pixeltracker

Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE

Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE

Gothampc
#2Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 7:55am

I've always thought that Aspects of Love never got its due. I think it's a better musical than Whistle Down The Wind and The Beautiful Game.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#2Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 10:20am

I hope it transfers!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#3Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 10:52am

Why is it that the first reaction of board members when a UK production is announced is that they hope it transfers *before* it has even opened?

muscle23ftl
#4Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 10:58am

I said that, because there are rumors now that Sweet Charity will transfer and La Cage transfered recently and these 2 are shows that have been revived on Broadway within 5 years.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 5/17/10 at 10:58 AM

Gothampc
#5Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 11:05am

"Why is it that the first reaction of board members when a UK production is announced is that they hope it transfers *before* it has even opened?"

Because at this moment in history, the UK is doing much better theater than Broadway is. Even a mediocre or bad British production is most likely better than the crap Broadway is trying to offer.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#6Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 11:30am

Because at this moment in history, the UK is doing much better theater than Broadway is. Even a mediocre or bad British production is most likely better than the crap Broadway is trying to offer

But that's just your opinion and not a fact
Updated On: 5/17/10 at 11:30 AM

JBSinger
#7Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:13pm

I know that Arden can sing this score. Amazing voice.
Don't know her. Hope she can sing it too. Pretty demanding role with a wide range.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#8Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:23pm

"But that's just your opinion and not a fact "

I would say reviews and awards kinda say it's also fact. We are only doing better at revivals, you guys are still far better at original musicals

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#9Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:28pm

Even a mediocre or bad British production is most likely better than the crap Broadway is trying to offer

^ I meant that was an opinion. Not a fact. Sorry for the confusion.

muscle23ftl
#10Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:31pm

"I would say reviews and awards kinda say it's also fact. We are only doing better at revivals, you guys are still far better at original musicals"

Which are the good new original musicals on Broadway?

Mattbrain
#11Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:33pm

I wish them well...said the one dude who's actually been in the show.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#12Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:34pm

I guess he was referring to FELA! or Memphis, maybe?

songanddanceman2
#13Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 12:43pm

Im talking about the past few years on Broadway since we have been sending over our revivals (Sweeney, La Cage etc)

Next to Normal, Yank, Fela etc. You have some amazing things happening Off Broadway as well (which is why i threw Yank in there, also BBAJ)

The West End has failed to bring any great new musicals to life the past few years (Imagine This, Gone With The Wind, Too Close To The Sun) its been like a blood bath

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#14Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 1:48pm

Well... with an American actor leading, there might be a chance or transferring to Broadway like Paradise Found? I know ALW is always keen on having his shows on Broadway, after Sondheim & Herman had that treatment (success in menier, then west end then broadway), I'm sure ALW really wouldn't mind some of that!! But hey... might be speakin absolute rubbish here though...

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

muscle23ftl
#15Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 2:00pm

FELA!, Million Dollar Quartet and American Idiot are not very original, all juke box musicals that aren't that good to begin with. They actually make Memphis seem like a work of art, since at least has a good new original score.
I never thought I'd be rooting for Memphis to win when I saw it.

jennafan
#16Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 3:07pm

I noticed on imbd that Aspects of Love was on Broadway for less than a year. Does anyone know why? Was it the show itself or did Ball leave or what?

I don't know if a Broadway revival would be a good idea if the show wasn't a hit before. Wasn't Ragtime a 'hit' and look what happened this time.

I would like to see more original shows on Broadway.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#17Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 3:13pm

Because it's a bad show.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

jennafan
#18Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 3:18pm

I had a feeling.... lol

I don't know anything about the show itself, but I do like the song 'Love Changes Everything'. =)

Gothampc
#19Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 3:35pm

"I noticed on imbd that Aspects of Love was on Broadway for less than a year. Does anyone know why?"

I think one main reason is that people were beginning to tire of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Cats and Phantom were both playing and Aspects was his third Broadway show.

Ann Crumb had left and was replaced by Sarah Brightman, who wasn't an inspired choice.

Plus, the music is repetitive, although has some nice songs.

jennafan
#20Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 3:48pm

I get what you're saying. I don't know how well this show would do against Love Never Dies, which is due to open on Bway next year.

I watched a few (legal) clips online and the show kinda looks boring. I do know that the song 'Love Changes Everything' is put in the show more than once (different lyrics I think). Kinda boring

Like you said, repetitive.

I hope it does well in the UK though.

Roscoe
#21Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 4:20pm

UK is doing better theater than Broadway my ass.

The nation that sends those atrocious revivals of SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE and A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, to say nothing of the appalling ENRON, CORAM BOY, ROCK AND ROLL and the award-winning snooze HISTORY BOYS is not doing better theater than the country that produced SPRING AWAKENING, AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY, ASSASSINS, JOE TURNER'S COME AND GONE, OUR TOWN, SOUTH PACIFIC, etc. etc. etc.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

songanddanceman2
#22Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 4:34pm

Roscoe the grump i said the UK are doing better REVIVALS at the moment, just because you dont like them does not speak for the theatre population. If your word was the one people listened to as an indication to what is good then Broadway would close as would Hollywood.

Assasins was years ago, Our Town was not on Broadway and Spring Awakening etc is not a revival.

Broadway's recent revivals have not been good

Gothampc
#23Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 4:42pm

"Broadway's recent revivals have not been good"

Except for West Side Story. Man that Karen Olivo could really swish her skirt. I bet the people that paid $150 were so excited when they saw her swish that skirt. I bet Jerome Robbins agonized for days before deciding Anita should swing her skirt rather than dance.

Roscoe
#24Michael Arden and Katherine Kingsley to Star in London Revival of ASPECTS OF LOVE
Posted: 5/17/10 at 4:43pm

Point taken, but I stand by what I wrote. The UK productions, revival or otherwise, that have been sent here are not cause for smugness about British theatrical superiority.

The UK's revivals have sucked harder than the American revivals. Trevor Nunn's ridiculous revivals of OKLAHOMA and LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, the atrocious SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE -- Jesus. Unforgiveable travesties, one and all.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/