Jack Black on Broadway

rorschach37
#1Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 8:00pm

Say what you will about him, but I'd love to see Jack Black come to the Broadway stage!
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Black_MacLaine_Want_to_Bring_BERNIE_to_Broadway_20101213

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 8:06pm

NO. Keep that one note, untalented, pathetic example of an entertainer out of my neighborhood.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#2Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 8:08pm

How anyone can consider him entertaining is beyond me...

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

AEA AGMA SM
#3Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 8:32pm

I would actually be curious to see him onstage. His on-screen energy/persona can be rather oppressive and heavy, but the same was often said of Bert Lahr, and I kind of feel Nathan Lane can sometimes run that way as well. Not to say Jack Black is anywhere near as talented as either of those two, but I wonder if he would fare better with a touch of distance and reality between him and the audience, not magnified to the degree that he is in the movies.

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#4Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 8:48pm

I would really hate it if he did. He has no talent...his acting is that of a frat boy's appeal when they are drunk...

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 9:01pm

I have always thought he would be an awesome Freddy in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Akiva

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#6Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 9:45pm

I chuckled at him in School of Rock. That's it. please stay far far away from 42nd-52nd Street, Jack Black.

rorschach37
#7Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 10:57pm

I'd really love to see him as Lonny in RoA.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 11:33pm

Whatshisface has been doing a Jack Hack impression since day one so it's essentially like seeing that moron onstage already.

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#9Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/13/10 at 11:54pm

I think he'd be wonderful as Daryl van Horne in THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK.

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#10Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/14/10 at 12:00am

I'd LOVE to see him on Broadway. I enjoy him sometimes and sometimes I don't. But I think given the right show and right director, he could be good.

joeyvalcort Profile Photo
joeyvalcort
#11Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/14/10 at 1:25am

"I chuckled at him in School of Rock. That's it. please stay far far away from 42nd-52nd Street, Jack Black."

You've just cursed us!!! Now Roundabout is going to bring him to Studio 54 -- between 53rd and 54th Street -- aughhhhh!!!!

dramarama3
#12Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/14/10 at 2:09am

Met him at a Sydney Theatre Company show a while back. Seemed quite intelligent. Would love to see him in a role that's out of his usual type.

Formerly 'dramarama2'

Paul Bland4 Profile Photo
Paul Bland4
#13Jack Black on Broadway
Posted: 12/14/10 at 3:44pm

I'd go see him in FORUM ...

Videos