue Q table, I bought their 2008 AIDS Walk shirt for $5, and I got 2 buttons and a cd sampler for free. And with my Spamalot Cast Board, I got the Fantasticks and Hairspray sampler cds. I also bought 2 brownies from one of the tables.

I think one thing they should have done was have signs around pointing to where the stairs were to go upstairs. I had to ask the people in charge of signing in volunteers because it was too crowded to figure out, and I thought they said it was by them. But, apparently not.

Trekkie2
#119re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:46pm

Doubt Window Card- $10
Giant Passing Strange Playbill Cover (Unsigned)- $15
Doubt Script signed by Cherry Jones- $20
West Side Story Playbill signed by Revival cast- $5
Young Frankenstein Window Card- $2
Equality Now pin- $1
Hair OBC LP- $5

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

Coraline Profile Photo
Coraline
#120re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:47pm

Trekkie - where was the Doubt script? Good find!

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#121re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:50pm

Yes, that "Doubt" script was a great find...wow! And I hope that crack about me looking like Patti LuPone (if that was what the post was about) is a good thing as I love Miss Patti. Stop taking pictures now?

Coraline Profile Photo
Coraline
#122re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:52pm

Haha - I saw the comment about the Patti costume before seeing the picture, so I FRANTICALLY looked for this picture so that I could see the costume I missed out on buying. I would have paid a lot for that...

Pianist3912
#123re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/27/09 at 11:54pm

What I got:

A TON of playbills, including Company (OBC), Evita (OBC), Sunday in the Park (OBC), Spelling Bee (Off-Broadway), Dreamgirls (Actor's Fund), Gypsy (Encores! LuPone), and Phantom (10th Anniversary Playbill)
Phantom's Note Prop
Hairspray Window Card
Sunday in the Park Revival Window Card
Hairspray Demo CD
Gypsy of the Year 2008 DVD
...And two Urinetown hats for free that I didn't even want, haha!

Total spent was around $40.
I'm content. re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#124re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
Posted: 9/28/09 at 12:01am

Diva, I think you look like Patti as well, but I honestly first thought of Edna Mode from The Incredibles (which is a compliment, since I think she's so fierce and adorable).

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad