pixeltracker

Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney- Page 2

Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#25Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/23/11 at 10:51pm

Is anyone seeing Tari Kelly as Reno this week? If so please report back Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#26Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/23/11 at 11:04pm

Went tonight specifically to see her and she was great. I'm no fan of Sutton's at all so I was really anxious to see Tari's take on the role and she really blew me away.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#27Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/23/11 at 11:06pm

I'd like to see Tari, too, but I'm not in the city.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#28Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/27/11 at 12:12am

Just got back from seeing the show for the first time. I was so disappointed to learn that Sutton was out, but all I can say is that Tari was absolutely outstanding, as was the entire show in every respect. I'm late to the party on that note and I know you all know what the show is like so I'll focus on Miss Kelly.

She's amazing and deserves to be a huge star. Effortlessly graceful, delightfully funny,and totally winning. The audience was totally in love with her from start to finish, with Blow, Gabriel Blow being one of the most sensational star numbers I have ever seen, and the audience went wild when both it and every chorus of You're the Top came to a close. I can see how she reminds people of Foster and Baranski, of course, but to me she is in some ways like a young Dolores Grey, in energy, vitality, sexiness, and vocal brilliance. She has the unique old style presence of the great comediennes of years ago (think Nancy Walker or Audrey Meadows). She has an absolutely gorgeous body. She's an extraordinary dancer with great kicks and unbelievable stamina. She had wonderful chemistry with everyone on that stage.

OK. I'm gushing. But I can't help it. I just love this girl.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#29Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/27/11 at 12:18am

Tari Kelly is a dynamo and gives 140% to everything she does. Its a shame she's a standby. She has remarkable timing, a gorgeous voice and is a killer dancer. She is unique and very gifted.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#30Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/27/11 at 3:08am

She was Sally in Cabaret here in Seattle a few years back. Absolutely stunning, captivating performance. Also saw her as Audrey in The Little Shop tour. Another great, unique performance (if she opened the revival on Broadway, I'd wager to say it would have been a star making moment). I'm seeing Anything Goes in November. I'm eager to see Foster, but if she's out, I would be equally happy.

Did she ever go on for Block's Liza in The Boy from Oz? I imagine she would have been pretty terrific.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#31Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/27/11 at 3:17am

^ I saw her in the Little Shop tour as well. She was excellent. I really wish I could have seen the 5th Avenue Production of Cabaret. That is one of the classics I have never had the chance of seeing performed live.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#32Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/27/11 at 11:10am

I saw Tari do Sally Bowles at the Pittsburgh Public a while back. She's amaaazing. Great belt, and mucho star power. She can work a room.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#33Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/27/11 at 11:50am

If I could draft anyone for immediate stardom, it would be this woman. While I'm also rooting for Lauren as Fanny, I really could have seen it working for Tari as well.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#34Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 8/28/11 at 9:30am

Also saw her as Audrey in The Little Shop tour. Another great, unique performance (if she opened the revival on Broadway, I'd wager to say it would have been a star making moment).

Agreed. She bested Kerry Butler in nearly every respect and should have opened the revival on Broadway. She would have gotten a Tony nomination, no question. And yes, she went on for Block many times and was generally considered very good as Liza. I wish I'd taken the opportunity to catch her as Reno (I've been avoiding the show because of my dislike of Sutton) but I will try to see her the next time she goes on.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Blockhead24
#35Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 9/11/11 at 9:30pm

I was so pleasantly surprised to find out at the TKTS booth that she was going to be on this afternoon. She's just so good and I'm really glad I got to see her again.

An older man during intermission commented to his wife that he has seen Sutton 5 times and doesn't understand why Tari isn't the lead. It made me really happy to hear that because I completely agree.

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#36Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 10/3/11 at 9:11pm

Kristen Beth Williams was just added as a Reno understudy. I have a feeling she could be on next time Sutton's out since officially stating her as a cover probably means she's rehearsed.
Updated On: 10/3/11 at 09:11 PM

Blockhead24
#37Tari Kelly as Reno Sweeney
Posted: 10/3/11 at 9:33pm

I feel like she's always been a Reno understudy