pixeltracker

If you were in San Diego - would you see the new Duncan Shiek musical?

If you were in San Diego - would you see the new Duncan Shiek musical?

bwaybri2
#1If you were in San Diego - would you see the new Duncan Shiek musical?
Posted: 1/13/10 at 11:20pm

I am going to be in SD over the week-end and wondering if it was a "don't miss" -
Thanks

sorry double post Updated On: 1/13/10 at 11:20 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/13/10 at 11:26pm

For those who like context: http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/13/duncan-sheik-musical-whisper-house/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#2If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/14/10 at 12:18am

I'm seeing it next Tuesday night. I went to the Duncan Sheik concert at the Globe Monday night. It was held on the stage, with the set in the background. Very cool, simple set. He sang a handful of songs from the show, along with cast members David Poe and Holly Brooks. I loved them. The show JUST started previews tonight. I'd say - see it.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/14/10 at 3:16am

I suppose it depends on your point of view. Are you only interested in seeing it in case it becomes the next big thing? or are you interested in seeing it because it might be incredible?

I would be very excited to have the chance to see a brand new show from someone whose work I respect. I find the music for this intriguing along with the storyline.

It's impossible for anyone to know if it has actually 'found its leg's' as a production yet or if it will be worth your time. But my thought is: be a frontier and tell us what you think.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#4If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/14/10 at 3:18am

I'm in San Diego, but I'm still debating this one. The theatre is kind of out of my way and while I do enjoy the concept album it's not at all as thrilling as Spring Awakening so I'm still on the fence about it.

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#5If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/14/10 at 3:32am

FYI - if you're under 30, the Globe offers tix for $20. And I heard they'd be offered for $10 for the first few previews (from a friend working as a production asst. on the show).
$20 under 30

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/14/10 at 5:54am

I own the CD he recorded with music from the show. After a few listens I have grown to love the music. My good friend is vacationing in LA in February and is going to see it. I am interested in hearing what is done with these songs for the stage.

Just give the world Love.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#7If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?
Posted: 1/14/10 at 8:52pm

Own the CD as well, and a big fan of Sheik & Spring Awakening. Will definitely not miss this premiere in San Diego.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley