OH MY GOD.

KirbyCat
#1OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 7:18pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/
EDIT: Whoops the article doesn't work! It was the Brooks musical one. Sorry! Updated On: 3/15/10 at 07:18 PM

perfectliar
#2OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 7:23pm

"Everyone else was hot" about Young Frankenstein? Really??
Oh boy

KirbyCat
#2OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 7:27pm

Yay the article works!

And I actually laughed out loud of that one. He SURE did get some great reviews with Frankie. That's why it's still in the Hilton right now.

But hey, maybe he can *actually* pull a Producers with this one!

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#3OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 8:17pm

I'd rather see a Robin Hood: Men In Tights musical.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

KirbyCat
#4OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 8:32pm

Agreed.

ifuweregay93
#5OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 9:02pm

As much as I love "The Producers", I have a bad feeling about another Brook's show.

Mattbrain
#6OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 10:38pm

You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their understudies!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Ed_Mottershead
#7OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 10:40pm

I like seeing men in tights under any circumstance.

BroadwayEd

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#8OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 11:05pm

I'd rather see a Robin Hood: Men In Tights musical.

The problem with that, and the reason I think it wouldn't happen, is that Men in Tights is already a musical. There isn't much new material that Brooks would need to add, so it would basically result in the movie on stage, which (almost) never works.

Brooks seems to be adapting his movies that have a musical moment here and there, but are not musicals, so that he can turn it into something new and different for a different medium.

As much as I love Men In Tights and History of the World, I've said for years that the next musical he should do is Blazing Saddles.

On another note: His last name Brooks. No apostrophe. Thank you.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#9OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 11:08pm

I hope this pulls through...I think a full blown version of "I'm Tired" will be incredible on stage

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

ObiHave Profile Photo
ObiHave
#10OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/15/10 at 11:55pm

IMO no one will ever top Madeline Kahn and the whole ending would be problematic...as long as they don't try to bring History of the World or Spaceballs to the stage...perish the thought.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#11OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/16/10 at 12:39am

History of the World could actually sorta work...

Brooks already ruined Spaceballs with its animated series.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

jeffmiele
#12OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/16/10 at 1:13am

although I don't see it working can you imagine that musical umber that would go along to them around the campfire with the beans!!? and i can also see an entire song of "The Sheriff is a..."

Mattbrain
#13OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/16/10 at 6:50am

Oh Jesus, not another song on Broadway that involves farting! I actually thought I Think I Got You Beat was a good song until they started a-fartin' and a-burpin'!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#14OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/16/10 at 1:37pm

Not interested. I didn't like the stage productions of The Producers or Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles is one of my least favorite Brooks films. This is definitely not a show for me.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Trainwreck Profile Photo
Trainwreck
#15OH MY GOD.
Posted: 3/16/10 at 2:41pm

Space Balls - the breakfast cereal

Space Balls - the lunch box

Space Balls - the flame thrower (kids love this one)

Space Balls - The Musical?

Shows Seen - Swing!**, Rent (Broadway)**, The Lion King***, Wicked*****, Legally Blonde***, Chicago****, Cats***, Fiddler on the Roof***, Burn the Floor**, In the Heights***, Hair*****, A Christmas Story**, Rock of Ages***, Vanities*, Billy Elliot****, Next to Normal*****, 9 to 5**, Mary Poppins***, Guys and Dolls***, Aladdin***, Les Miserables*****

Upcoming Shows - Cinderella, Oklahoma!, Damn Yankees, Rent

Paramount Theater and 5th Avenue Theater season ticket holder

Proud Gleek