pixeltracker

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED- Page 3

Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#50Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 10:43am

Note to Morrison: the time to consult your lawyer is BEFORE you sign a contract.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#51Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 10:52am

Poor Matthew Morrison. An actor with a seven year gig on a show. Don't blame the show -- blame your greedy agent, short-sighted manager, ignorant lawyer...and yourself.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#52Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 11:04am

Chris found time to write a book and write and star in a movie; Lea can do a movie; Darren can do Broadway (yes, I know special case); Dianna can several movies, etc.

Matthew made a CD last year nobody bought and toured with the Backstreet Boys. He has that new What to Expect When You're Expecting coming out. Where exactly is he leaving himself with time to make a movie? Also, he's only had two hiatuses at the time he said this.

Something tells me Matthew is just looking for an excuse for why he hasn't gotten work.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#53Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 11:08am

Well, he's get less and less screen time on Glee, and virtually no performance time of late. Still, I can't seem to muster up any pity for him.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#54Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:05pm

Regarding Darren Criss's gayness or lack thereof, I can't help but feel that he is sincere in the whole "straight but not narrow" thing. If he were gay and trying to stay in the closet, would he constantly make statements like "Kissing a guy would be pretty much the coolest thing ever" and such?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#55Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:27pm

Back to the whole cast/contract thing, Cory Monteith got into it with Ryan Murphy last summer over money/lack of time off:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/threat_level_in_glee_feud_6fsoS5ZWhkPlxPaqPvSwFO

As for Matty Fresh over there - from a creativity standpoint, I can see him being a little upset watching his younger co-stars get chances and all he gets is a sh*tty character on show that's writing has gotten worse and worse with time. But, on the flip side - he can easily go home to that very lovely home of his and surely his multitude of gorgeous women he has, and deal with it.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/11/12 at 01:27 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#56Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:39pm

Seven year contracts are pretty standard for a new tv series, although I do feel bad for all touring and stuff the non-adult characters have to go through.

I guess Matt is surprised as anyone that this crappy show has had such legs.

ClumsyDude15
#57Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:49pm

I'm surprised it even got renewed for a fourth season, but I honestly can't see them getting even close to doing seven years. I'd almost be certain it's all over after this next coming season, but who knows - it's one of the big moneymakers, even if their ratings aren't what they use to be.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#58Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/11/12 at 1:50pm

I never understand how an actor can go through the hell of a pilot season, over and and over and over, and then kvetch about landing a series. What, nobody told him he'd have to sign his life away? It's always new to them. I knew about 7-year commitments just reading TV Guide when I was ten years old.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

pitfever
#59Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/12/12 at 12:10am

Contract talk is off topic isn't it?

I thought this is about DC to star in a still-someone-making-it-up TV version?

ClumsyDude15
#60Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/12/12 at 4:08am

It got led off topic by my comment about how Glee/Fox prevented the possible Darren EP from How to Succeed, and how I thought if this was to occur how I don't know if Fox or Glee's producers would allow their star to do a project for a rival network.

Updated On: 5/12/12 at 04:08 AM

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#61Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/12/12 at 7:59pm

"Regarding Darren Criss's gayness or lack thereof, I can't help but feel that he is sincere in the whole "straight but not narrow" thing. If he were gay and trying to stay in the closet, would he constantly make statements like "Kissing a guy would be pretty much the coolest thing ever" and such?"

I agree, but I did find it mildly off puttin g how in his initial spat of interviews, on Ellen etc, he made a huge point of how he's gay friendly but not gay.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#62Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/13/12 at 12:05am

I think it's all image- he's making a stab at the current, possibly momentary "gay chic" but instead of becoming a metrosexual icon the way someone like Justin Timberlake has, with the freedom to tweak gender roles and stereotypes without ever seeming like he's broken the line down, he's created this bizarre persona of a homosexuality-obsessed straight guy who loves doing stereotypically gay things, even up to the point of kissing men, but then goes home with women no questions asked.

It's like a bizarre inversion of David Bowie's early queer persona.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#63Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/13/12 at 9:05am

madbrian - Morrison should be more upset what they have done with his role on the show than the outside stuff. It is amazing how much his role on the show has changed since the first year. He went from the main charachter to basically a "walk on" every week. The only thing he really does now is talk about the "weekly" lesson on Glee and then disappears for most of the episode. BTW - bought his single "Summer Rain" on ITUNES and it was pretty good.

Updated On: 5/13/12 at 09:05 AM

pitfever
#64Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/13/12 at 10:14am

"I agree, but I did find it mildly off puttin g how in his initial spat of interviews, on Ellen etc, he made a huge point of how he's gay friendly but not gay."

He did not make a huge point about it. It's the over-sensitive people made a huge point about it.

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#65Darren Criss To Star In TV Version Of HOW TO SUCCEED
Posted: 5/13/12 at 11:55am

TV version?

As in, they are filming the show and it will be shown on PBS?