pixeltracker

Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szot info for you.

Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szot info for you.

thtrbear
#1Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szot info for you.
Posted: 12/30/09 at 12:49pm

I am thinking about seeing SP for a second time this week (saw it last night) but I wouldn't if she was expected to come back at all.

Mr. Szot said at the stage door last night that he would be in the show through (or till?) the 3rd week of January and would be back in it in April.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#2re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szot info for you.
Posted: 12/30/09 at 12:51pm

I would think she would not be coming back because she just had a baby. I believe she only came back to finish her contract after her pregnancy leave.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#2re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szot info for you.
Posted: 12/30/09 at 12:52pm

I don't understand your question. Kelli is scheduled to leave on January 3rd. Was she out the night you saw it? And, you're wondering when she'll be back, prior to the 3rd?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 12:52pm

No, she's done after the 3rd.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#4re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 12:59pm

I'm confused. Are you saying that you won't see the show again if Kelli's in it?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#5re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 1:08pm

David Pittsinger posted on his website that he would be Emile from February 3-March 21. I wonder if Szot leaves at the end of January, or if the understudy is covering a couple of weeks.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 3:06pm

Szot must really enjoy doing this show. Good for him!

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#7re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 3:15pm

Paulo Szot is performing in Don Giovanni as the title role here at the Michigan Opera Theater from April 10-18.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#8re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:28pm

I'm confused. Are you saying that you won't see the show again if Kelli's in it?

I think the original poster meant he wouldn't go and see it again this week if there was a chance that Kelli would be coming back. He/she would wait to see it again at a later date instead of spending the money to see Kelli again before she leaves.

Yankeefan007
#9re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:29pm

Szot is also doing THE NOSE at the Met in Feb/March.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#10re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:51pm

I'm still confused by his question. Does he want to see Kelly or not?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#11re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:59pm

The OP wants to see Kelli O'Hara again. If she's coming back the OP isn't going to try to see South Pacific again before she leaves on January 3rd.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:45pm

As of right now Kelli is slated to leave on Jan 3 and Laura Osnes will be returning. I don't know how long her contract is but I have heard nothing regarding Kelli coming back to the role at a later date.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

whitesnow
#13re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:51pm

The Michigan Opera is using Paulo's name ( and picture) to sell tickets! He is not performing in Detroit!! Paulo is back to South Pacific after " The Nose" at the MET.

tytonius
#14re: Is Kelli O'H expected to ever come back to SOUTH PACIFIC? Plus some Szo
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:56pm

Paulo and Kelli will perform together in April- Carnegie Hall!!

http://www.carnegiehall.org/article/box_office/events/evt_12956.html?selecteddate=04162010

The stars of the Tony Award-winning Broadway revival of South Pacific perform the timeless music of Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe.

Videos