pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 4

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

James Kerrigan2
#75New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/27/19 at 10:08pm

FlyHigh523 said: "I'll be extremely surprised if it isn't Mariand who replaces Jackie on tour."

I loved Mariand Torres when I saw her as Elphaba last September with Amanda Jane Cooper while Jackie was at a wedding. 

SHE WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Elphaba2019
#76New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/28/19 at 8:35pm

Mary Kate Morrissey was doing a Wicked event today does anyone know what it was for?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#77New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/28/19 at 8:51pm

FlyHigh523 said: "Ill be extremely surprised if it isnt Mariand who replaces Jackie on tour. "

If it’s not Mariand I hope Emily Schultheis replaces Jackie.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Elphaba2019
#78New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/28/19 at 9:53pm

it's probably mariand it's about time she plays the role full time.

hayleyann
#79New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 4:24am

James Kerrigan2 said: "that's what I assumedprobably with Mary Kate Morrisey I really wish they would promote Laurel Harris shes such a good Standby and would be great with Ginna Claire.

Probably not going to be Donna Vivino although she has been tweeting a lot about Wickedlately I would love for Lindsay Mendez to come back.
"

It will be a straight up crime if Ginna Claire goes on with anyone other than Mary Kate.  Their chemistry on stage is absolutely radiant, probably due to their best friendship in real life.  I have not seen chemistry like that since Julia/Kendra or Shoshana/Megan.   I was hoping Katie Rose Clarke was staying through the end of Vosk's contract, so that Ginna Claire and Mary Kate could debut together.  

theaterlyfe19
#80New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 8:25am

Can someone please explain to me why we're asking about this when the leads have been in the show for less than a year? For less than 6 months, even...

hamiltonstradition
#81New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 8:34am

theaterlyfe19 said: "Can someone please explain to me why we're asking about this when the leads have been in the show for less than a year? For less than 6 months, even..."

KRC and Ryan are leaving this spring, there is some speculation that Jessica Vosk might be leaving with one of them. 

theaterlyfe19
#82New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 8:47am

hamiltonstradition said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "Can someone please explain to me why we're asking about this when the leads have been in the show for less than a year? For less than 6 months, even..."

KRC and Ryan are leaving this spring, there is some speculation that Jessica Vosk might be leaving with one of them.
"

Jessica loves the role and just started. She hasn't been in the role on Broadway before. Unless another opportunity comes up, why would she leave before she's ready? Don't speculate. Genuine question: has there been an Elphaba that has stayed for less than less than 6 months-1 year? 

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#83New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 10:03am

theaterlyfe19 said: "hamiltonstradition said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "Can someone please explain to me why we're asking about this when the leads have been in the show for less than a year? For less than 6 months, even..."

"

Jessica loves the role and just started. She hasn't been in the role on Broadway before. Unless another opportunity comes up, why would she leave before she's ready? Don't speculate. Genuine question: has there been an Elphaba that has stayed for less than less than 6 months-1 year?
"

It’s not up to Jessica when she leaves. She signed a contract. They can offer her an extention. She could potentially not receive an offer for an extention. She can accept or decline said extention. So ultimately, it’s really not up to her when she leaves. Honestly, I’d love to see someone else besides Jessica. I saw her six times between tour and broadway and never got into her as Elphaba. Fantastic singing, but the acting wasn’t there. 

Updated On: 1/29/19 at 10:03 AM

Stellasteve
#84New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 10:11am

theaterlyfe19 said: "hamiltonstradition said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "

"

Not sure about Broadway, but Caissie Levy only played Elphaba for 4 months in LA before she left.

It hasn’t seemed to happen much lately, but in the early years it wasn’t unusual for 9-10 month stints for Elphies. If Jess left with KRC, it would be at almost her 9-month mark. I don’t see the harm in speculating, even if it is unlikely, as long as people aren’t being mean and disparaging her.

mailhandler777
#85New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 10:56am

theaterlyfe19 said: "Jessica loves the role and just started. She hasn't been in the role on Broadway before. Unless another opportunity comes up, why would she leave before she's ready? Don't speculate. Genuine question: has there been an Elphaba that has stayed for less than less than 6 months-1 year?"

