pixeltracker

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....- Page 3

SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#50SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 8:50pm

I cannot wait to hear how the recording sounds! :] Y'all make it sound so so good! haha. Sharing is caring! lol. jk. What songs were originally in the show and not featured on the recording? I so wish I could've seen this show.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#51SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 8:53pm

Read the entire thread, hon. Half of it is about what's missing.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#52SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 8:58pm

Whoops. Sorry, I forgot. lol. Are any of the lyrics included in the booklet of the cast album or is it packaged the same way as the recent NIGHT MUSIC recording with the booklet separate in the box?

rmusic11322
#53SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/14/10 at 9:05pm

The booklet is too thick to fit on a little piece of plastic. It's full of lyrics and pictures.

AwesomeDanny
#54SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/15/10 at 12:36am

It's not quite like the Night Music packaging. The lyric booklet is stapled, and the sleeve is open on both sides, not just one. It's exactly like the London revival of Sunday's packaging.

xoffender45
#55SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/15/10 at 12:51am

Does anyone have a high-quality image of the cover, for iTunes purposes? The "Get Album Artwork" feature never works for me.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#56SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/15/10 at 3:39am

It's a good recording. Similar to the quality of the ALN revival discs. Shame that the aforementioned tracks were cut, especially EM's solo.

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#57SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/15/10 at 1:17pm

I just placed my order with PS Classics. How long does shipping usually take?

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#58SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/16/10 at 11:08pm

I'm late to the "I pre-ordered and got it!" party, but I did pre-order and got it Friday and love it. It's nice that Sondheim's commentary was included as well. A great album!

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#59SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/16/10 at 11:27pm

Got mine today. Love the orchestrations and vocal arrangements. I was expecting the worst from Wopat (I saw Cleale) and I thought he was fine. Too many highlights to list. Gonna listen again tonight. Great job as always PS Classics!

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#60SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/18/10 at 6:52pm

I got my copy today! It is fabulous- I especially love Sondheim's comments and Barbara Cook.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#61SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/18/10 at 6:59pm

I still have over a week to wait cause psclassics don't ship to Australia <_<...but I long to hear Cook's "I READ". If anyone wants to talk about how it sounds, you can :P.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

blacktie
#62SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/27/10 at 9:09am

Question...as I'm only slightly familiar with Sondheim's work...what were the songs used for the scenes where the cast went for a stroll in the "park" (the plasmas became trees) and where the cast paired up as couples (it ended with Vanessa and Barbara as a couple)?

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#63SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/28/10 at 3:09am

Looking at iTunes, I have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

The iTunes version is labeled "CLEAN lyrics" -- any idea what they might be blocking?

I don't see a digital booklet at iTunes -- the PS Classics CD comes with a lyrics booklet, right? Anything else?

iTunes is so convenient, but if the iTunes version is missing significant stuff, I'll order the PS Classics CDs.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#64SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM tracklist and samples....
Posted: 8/28/10 at 3:11am

The word "SH*T" is said/sung several times on the recording.