9 to 5 Tour

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#509 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/26/10 at 11:59pm

That could make a lot of sense of Diana playing Judy, especially since she is down in nashville now and that's where the tour kicks off. I would love to catch her sing "Get Out and Stay Out".

Amanda15
#519 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 12:04am

I'm still not convinced the stuff about Doralee being played by a former AIer is true (so far the Niki Scalera casting rumor hasn't been refuted), but Kellie seems HIGHLY unlikely. She won't be available for rehearsals and she's never done a musical before. Other than her resemblance to Dolly there's nothing indicating she's right for the part. Diana doesn't seem farfetched though, for many reasons. I'd disagree that she doesn't fit the part physically. She's very curvy and busty.

Updated On: 7/27/10 at 12:04 AM

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#529 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 12:05am

Tickets for the Tennessee run go on sale August 13. So I assume we will hear an announcement a few days before that.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#539 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 12:05am

DeGarmo is far too young to play Judy.

The whole basis for the character is that she's a woman who has wasted the prime years of her life with a man who treated her poorly. She's "re-entering" the work force, not just starting out.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/27/10 at 12:05 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Amanda15
#559 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 12:09am

The news might not be the 9 to 5 tour but it's definitely not the Scott Alan CD, if only because that is already officially announced.

Seeing as how Niki Scalera is rumored to be Doralee, I think it's way premature to start congratulating Diana about this. A couple people from here posted about 9 to 5 on her Facebook. Are you really going to base your certainty on ONE person's post over at ATC? Talk about jumping the gun. I'd rather just wait until I know who to congratulate. LOL

Updated On: 7/27/10 at 12:09 AM

ABoyLikeThat
#569 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 12:12am

I could see Diana as Doralee and she has the body type for it, as I recall from Hairspray. She's also a country singer/songwriter. And she's much too young for Judy.

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#579 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 6:06am

I cannot wait for the cast announcement! How about Eden Espinosa for Judy? She has the pipes for it!

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
#589 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/27/10 at 7:52am

Eden is getting married soon. I doubt she would tour now.

grandpianoalex
#599 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:02pm

Diana's Facebook Page--- I am pleased to announce that this upcoming year I will be playing Miss Doralee Rhodes in the First National Tour of 9 to 5 The Musical!

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#609 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:16pm

was not expecting that! good for her

rmusic11322
#619 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:31pm

Now I HAVE to see this. Congrats Diana!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#629 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:35pm

Does anyone know what happened with Niki Scalera?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

jamiekennywicked
#639 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:37pm

Now we need Judy! Anyone have any ideas?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

beautywickedlover
#649 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:38pm

"Does anyone know what happened with Niki Scalera?"

Maybe she's playing Judy.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#659 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 12:51pm

I personally cannot see Diana as Doralee at all, but hopefully she will prove me wrong. I still certainly be seeing the show regardless!

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

andsym9001
#669 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 1:06pm

Diana will be great as Doralee. Pretty much guaranteed. I didn't think she would be good in Hair after seeing her in Hairspray, but she proved me wrong.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#679 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 1:10pm

Perfect casting!!!!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

backwoodsbarbie
#689 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:13pm

Well Diana is very different type-wise from Megan Hilty so I hope she is really able to make the role her own rather than using Megan's interpretation as a model.

backwoodsbarbie
#699 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:19pm

Also, I would love to see Leslie Kritzer as Judy Bernly.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#709 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:21pm

Diana also posted the casting news on her twitter about 2 hours ago. I think she will be great in the role.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#719 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 2:31pm

Diana has a deep hearted connection with Nashville and country music. Her dream even before Idol was to be a country star, and I enjoyed her very much on that country reality show "Gone Country" (I think that was the name...)

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

NPHCreel
#729 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 3:08pm

The last thing I worry about is Diana copying Megan. Since when has she turned in a copycat performance?

She's a southern girl with country music roots and a gift for comedy. Her casting makes perfect sense, in my opinion.

beautywickedlover
#739 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 4:07pm

I don't know if I can picture Diana as Doralee at all even though she's sang some Country msuic before. Now I've heard rumors that Kristy Cates may play Judy.

jamiekennywicked
#749 to 5 Tour
Posted: 7/28/10 at 5:58pm

Kristy Cates confirmed on her FB she wont be playing Judy.