pixeltracker

Saddest moment in musical- Page 5

Saddest moment in musical

Harrisonmlewis Profile Photo
Harrisonmlewis
#100Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/1/16 at 3:44pm

A couple that people haven't mentioned that really got me are the Everlasting Ballet from Tuck Everlasting and "Words Fail" from Dear Evan Hansen.

MyLife
#101Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/1/16 at 3:50pm

When Burr screams "WAIT" right after making that fatal shot... and everything follows.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#102Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/1/16 at 7:38pm

Time from Tuck Everlasting 

Left Behind from SA

And the last 2 minutes of cabaret. Not really a crying sad, but definitely a surprising and depressing sad. 

Drewski Vanderbilt Profile Photo
Drewski Vanderbilt
#103Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/1/16 at 9:30pm

Dogfight

RJ14
#104Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/1/16 at 9:42pm

This thread is the saddest moment in history of theatre.

reading through all the replies while playing out the scenes in my head is a long journey of emotions and crying. 

Markie27 Profile Photo
Markie27
#105Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:10pm

godlessondheimite2 said: "Pretty much from "Days and Days" onward, Fun Home becomes a free-fall of sadness and it's magnificent.

"I was a total wreck too.  I just watched it again last weekend and Michael Cerveris was more emotional that I remembered him to be when I first watched him a year ago.  so when he sang The edges of the World I was bawling.  And I thought Judy Khun's understudy was magnificent.  But of course nothing beats Telephone Wire for me.  The moment when the father asked big Alison instead of Medium Alison if she wanna go for a ride... God that just kills me.  I hope I can watch it again in September.  

Jarethan
#106Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/2/16 at 9:52am

-- The scene following Philip's death in Hamilton

Cosette's death, as played by Frances Ruffelle...followed by JVJ's death scene at the end of Act 2

-- Cyrano's death scene in Cyrano.  Christopher Plummer gave one of the greatest performances I have ever seen in any category / performing art type

-- When Your Feet Don't Touch the Ground, following Sylvia's death in FN.  Don't smirk...the prior scene and that scene were great.

-- The King's death scene, particularly in the Donna Murphy / Lou Diamond Phillips version.

-- Julie singing Bill, particularly in the Lincoln Center version in which Constance Towers, otherwise a limited actress, gave a great performance

-- Fiddler from Anatevka to the curtain falling

-- The ending of Bloodbrothers

-- Send in the Clowns, as sung by Bernadette Peters and Glynis Johns

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#107Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/2/16 at 10:45am

Will Rogers walking into the light in The Will Rogers Follies.

Poster Emeritus

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#108Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/2/16 at 11:09am

"Eve died today..."

- The Apple Tree

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#109Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/2/16 at 11:23am

the WAIT scream before Hamilton gets shot

when Eponine sings on my own 

When Collins says it's over & I'll cover you reprise in RENT 

the end of for good in Wicked 

jo
#110Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/2/16 at 12:09pm

One of Andrew  Lloyd Webber's lesser known musicals was once called THE BEAUTIFUL GAME ( now retitled as THE BOYS FROM THE PHOTOGRAPH).  It was probably one of the saddest musicals ever written as the the central theme revolved around the effect of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland on the lives of the young boys who played the beautiful game ( of soccer football).  And the unexpected saddest moment for me was when two young women sing about leaving one's homeland because of the effect of the conflict on their lives. The plight of immigrants is also a subtheme as it was both for political and economic reasons which were driving them away from their native land.  It is a very beautiful and poignant song -- GOD'S OWN COUNTRY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKic0giL86I

Updated On: 8/2/16 at 12:09 PM

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#111Saddest moment in musical
Posted: 8/2/16 at 12:23pm

For me personally, definitely “Telephone Wire” in Fun Home. Specifically, when she says the final line, “That was our last night…” That’s the most I’ve ever cried during a show. And then when they do “Flying Away”…man, there’s a lot of emotions going on at the end of that show. Gets me every time.

Edit: also wanted to add, right before "Telephone Wire" when he acknowledges older Alison instead of Medium Alison...that's where the welling-up begins. 

Updated On: 8/2/16 at 12:23 PM

Videos