pixeltracker

FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17- Page 4

FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17

GottaHaveAGimmick Profile Photo
GottaHaveAGimmick
#75re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 10:57am

Well, just dammit! It may not have been everyone's cup of tea. But you had a stage full of dedicated professionals bringing an example of an early American musical to audiences with love for the material.
Went to the website and immediately pre-ordered the CD.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#76re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 11:04am

I'm so sad! This is sooooooo sad. Saw it in October and LOVED it...LOVED IT!!

Very, very sad.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#77re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 11:07am

I just took my mother to see this on Monday night and we both loved it. The orchestra (where we were sitting) was packed, but I know that's probably due to it being the holiday week. I'm really sorry to hear that it's closing and I have to respectfully disagree with those who have said that it was a pedestrian, bare-bones or uninteresting production. I didn't notice any skimping on the production values at all, and with that acting and that score, there is no way I could agree with the terms "pedestrian" or "uninteresting." I thought the leads were perfectly cast and I was so glad, especially, to have seen Kate Baldwin and Jim Norton, they were both wonderful.
I certainly can't explain why it didn't generate more interest with audiences, except for the old theory that with shows being so expensive, tourists with time to see only 1-2 shows pick the ones they've heard of as "can't miss."
I'm very, very glad I got to see this before it closed.

Maggie-the-schnoodle

TheKryptoniteKid Profile Photo
TheKryptoniteKid
#78re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 11:21am

My partner and I came all the way from Sydney to see this show last October, and we were so glad we did. We loved every second of it. We met almost all the cast afterward and got their autographs on the show poster. I'm saddened the show isn't running at least a year but at least there's a cast recording to relive it by.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#79re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 8:52pm

I have to respectfully disagree with those who have said that it was a pedestrian, bare-bones or uninteresting production.

Remember that the people who keep saying that haven't actually seen this production.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

#80re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 9:00pm

I really wish I got to see this! re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17

What are the chances that American Idiot is going to snag the St. James?

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#81re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 9:10pm

Strong

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#82re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 12/31/09 at 10:57pm

Tickets are available on TDF almost every performance from now until closing.

How sad. And how sad that I can't make it. 41 bucks.

Enjoy.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Heart
#83re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 1/1/10 at 4:20am

Anyone knows if this will be touring?

Roscoe
#84re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 1/1/10 at 9:32am

"Remember that the people who keep saying that haven't actually seen this production."

I certainly saw this production, and I'd say that those who call it pedestrian, bare-bones or uninteresting are being almost surrealistically generous.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

elmore3003
#85re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 1/1/10 at 11:19am

"I certainly saw this production, and I'd say that those who call it pedestrian, bare-bones or uninteresting are being almost surrealistically generous."

It will soon be out of your hair and you can crawl back into your hole until something else brings up the bile. Tell is what shows you do think are great, O wise one!

PiraguaGuy2
#86re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
Posted: 1/1/10 at 11:34am

At least we get American Idiot in return.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08