pixeltracker

"The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of control."

"The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of control."

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#1 "The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of control."
Posted: 5/30/10 at 8:33am

Just read the weekly theatre column in the Denver Post and it had this little gem. I thought I'd share.

... a theatergoer recently left the Lake Dillon Theatre Company's "The Little Dog Laughed" at intermission — and called 911. The complaint: "The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of control." The police threatened the caller with misuse of 911. "I only know this because a police officer came in to purchase tickets the next day and told us," said artistic director Christopher Alleman.

http://www.denverpost.com/theater/ci_15177621

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

wonkit
#2 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 10:17am

"Send the thought police right away!"

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#3 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 10:52am

They sound like a John Waters character. hahahahaha. What a "neuter."

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#4 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 10:53am

I wonder, did they go full frontal or was it (as in the recent London production) rear view only?

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#5 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 2:17pm

This business of everyone out there having their view of what "wholesome" is is just something that is nuts. From Chicago not allowing people to smoke on stage to this situation where a patron saying that an arrest should be made due to there being nudity on stage.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 2:25pm

I didn't even know we were doing the show here. I didn't get a press release.

Just give the world Love.

Brick
#7 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 2:40pm

Douglas Carter Beane almost put a cease and desist on a production that didn't have nudity. The nudity is specified in the script because the character has just had sex and is leaving the bed. Without the nudity, Beane said in an interview regarding said production, the important plot point of the character having sex with the rent boy is not established.

I'll try to look for the interview.

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#8 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 7:22pm

Should be interesting to see what the reaction to their production of "Hair" this summer will be like. :-P

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

otis33 Profile Photo
otis33
#9 'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co
Posted: 5/30/10 at 7:48pm

Great press for the production!

I did a production of "Pageant" years ago at a theatre that had little to no crossover space, so we would exit the backstage area and do our crosses in the alley. One night a woman was walking her dog with her kid and saw a handful of tall women in their underwear and called the cops. We got tons of free press.