pixeltracker

I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Sunday...

I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Sunday...

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Sunday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 11:14am

...if today's advance sale was any indication of how the Kennedy Center's online ticketing service handles a large volume of people logging in.

Twice, I had tickets in my cart, only to see them disappear, because after I clicked "checkout", the wait took such a long time, that by the time I got to the checkout screen, time had passed, and my tickets were released for sale again. Two other times, I was placed in a "waiting room" and told there were over 900 people ahead of me and to be patient. My advice to you if that happens...close the browser and start again. I did that, and was able to get to the ticket screen.

After nearly an hour, I was able to get decent seats in the section I wanted for the two performances I'm attending. However, if they can't handle the volume today, I can only imagine what's going to happen on Sunday at noon when anyone can buy tickets.
Updated On: 1/24/11 at 11:14 AM

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#2I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 11:40am

Wait, Saturday? The website said tickets would go on sale January 31st. I just called to ask and the box office guy said the box office opens for single tickets on Sunday, the 30th. Where did you see Saturday? I'm confused, and I just want to make sure I don't miss out on tickets because of incorrect information.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 11:42am

Sorry, the 30th. My mistake. I'll edit my thread title now.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#3I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 11:52am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 11:54am

Regardless, if today was any indication, it should be a nightmare on Sunday.

gschuber Profile Photo
gschuber
#5I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 12:28pm

Tickets went on sale today to KC members only. They go on sale to the general public this weekend. I live in DC and went over this morning to get tickets. The box office opened at 10am. There was a long line. When I got to the window, the ticket seller (very nice, BTW) said that most of the weekends were just about sold out. However, she did manage to find me some tickets for the May 14 matinee. I asked about the evening or the day before and she said the matinee was best. I think it's possible they will sell out the weekends before they go on sale to the public.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#6I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 1:30pm

Oy. What are the odds of:
A. Side Balcony tickets being available on sunday
B. Any weekend tickets available on sunday
?

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#7I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 2:19pm

agh- Kennedy Center tickets are always such a nightmare. I went through this same crap with Streetcar last year before giving up after 4 hours of trying. Luckily, I'm in DC this weekend so I might improve my odds by going over in person.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#8I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 2:36pm

Guh. want to pick up tickets for my mom and me?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 2:38pm

You can become a member. That will allow you to buy your tickets now (before the public on Jan 30).
That is what adamgreer did for our tickets.
Updated On: 1/24/11 at 02:38 PM

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#10I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 2:56pm

If i had $60 lying around, i would have done it from the womb.

xoffender45
#11I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 3:57pm

I just paid for a $60 membership, and ordered my tickets. The website is crap. When I would finally get around the error message to pick my seats, it would erase my tickets from the cart. So I finally gave up and called the box office directly. They just asked me for my membership number. I got front row of one of the boxes for a Friday evening performance, and can't wait.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#12I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday...
Posted: 1/24/11 at 4:29pm

I just joined and will head over to the box office after work. Their website is a mess right now.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#13I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 4:31pm

Oh gosh. I'm sort of worried now, but I plan on going on a weeknight, so I think I'll have some sort of shot at tickets.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#14I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 5:17pm

So the $60 is obviously in addition to the baseline ticket cost, right? murghhhh. Can't decide if $60 = waiting around for 4 hours on a Sunday morning.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#15I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 5:20pm

Yes, the $60 is in addition to the ticket price. I can't even log into their website now. Glad I was able to join.

jv92, I think your chances of getting tickets for a weeknight are very good. At least that's what the availability looked like when I was able to get in.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#16I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 5:30pm

Can you get as many tickets as you want for the $60? Maybe I'll find 3 or 4 friends, do a group purchase and then split the fee between four people so it's more manageable. I'm trying for a weeknight, but it has to be the first week of the show, so I'm worried about that window.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#17I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 5:34pm

it pays to be a memeber if you live in DC like I do.
I forgot my christmas gift certificate to use but I will be doing mine tomorrow. Thank god i dont need a special day.. I can go whenever to sit where i want to.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#18I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 5:37pm

I just broke down and got the membership. I'm in DC half the year, so it might be worth it in the long run. Website worked fine for me, and I got orchestra seating for a Saturday night. I think people should be fine getting tickets- though maybe not on a weekend- when the general block goes on sale.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#19I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 5:39pm

PS: The $60 fee is also completely tax deductible according to their website, so really you're eventually getting your money back in whole.

BroadwayBrat
#20I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:04pm

I paid the extra $60 and got tickets for Sat. May 28 at 8PM, front row. I got the tickets at about 10:30 AM. The website took forever to load.

The process was scary, but I am happy and can't wait to see Bernadette and Elaine!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#21I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:16pm

The process was scary, but I am happy and can't wait to see Bernadette and Elaine!!

The first time I read this, I was thinking of a completely different Elaine than Ms. Page.

And even now, at 6:15, their website is still a hot mess.

BroadwayBrat
orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#23I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:24pm

I've resisted membership for 5 years. You can't imagine the moral sacrifice I'd be making to give in now! I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..

How limited are week nights? I can go down any night after work, so I'm totally ok with scrounging amongst the leftovers.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#24I pity those of you who will be trying to get Follies tickets on Saturday..
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:27pm

Week nights looked pretty open when I last logged on. If you live here and are flexible with your schedule organgeskittles, you shouldn't have a problem. I just succumbed because 3 nights after the show opens, I'm back in NYC for 5 months. But if you are here the entirety of the run, you should be fine.

Updated On: 1/24/11 at 06:27 PM