Rush/Lotto or TKTS?

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#1Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/18/11 at 8:02pm

My friend and I are celebrating our birthday in the city. We have tickets for Anything Goes that night and we want to see a matinee. We either want to rush for H2$, Mountaintop, Jersey Boys, or Chicago and try the lotto for Godspell or get tickets to a show at TKTS. Can I get some feedback from you guys? I really appreciate it :)

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#2Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/18/11 at 8:54pm

Rush H$S.

They usually have plentiful of tickets. And it's only $30 :)

Everything in life...is only for now.

showchoirguy
#2Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/18/11 at 8:59pm

Where are the seats usually located?

bwayfan7000
#3Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/18/11 at 9:05pm

All H2$ seats are labeled partial view, though some are decidedly more partial than others. Mine was in the box and was definitely very partial.

I have rushed Chicago and ended up in the second row. If you want to do that show, I think rush tickets are still really easy to get.

One of my favorite rush experiences, however, was Sister Act. If you get there around 8:00, you should be able to get the good rush seats in the first row center, and the show is terrific.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

raladony2 Profile Photo
raladony2
#4Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/19/11 at 6:35pm

8 am or pm???

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/19/11 at 9:52pm

Jersey Boys shows up fairly frequently on the weekdays at TKTS. I wouldn't bother with rush.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

showchoirguy
#6Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/19/11 at 9:57pm

Any news on Godspell TKTS?

pat_NYborn Profile Photo
pat_NYborn
#7Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 1:06pm

Godspell does lottery and from what I hear as with most lotteries weekdays are best! was walking by it last night and it pretty chaotic since you got Godspell and Wicked doing their lotteries side by side and both were packed - If you are anxious to see Godspell try the lottery then if you lose run to TKTS! That is usually my strategy when I lose the lottery and I know I wont have another chance to see the show.

Jersey Boys is an easy rush. If you show up by 9 your pretty safe.

H2$ is tricky...saw it Friday night. Got there by 7.30AM and was about 8th in line...the seats vary! I had great ones...front row far left so eventhough it was labelled partial view it really wasnt bad! Really didnt miss anything at all!! However the girl behind me was a little further left so it wasnt as good. Also the reality is as it gets closer to Daneil Radcliffs departure the rush is only gonna get more chaotic (must like this past summer)

Chicago is also an easy one.

Havent head the buzz on mountaintop... I realalistically wont see it until december/january.

best of luck and enjoy the shows!

showchoirguy
#8Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 1:29pm

What time does the box office open for a saturday matinee for H2$?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#9Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 2:48pm

10am.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

RickyMT Profile Photo
RickyMT
#10Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 3:59pm

When I rushed H2$, I got there around 9:00 on a Saturday morning (it was my Birthday too!) and the box office opened at 12! got a great seat labeled as "partial view" because it was two seat from the outer isle in the lower orchestra about 10 rows from the stage. Honestly couldn't complain at all (especially for $30 and a enjoyable show). I'd say play it safe and get there around 8:00. Enjoy your Birthday in the city!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 4:13pm

When was that? The box office's posted hours state 10-8 Monday through Saturday, and Sundays at noon.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

showchoirguy
#12Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 9:12pm

Right now H2$ and Godspell are are greatest choices. I personally want to see Godspell and to get a better chance at seats, I'm planning on going to TKTS. I know I sound like a broken record but has anyone bought tickets from TKTS for Godspell? How much are they?

AGermano
#13Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/24/11 at 11:27am

I'd definitely suggest Godspell. I did the lottery last night and won, it wasn't too crazy... but I checked TKTS before heading to lottery just in case because I had my heart set on seeing it last night. Their lotto-loser policy is fill-in seats that are lotto-ed off after the lotto seats are gone. So they pull out 10-15 names more that are fill-ins all around the theater. The price and # of seats changes every night but last night there were 15 seats for $75 each.
When I went to TKTS, they had 50% off for last nights performance, bringing the tickets to about $60-65 each, said a representative. He told me if it's on the board, they usually have those tickets right up until show time. So I'd say definitely chance the lotto (for a great experience if you win!) and if not run over to TKTS which is only a few blocks down to get your tickets.

Another alternate, if you're interested, is Venus in Fur. When I lost Godspell yesterday afternoon, I ran over to Venus in fur and got a $27 rush ticket 12 minutes before curtain and enjoyed the show!
Updated On: 10/24/11 at 11:27 AM

RickyMT Profile Photo
RickyMT
#14Rush/Lotto or TKTS?
Posted: 10/29/11 at 9:21am

AC126748 that was july 24th

Videos