Weekly SNL thread

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#1700Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/19/15 at 12:43pm

Larry David and the camel were the only things funny on SNL this week. Tracy Morgan is just not funny, imo.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#1701Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/20/15 at 7:44pm

Morgan seemed to rely too much on the cue cards.

FindingNamo
#1702Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/20/15 at 8:00pm

Everybody has to rely on the cue cards. It's required.  Every second is accounted for and cast and guests aren't allowed to deviate from what's on the card. 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1703Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/20/15 at 8:06pm

Not to mention things are constantly being rewritten. Whole sketches can change, things deleted, things added between dress and air. There is no rehearsal time in between.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#1704Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/21/15 at 10:08am

The cue card thing really bothers me, and the breaking of character. It's lazy, imo. Of course the show needs to rely on cue cards, and noone is perfect, but it's just so obvious with some of the performers on SNL over the years. It's why I don't get all of the love for Leslie Jones. I think she's terrible live. I never understood the appeal of John Belushi for the same reason.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

SmoothLover
#1705Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:29am

I do not care that they use cue cards. I just think the placement could be better. What did anyone think about this week with Trump? I think Ivana thought she was going to get applause after her cameo entrance. She looked like she was waiting or it.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1706Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:32am

I just started it, but the friends of mine who have posted about it on Facebook say it's awful. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1707Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:35am

This is the worst writing this show has had in a generation. It's like all the writers went on strike this week and let trump write it. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1708Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:42am

Guess what. Even a bad episode can't keep me from wanting Beck Bennett in my butt. 

Jordan Catalano
#1709Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:44am

He's so f*cking dreamy. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1710Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:47am

Tell me something I don't know. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1711Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:55am

Beck squeezed that beefy bod into a tight shirt for the band sketch, and for that I am grateful. 

SmoothLover
#1712Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 12:57am

I agree that Beck is hot and he looks like he lost some weight which makes him even more handsome. The new guy is a nice piece of eye candy although I thought his Anderson Cooper was off the mark.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1713Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 1:00am

I like Beck chunky. The new guy is a little creepy to me. 

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#1714Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 1:08am

My god that was devastating, brutal and appalling. It almost makes you weep for the future of this country. How did we allow something like this to happen? Really, isn't there a rule against extended campaigning on television programs? Because that's all this was.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

Jordan Catalano
#1715Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 1:11am

Well there is a law that says that any network that lets a certain person campaign needs to let all others have that same amount of time to campaign, as well. 

FindingNamo
#1716Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 2:24am

Unfortunately the equal time rule was thrown out (as a foreshadow of Citizen's United?) so that's why we get this sort of thing.

I sat this episode out, just like me and Nora Dunn did back in 19hundred and 90 over Andrew Dice Clay.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SmoothLover
#1717Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 2:30am

The episode did no favors to Trump. It was weak all around. Too bad Larry David did not lock Trump outside with the protestors and take the show over.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1718Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 2:33am

I sped through it in 45 minutes. I regret all but the girls doing their song. 

Updated On: 11/8/15 at 02:33 AM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#1719Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 9:59am

Yeah, that was embarrassing when Ivanka got no recognition at all. Disappointing show, but I do like Sia. I was sorry that she had a new dancer in place of Maddy Ziegler. I wonder what happened there.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#1720Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:09am

Greetings and Salutations, I must say! Any time you bring back Martin Short it can not be all bad.

Ed Grimley! Ed Grimley!  When I saw him I could just die from excitement! "Go To Bed!"

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#1721Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:09am

I've grown weary of Sia's schtick. Her gimmick, much like Trump's, is tired and boring. Trump is a complete embarrassment on every level. And last night's show was a miserable mess. Major fail!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#1722Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:11am

I could do without Sia's shtick also. I'm basically a fan of her music more than anything else.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Jordan Catalano
#1723Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:21am

AV Club gave it an F, which I think is being nice.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#1724Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:30am

I only watched because a friend of mine was an extra in the cold opening, but wow that was a rough episode. I'm hoping that the writers justifiably didn't care at all this week because their host was so awful. The Oval Office sketch was one of the more painful things I think they've ever done. And of course, it was an embarrassing to have the show hosted by a blowhard racist, and as much as the show tried to make fun of that fact, it still fell totally flat.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.