JVJ93
#150Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/21/17 at 9:05am

Updated On: 10/21/17 at 09:05 AM

JVJ93
#151Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/21/17 at 9:12am

"Doubt" revival with Laurie Metcalf as Aloysius and Uzo Aduba as Mrs.Miller

The London productions of "Funny Girl" and "Parade" (Donmar) starring Jessie Mueller as Fanny and Lucille Frank, respectively 

"Caroline or Change" with Heather Headley 

and, in general, a revival of "The Children's Hour" and."Love Valour Compassion" 

BwayLB
#152Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/21/17 at 9:17am

Hairspray

Newcomer as Tracy

Danny Burstein Josh Gad or Nathan Lane as Edna

Matthew Broderick as Wilbur

Heather Headley as Maybelle

Donna Murphy or Jane Krakowski as Velma

Matthew Morrison or Neil Patrick Harris as Corny Collins

Jordin Fisher as Seaweed

Alan Cumming as Male Authority Figure

Carol Burnett as Female Authority Figure

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#153Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/21/17 at 8:34pm

Throughly Modern Millie:

Phillipa Soo/Laura Osnes/Lauren Zakrin (She's a star and really deserves her Broadway break) as Millie, Kate Baldwin as Dorothy, Derek Klena as Jimmy, and Kathy Fitzgerald as Ms. Meers. Definitley Jonathan Groff as Trevor Graydon.

Bonnie and Clyde:

(This is hard to do since I really can't think of anyone embodying the leads as much as Jeremy and Laura, but hey) 

Laura Dreyfus as Bonnie, Derek Klena (yet again) or Corey Cott as Clyde, Deneé Benton as Blanche, Casey Cott as Buck (it'd be neat to have two brothers playing brothers), and Nicholas Belton/Joshua Henry as Ted Hinton.

Rainah
#154Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/22/17 at 12:54am

Would love to see a N2N revival. Some names I've seen thrown around

Dan - Leslie Odom Jr (Composed and reflective, and goodness I can just hear him slaying that score)
Natalie - Laura Dreyfuss (Perfection)
Gabe - Jordan Fisher (I feel like he'd smarten up a bit in a more dramatic role, and he's got the talent)

Can't decide on a Diana, there are a lot of broadway heavyweights I'd love to see take on the role. A new design, concept, blocking, everything would be lovely... perhaps a more rough and shattered aesthetic? I saw a production that worked a shattered glass motif throughout their design. Or go the other way and have everything a little too shiny and fake.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#155Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/22/17 at 2:08am

Funny Girl starring Jessie Mueller and Bobby Cannavale

A Little Night Music starring Cate Blanchett, Julie Andrews, and Michael Cerveris

Little Shop of Horrors starring Ben Platt and Annaleigh Ashford

Into the Woods starring Audra Mcdonald, Brandon Uranowitz, and Stephanie J Block

Caroline, or Change starring Uzo Aduba and Jane Krakowski

The Music Man starring Zachary Levi and Kelli O'Hara

And a revival of Follies at LCT in about ten years directed by Sher and starring Kelli O'Hara and Laura Benanti as Sally and Phyllis

Also I would love for Victoria Clark and Shuler Hensley or Phillip Boykin to step into Sweeney Off Broadway sometime

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#156Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/22/17 at 12:28pm

Sweet Charity with Ana Faris.

tbaker2
#157Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/22/17 at 7:40pm

Here's my list:

Aida - starring Cynthia Erivo (Aida), Jeremy Jordan (Radames), and Natalie Weiss(Amneris)

Funny GIrl - Starring Shoshana Bean (it's happened at North Shore and was EVERYTHING!)

Next to Normal - Starring Heather Headley or Stephanie J. Block (Diana), Norm Lewis or Michael Park (Dan), Kristolyn Lloyd (Natalie), Leslie Odom Jr. or Ben Fankhauser (Gabe)

The Wiz - Starring Cynthia Erivo (Dorothy), Usher (Scarecrow), Leslie Odom Jr. (Tinman), Antoine Smith (Lion), Mykal Kilgore (Addaperle), Danielle Brooks (Evillene),  Heather Headley or Lillias White (Auntie Em and Glinda)

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#158Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/23/17 at 4:22am

Once Upon a Mattress

directed by Casey Nicholaw

Rachel Bloom as Winnifred

Josh Gad as Dauntless

Donna Murphy as Aggrevane 

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#159Dream Revivals?
Posted: 10/23/17 at 9:06am

In the Heights

Usnavi: I'm not sure

Nina: Vanessa Hudgens

Vansessa: Lindsey Mendez

Benny: Jordan Fisher

Kevin: John Leguizamo

Daniela: Ana Villafañe 

Abuela Claudia: Keala Settle (if she was older)

Sonny: Jason Gotay

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM