AMERICAN IDOL

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#1AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 4:04pm

Is anyone still going to watch? I'm tuning in tonight because I'm curious of all changes..but they need to win me over fast!

#2AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 4:43pm

I will! I'm having a viewing party- I even hired Chris Daughtry to bar tend!

clever name
#2AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 4:55pm

I hope Stockard's invited.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#3AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 5:46pm

Daughtry and alcohol? It's like Stockard's birthday and Christmas finally caught up with each other.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#4AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 8:46pm

Where's William Hung when you really need him?
More REALLY bad singers, pls!

bwaylvsong
#5AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 9:07pm

Wait did she just sing "Gimme Gimme"?
And not particularly well?
And get to Hollywood?

clever name
#6AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 9:10pm

The new judges are having a hard time saying no. Where's Simon when you need him?

TnGuy05 Profile Photo
TnGuy05
#7AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 9:29pm

What is with all the Broadway hate tonight on this show?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#8AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/19/11 at 11:33pm

My daughters' friend from down the street made it through to Hollywood, so we have someone to root for. She wasn't one of the featured singers, but they showed her and her family celebrating in the closing montage.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#9AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 7:13am

I don't know why Joe is always giving Chris Daughtry such crap. He HAS to be a closet Taylor Hicks fan, it's the only explanation. Anyway, I watched the show, and enjoyed it very much. I think Steven Tyler is fun, and I didn't hate J-Lo like I thought I would. She needs to toughen up though and learn to say no without feeling like a jerk.

KFTC!!!!!

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#10AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 11:38am

I felt really bad for the African girl who sang Madonna's Dress You Up in My Love. She was truly hurt and embarassed when they told her she couldn't sing. She said that she had been working with a vocal coach. It's obvious that her vocal coach hasn't been honest with her about her ability.

I thought Ryan Seacrest was such an a**hole for asking her "What do you think about not getting a ticket."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 12:14pm

I think the judges had a great vibe together. The show feels fresh again.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#12AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 1:11pm

I really enjoyed J.Lo and Steven Tyler. Randy is just as useless as ever but I can deal with it.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#13AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 1:29pm

They really don't have a mean judge and it throws off the balance. Paging Janice Dickinson.

J-Lo is waaayyy too nice.

That hot mess "Millie" was awful and basically cried her way to a golden ticket.

At this stage in the show, I don't understand why people get so excited to go to Hollywood-its a bloodbath. Get excited if you make to the "actual" show.

To "Thoroughly Awful Millie"-if you had to cry to get a golden ticket, you're gonna be cut first in Hollywood and it's gonna hurt-BAD!

I also wanted to murder that Mary Sunshine 16 year old with the big smile and saccharine personality. Super yuck!

Also, AGAIN, how is it fair that they show back story on a sweet, goodlooking, talented homeless kid and he will be competing against other contestants we know nothing about. Not really fair. He's gonna get sympathy votes-everyone loves a success story.

Not that American Idol is even working hard for dream-its a total shortcut for lazy kids who think they are talented.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#14AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 2:01pm

I didn't think the girl was bad. Yes, she sang it quite...um...energetically. However, I think she has something there. I will be watching for her in Hollywood.

StockardFan
#15AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 2:06pm

I didn't see the crying girl because I was putting my son to bed, but the perky girl was annoying. And I don't think she'll make it past Hollywood.

KFTC!!!!!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#16AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 2:14pm

I thought Ryan Seacrest was such an a**hole...

You could end the sentence there. No explanation is necessary.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#17AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 2:37pm

I really liked JLo. I thought she was pretty funny. Tyler is a sweet guy, but I hate that he sings along with auditioners. That's disrespectful and not a help. We know you can sing incredibly high on those nodes, Steve...give them a rest.
Still, the three of them arent bad together. I'm surprised to type that sentence...but we'll see.

And there's always broadway hate on AI.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#18AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 2:42pm

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the new group of judges. It was a little creepy, however, when Tyler was commenting on the dress worn by one of the 16 year-old girls.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#19AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/20/11 at 2:43pm

The "Broadway Hate" surprises me since most of their winners and also-rans end up on Broadway. Actually, they should just call it Broadway Idol.

J-Lo actually said last night that she likes musicals.

It also makes me laugh people like Paula and J-Lo, who can't sing live, hold a note, or sing on key, are being asked to judge singing talent.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

HellsBells2 Profile Photo
HellsBells2
#20AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/21/11 at 7:49pm

I am LOVING this new season, so far!!!! I too, think it is fresh and I think Steven will be quite capable of being a harsh critic like Simon, but without Simon's tired old put-downs. I also think J-lo has already come around on saying "NO". I would like the Dawg to stop chiming in with his tired, goofy feedbacks.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#21AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/22/11 at 1:51am

I think they'll get tougher as time goes on. And I rather enjoyed them as well. They had fun.

And you don't be able to have to DO something to be able to realistically critique it. Can theater critics perform at a professional level? Could Siskel or Ebert act their way out of a paper bag? Does a food critic need to be able to cook the food himself?

No, some people have an expertise opinion.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

clever name
#22AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/27/11 at 12:10am

That last guy that was on is gonna win.

StockardFan
#23AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/27/11 at 7:25am

I usually hate the sob stories, but that was just heartbreaking. And the way Steven was so sweet with her and whispering to her about her fiance singing to her made me bawl. I'm really loving him as a judge.

KFTC!!!!!

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#24AMERICAN IDOL
Posted: 1/27/11 at 3:15pm

I really liked the student teacher with the floppy hair and shorts, the one that was asked if he was wearing lipstick.