It's not up to Jessica though. She signed a contract for however long. Could be 6,9 or 12 months long.

Marcie Dodd played Elphaba for 2 months on Broadway. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

JustinLovesSideShow
#86New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/2/19 at 2:14pm

Anyone know who’s replacing Jackie and Kara on tour

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#87New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/2/19 at 2:48pm

Ana Gasteyer was only Elphaba for 3 months. Nicole Parker was 5 months. Willimejn (sp?) was on Broadway for 3 months.

It’s not that ridiculous to inquire who/when Vosk is being replaced by. No one is bashing her or saying she needs to go, people are just curious. (I personally would love to see a new cast as I have not been impressed the last few times I’ve seen the show, but I’m probably the minority on that. #QuitRecyclingWitches)

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

James Kerrigan2
#88New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/2/19 at 3:44pm

JustinLovesSideShow said: "Anyone know who’s replacing Jackie and Kara on tour"

Not sure yet but thinking Mariand Torres and Hayley Podschun.

Elphaba2019
#89New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/2/19 at 11:22pm

Is Ryan McCartan coming back on Feb 12?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#90New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/3/19 at 1:02am

Elphaba2019 said: "Mary Kate Morrissey was doing a Wicked event today does anyone know what it was for?"

It was for the American Bus Association in Louisville. She performed for Wicked, along with 15 other broadway shows (current and upcoming).

James Kerrigan2
#91New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/3/19 at 7:03pm

Elphaba2019 said: "Is Ryan McCartan coming back on Feb 12?"

Yes! Ryan is coming back on the 12th since Jake is leaving on the 10th unless they have someone else lined up.

hamiltonstradition
#92New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/3/19 at 8:08pm

James Kerrigan2 said: "Elphaba2019 said: "Is Ryan McCartan coming back on Feb 12?"

Yes! Ryan is coming back on the 12th since Jake is leaving on the 10th unless they have someone else lined up.
"

Nothing is confirmed until he is cleared by the Doctor. Jake was suppose to leave almost a month ago, but Ryan’s injury needed more attention than they thought. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#93New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/3/19 at 11:51pm

gleek4114 said: "Elphaba2019 said: "Mary Kate Morrissey was doing a Wicked event today does anyone know what it was for?"

It was for the American Bus Association in Louisville. She performed for Wicked, along with 15 other broadway shows (current and upcoming).

"

Why would broadway shows perform at the American bus association??? So odd....

I wonder if Ryan might extend considering he’s missed so much of his contract due to injury.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

James Kerrigan2
#94New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/4/19 at 8:09pm

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! Ryan just said last night on his Instagram Story that he is coming back next week.

DontTellPaul2 Profile Photo
DontTellPaul2
#95New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 3:41pm

It's a motorcoach/tour bus association. People often rent coach buses for trips, such as to see a Broadway show in NYC.

James Kerrigan2
#96New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/8/19 at 8:37pm

Does anybody know when Jessica Vosk is taking her Vacation? she's mentioned it a couple of times on her Instagram story but didn't give official dates yet.

Elphaba2019
#97New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/9/19 at 5:31pm

James Kerrigan2 said: "Does anybody know when Jessica Vosk is taking her Vacation? she's mentioned it a couple of times on her Instagramstory but didn'tgive official dates yet."

Jessica Vosk just tweaked her knee I'm assuming she'll be out at least for the next couple of days not sure when her vacation is though.

James Kerrigan2
#98New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/9/19 at 6:46pm

Elphaba2019 said: "Jessica Vosk just tweaked her knee I'm assuming she'll be out at least for the next couple of days not sure when her vacation is though."

Jessica Vosk is performing tonight but took the matinee off  I'm assuming it is only a minor injury.

hamiltonstradition
#99New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/10/19 at 8:58am

Mariand Torres had posted about Packing up, and she had a big goodbye party with all her family, I think we’ve found our new tour Elphaba!