pixeltracker

Sleep No More is AMAZING- Page 6

Sleep No More is AMAZING

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#125Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 12:51am

I know this may not be a popular comment... but the way this show is being described.. it almost sounds like a haunted house... am I wrong?

I'd say it has an element of that, especially at first before you start to get used to the space. But that's absolutely not the essence of it. It can be a little creepy and in a way that's part of the fun of it, but it's not intended to scare you. It's much more intricate and elegant than that.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#126Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 12:51am

It is not really like a haunted house as it's not really meant to frighten you. No one will jump out and try to scare you. It's dressed somewhat like a haunted house, but with more sophistication and attention to detail than any haunted house I've ever seen. It really is something you must see. The settings were magnificent.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#127Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:06am

CockeyedOptimist2

***********spoilers**********

Did you follow the woman in a black dress who was blonde. Given the Rebecca reference I think that I followed her as well, and was thrilled through out with the mixing of the drink, the baby funeral, and the poisoning in the ballroom scene. I loved it. She also raised Duncan from the dead.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#128Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:10am

There was a baby funeral? There were scenes in the graveyard and kid's bedrooms?
Damn there is a whole other show I didn't see!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

CockeyedOptimist2
#129Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:16am

(spoilers, I guess)

Nope, I did not follow her. I saw her at the beginning in the Hotel Lobby trying to give Lady Macduff? the milk. The woman I followed had very short hair, Victorian clothing (of brownish and greenish shades) and carried a suitcase. I watched her go to Hectate? who bottled her tears. She had a picture of a woman with her. She mostly stuck to the floor with the long passageway along the windows. I guessed "the second Mrs. Dewinter" because of a description I read elsewhere, but could well be wrong.

I definitely did not see the interesting things that you describe.

Lavieboheme3090
#130Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:16am

Haha SNAFU that is exactly what my friend I went with said.

Lavieboheme3090
#131Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:22am

CockeyedOptimist2

O I know who you are talking about and I followed her for a bit too, but she ultimately lead me to the woman that I was talking about.

CockeyedOptimist2
#132Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:26am

I know the woman you're talking about. She was the first character I saw when I entered. I wish I'd stuck with her!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#133Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 1:47am

Crap!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#135Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 2:30am

Wow. Reading these makes me want to go again even MORE.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#136Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 2:17pm

OK slight clarification- the Bar, Lounge, Speakeasy- this is all the same room where the band (eventually) is, right when you come in?
Cos there is the hotel lounge w/in the space where "the 2d Mrs. DeWinter" rings at and eventually takes tea at.
( and a homosexual rape/seduction/class struggle takes place at the bank of telephones but so far nobody has mentioned?)

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#137Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 2:32pm

Looks like they opened a new block of tickets -- it's booking through June.

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#138Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 2:35pm

I'm not going until next Saturday, and the suspense is killing me!!! I want to see this so bad, I can taste it.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#139Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 3:42pm

Sabrelady, there is a replica of the bar/speakeasy on the "Street" floor. It is the same layout but smaller, it is where Hecate sings and where the witches rave takes place.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#140Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 4:19pm

The bar is where you first enter. The rep bar is as SNAFU described, a replica of that bar but with less stuff and techno orgys galore. The speakeasy is the bar with the pool table down the hall from the rep bar. The walls are all cardboard boxes.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#141Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 5:10pm

Hey Kids --

I actually have a single ticket to SLEEP NO MORE (for the coveted 7:00 PM slot) next Wednesday, 4/20 that I'm not going to be able to use. I'll probably do a seperate thread in the next day or so advertising it, but am posting here if anyone wants early dibs on it (PM me). Believe its $75, and of course all next week is sold out.

Eos Profile Photo
Eos
#142Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 5:45pm

Just got my ticket!
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!

The Overture is part of the show, people. Please shut your pie hole.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#143Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 6:28pm

Someone here asked about Duncan's and Banquo's deaths, so I'm gonna post a few

SPOILERS

I followed Macbeth around pretty much all night.

After the dance, Lady Macbeth takes Duncan away to another room. I followed them. She seduces him, then after some kissing, she goes away. Duncan undresses and then goes to the area right next to his bedroom that has pillows on the floor, and a basin with blood, and he lies down on the pillows.

Macbeth walks in and smothers Duncan with a pillow. Then he goes to the basin and covers himself in blood.

He runs to the bedroom with the bathtub, Lady Macbeth undresses him and bathes him, etc.

Then Macbeth runs to the Witch Disco Orgy, where he gets covered in blood all over again.

After that, he goes to a room with a pool table and kills Banquo.

He goes and meets Lady Macbeth again (but not in the bedroom) and they go to the banquet scene.

Then Macbeth leaves (unless you're catching the very last go-around), and goes to the Hotel Lobby. He beats up and tries to rape Lady Macduff, and then Macduff beats the crap out of Macbeth.

Then Macbeth runs to a balcony (we're not allowed to follow him, we have to watch from the sides), and he jumps down to the forest.

Going again in a few weeks, and I wanna see the baby funeral and find that damn Narnia door or whatever.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#144Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 6:52pm

You have to be taken to the Narnia door. It is not something you will find or be able to enter on your own.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#145Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/14/11 at 9:37pm

I did happen upon the discovery on Duncan's body, in a ante rem off near an exit, a kind of canopy covering him & the pillows ( feathers everywhere!). I rememer it cos I started to smigger ( smile/sn*) as I heard the bell ringing ( no knocking to wake Duncan with!). I think it was MacDuff & Banquo (?) who discovered & mourned and then removed the corpse. ( I was particularly impressed cos a lot of the movement reminded me of Le Jeune Homme Est Morte)

NotScott
#146Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/15/11 at 2:23pm

Did anybody happen to follow around Malcolm? I think the only time I ever saw him all night was at the banquet scene. I find the idea of him being a detective interesting, but I'm not sure if they ever did anything with it.

Chad Eberle
#147Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/15/11 at 3:20pm

What are the chances this will extend through the first week of September? I am DYING to see this!!!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#148Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/15/11 at 3:51pm

If the "houses" keep up ( ie sell outs) I can see this going into the fall.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#149Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted: 4/15/11 at 5:33pm

Yeah, I know you have to be taken to the Narnia door, and that everyone who's found it has apparently made some pact to be coy and secretive about it.

Videos