Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?

Basely Tearful Profile Photo
Basely Tearful
#1Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 7:59pm

Was thing announced? I can't find any info on casting and the show is less than a month away (I realized the rehearsal period is short but usually the leads are announced by now). Anyone know?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:01pm

It's not announced yet & some of the cast is already rehearsing.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:06pm

^ Are you sure? Encores! concerts usually only get 2 weeks of rehearsals.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#3re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:08pm

I know they might bring an ensemble in a little early for a particularly dance heavy show (I think No, No Nanette had some of the cast in early for that reason), but I'm not sure if that'd be the case here.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

TheatreFan4
#4re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:10pm

My friend who is in it is still a senior in high school so they may be giving him a longer rehearsal period.
Updated On: 10/26/09 at 08:10 PM

Yankeefan007
#5re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:18pm

They're not planning on releasing the cast until the first performance.

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#6re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:41pm

do you have any news you would be kind enough to share regarding casting, yankeefan?

I'll take the wind and soar.

TheatreFan4
#7re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 8:45pm

I would take it that if he did know that he wouldn't be able to say due to liability.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#8re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 9:12pm

Yankee, I actually can't tell if you're being serious or not, possibly just because I find it so, so strange that they haven't announced anyone yet but find it even stranger that they wouldn't announce at all.

Is it conceivable that the cast has so few "names" that announcing it would be worse than announcing no one at all?

I mean--I'm going no matter what--the score is to die for. It just gives me the weirds.

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#9re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 9:19pm

In another thread about this, somebody said Becky Newton (from Ugly Betty) is in it and that she confirmed it in an interview.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#10re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 9:19pm

I thought they announced the cast for last season's On the Town relatively close to the show's run, and a quick google check brought up an article from exactly a year ago in Variety with a cast announcement. So I imagine the cast for Girl Crazy will be announced within the week. There was another thread that said Becki Newton and her husband were going to be in the show.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Yankeefan007
#11re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 9:21pm

Oh, I'm just being facetious.

Gothampc
#12re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/26/09 at 11:17pm

The leads are Harry Groener and Jodi Benson.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Basely Tearful Profile Photo
Basely Tearful
#13re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/27/09 at 7:23am

You had me for a second Gotham.

Yankee I thought they usually didn't start rehearsing until the second performance. They must be getting more ambitious!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#14re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/29/09 at 2:19am

Any casting rumors/ news yet?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

SingMeASong
#15re: Encores! Girl Crazy Casting?
Posted: 10/29/09 at 8:22pm

playbill.com announced it today!
Girl Crazy Casting

Videos