pixeltracker

1st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?

1st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?

jeffrey2
#11st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 3:43pm

Is 1st row center for Promises Promises at the Broadway too close? I have never sat there but there seems to be tickets for the night I want to go at full price. Any thoughts?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 3:44pm

The stage looked SUPER HIGH.

MuppetManiaMan Profile Photo
MuppetManiaMan
#21st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 4:02pm

I have the same question. Would it be any different from Orchestra Right?
Updated On: 3/28/10 at 04:02 PM

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#31st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 4:03pm

I wouldn't.. When I saw Shrek, on closing performance, I sat 5th row and could see fine. If they kept the stage the same(which I doubt) I wouldn't

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#41st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 5:30pm

Probably, yes. The stage at the Broadway is really high. I sat in the 6th row center once for Shrek and even then it was a little high (I'm about 5'6") but I could still see okay. I would sit a few rows back if possible.

UponTheOdyssey
#51st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 5:38pm

The stage is rather high, indeed. But not as much as at The Gershwin.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#61st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 5:59pm

The stage is rather high, indeed. But not as much as at The Gershwin.

No way. The stage at the Broadway is comparable to the stage at the Palace or St. James- i.e. very high. The stage at the Gershwin is not nearly as high as those. In fact, it's relatively low, comparatively speaking.

UponTheOdyssey
#71st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 6:27pm

The stage at The Gershwin is high enough to prevent you from seeing it all properly. That's why their first rows cost $55.

i_love_megan
#81st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 6:55pm

Well i sat second row Orch. R right on the aisle and I could see perfectly (and im 5'1"). So its not like your view is horrible. I personally loved it because i prefer to see faces and one actor thats near me as opposed to the whole picture, but thats just my opinion.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#91st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 7:35pm

I think you'll be fine. There is at least a 6 foot gap between you and the stage.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Heather79
#101st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 7:53pm

I was first row last night and had no problem whatsoever. I think you should be okay. Though mezzanine is the best when you can...

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#111st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 9:14pm

The stage at The Gershwin is high enough to prevent you from seeing it all properly. That's why their first rows cost $55.

The front row at the Gershwin is used for the lottery and sold for $26.25. The only $55 seats are the partial view seats, which are partial view because they're far off to the side and you miss a few set pieces and entrances and exits. Them being partial view has NOTHING to do with the height of the stage.

Will O'Donnell Profile Photo
Will O'Donnell
#121st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 10:45pm

Glad I read this. I'm just gonna play it safe and get seats in the middle of the orchestra.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#131st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/28/10 at 11:08pm

I've sat in the front row on the right side at both the Broadway and Gershwin Theatres. In comparison, the Gershwin was significantly lower. I was in the partial view seat, and that was what ruined it, not the stage height. The stage height is what frustrated me at the Broadway.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#141st Row for Promises, at the Broadway..too close?
Posted: 3/29/10 at 2:45am

Just wanted to share the reason why I clearly need sleep: when I first read the thread title, I only saw one 'O' in the second-to-last word. So for a few seconds I was trying to wrap my head around the idea of Promises, Promises closing already. Strange,I know, but not too far-fetched in a season where Broadway-Bound and Lips Together were both canceled before even opening. The really strange part was trying to figure out how only the very first row of this show would close.

Videos