pixeltracker

Cast of NINE on Oprah right now- Page 3

Cast of NINE on Oprah right now

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#50re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 6:01pm

Found this. It is a free screening of nine on Dec 8th. I am going to the Philly one
nine

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 6:18pm

WOW! That is awesome. I just go two passes to the West Orange screening.

I've never done this before. How early should one get to a screening? Do they ever really fill up and turn people with passes away?

Any info is appreciated!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#52re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 6:45pm

And of course the NYC screening is out of passes re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now

How close is West Orange, NJ to the city?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

musicalmack Profile Photo
musicalmack
#53re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 6:47pm

How is Stacy Ferguson (Fergie)? I LOVE how she sounds on "Be Italian"

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#54re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 7:51pm

BE ITALIAN is absolutely one of the best numbers in the film. If you've seen the trailer you get the gist of whats going on - Fergie's part is pretty much (as in the stage show) relegated to just this number but she's terrific and its very exciting.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#55re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 8:39pm

Thanks for the comments, MichaelBennett!
Do you believe Daniel Day-Lewis will get nominated? I'd love to see him, Cotillard, Cruz, and another of the lovely ladies nominated. I keep reading on The Envelope that they are campaigning for Cotillard as lead which would really leave the chance for Cruz and Dench to get in there (when it comes to Tonys, Luisa, Carla, and LaFleur are the ones nominated).
How do you think Kate Hudson fared? She looks stunning. I imagine this is her best role since her great performance in ALMOST FAMOUS.
I would love for the show to get the nominations you mentioned, MB. I think it might get a Screenplay nod too if they like it. I'd love for it to score the Picture, Director, Screenplay, Lead Actor, Lead Actress nods.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Michael Bennett
#56re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 9:15pm

Daniel Day Lewis is terrific. There will be some who complain about his singing, which is underplayed - but he's charming and completely convincing and we all know his skills as an actor....

Guido is the glue that holds NINE together - its his story - but ironically, especially in the film, what you remember most are, natch the women, who, as his fantasies are given these amazing show piece musical numbers. So the role isn't as 'showy' as you might imagine. I think he could score a nomination, but I would say its probably an outside chance, as compared to some of the women. But that isn't to take anything away from Lewis's performance...

Kate Hudson is sweet, sexy, and fun. Her role, though, like Fergie's is small. Basically, her role is CINEMA ITALIANO.

They are indeed campaigning Cotillard as lead. Hers was probably my favorite performance in the film, but just a hunch I would say both she like Lewis is more of an 'outside' bet for a nomination.

I'd say Dench perhaps has the strongest shot simply because she is SO adored by the industry, followed by Cruz and then Cotillard then Lewis.

I don't think a screenplay nomination is likely. Rarely do musicals get nominated for screenplay.

Q
#57re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 9:36pm

"what you remember most are, natch the women"

I have ZERO objectivity with Mr. Day-Lewis, so this probably won't be my response re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now

I'm really looking forward to this. I missed the revival, but Raul still pulses in my memory (as does Anita, God bless her!)

Michael Bennett
#58re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/19/09 at 9:40pm

Somebody asked me this in a PM but probably is something a lot of you might be curious about: Yes, there are substantial lyric changes in a number of songs - notably in MY HUSBAND MAKES MOVIES.

Also, notable is that Guido in the film sings: "especially when my body's clearing 50 as my mind is clearing 10" for anyone who wondered if they were trying to pass Daniel Day Lewis off for 40!

theaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
#59re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 4:20am

I went to the screening last night. What a let down. The screen lit up with Fergie and Hudson. But that was it for me. The q & a after with the cast was fun. It was the SAG screening at the Design Center here in LA. And while the audience was very gracious to the cast during the q & a; the response to the movie was very mixed.

Hex3 Profile Photo
Hex3
#60re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 5:01am

West Orange is only about 20 min away from NYC, I believe. Though I'm not sure how I'm getting there just yet. Just got my passes! Now to find a printer...

edit: How are the other New Yorkers planning on getting there?
Updated On: 11/20/09 at 05:01 AM

TheBoyDownstairs Profile Photo
TheBoyDownstairs
#61re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 10:48am

I grew up in West Orange...its about 25 minutes outside the city, depending on how you get there.

The best way is to take the train to South Orange and then cab it over to the movie theater.

I'm sad to hear there are a lot of lyric changes in My Husband Makes Movies.

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#62re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 12:19pm

Everyone going to the free screening I have never done it but my friend has and he says get there up to 2 hours before because they fill up very fast and people have had to stand before

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself"

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#63re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 12:19pm

Everyone going to the free screening I have never done it but my friend has and he says get there up to 2 hours before because they fill up very fast and people have had to stand before

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#64re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 12:39pm

Not worth standing in line for. It really was not that good.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Michael Bennett
#65re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/20/09 at 12:40pm

I don't think there is much reason to be disappointed by the new lyrics in MY HUSBAND MAKES MOVIES - some are actually better than the original.

iamchanging9 Profile Photo
iamchanging9
#66re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/21/09 at 1:55pm

does anyone else think they are doing too much promotion too early? the film doesn't come out for a month and they are already hitting the talk show circuit.

...everyone was doing the mambo and drinking golden cadillacs...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#67re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/21/09 at 1:58pm

I don't think building early buzz/anticipation is a bad thing at all. They just can't slow down with it now.

iamchanging9 Profile Photo
iamchanging9
#68re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/21/09 at 2:03pm

I'm not sure if they can keep up this pace lol

oprah episode and 2 late night appearances in one week? insane.

maybe they are having the cast go in rotation... but i don't see them putting fergie, judi or sophia on the press tour.

...everyone was doing the mambo and drinking golden cadillacs...
Updated On: 11/21/09 at 02:03 PM

nlm
#69re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/21/09 at 7:51pm

The publicity will slow down after next week for a couple of weeks and then it'll come back during December. They had to push part of it now because of the HFPA cut-off, etc for Golden Globes. That and they wanted to get in before Invictus, The Lovely Bones and Avatar started theirs big time.

When I mean publicity, I mean individuals going out there promoting things on talk shows. Penelope and Marion are excluded since they're both doing a double press junket for Broken Embraces and Le Dernier Vol respectively. Granted LDV is in France and other festivals though, so you won't get much of it in US.

Of course the pre-recorded interviews from press-junket weekend is anyone's guess since that's up to the appropriate networks on to when they'll air it.

Michael Bennett
#70re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/21/09 at 8:08pm

Here is a link to an article about NINE featuring an audio recording of the talk back after the screening this week at the Pacific Design Center in Los Angeles featuring all those stars
NINE Talkback

poeticmelody Profile Photo
poeticmelody
#71re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now
Posted: 11/22/09 at 9:23pm

I really enjoyed the cast on Oprah and as someone said previously, Nicole is very critical of herself so that wasn't surprising at all...looking forward to seeing the film!

Hollywood the Write Way

Videos