pixeltracker

Sister Act lasting through when?

Sister Act lasting through when?

THEATRICAL100
#1Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/12/12 at 11:46am

Can you see it closing mid-July if sales don't pick up?

Marla: I have to go sing about a life I never led.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/12/12 at 11:58am

Many here thought it wouldn't make it through LAST July...so what do we know?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wicked4l
#2Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 11:52am

Raven is there through September, I can't see it closing before then since ticket sales have risen and I'm sure she'll attract tourists.

ZoeTheGoat Profile Photo
ZoeTheGoat
#3Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 12:07pm

I hope it closes soon, that show is a waste of a good theater.

Smoke bomb!

roadmixer
#4Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 12:08pm

Labor day.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 12:12pm

I'll say Labor Day as well. Raven will sell tickets during the summer, then it would simply die off it they opted to keep it open during Sept./Oct. The producers are clearly trying recoup the show with Raven, plus rumor was no new show wanted the Broadway theaer this spring.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dollypop
#6Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 7:50pm

But the TV ads claim it's "a classic!"

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 9:56pm

I concur with the Labor Day sentiment.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Raven does the tour.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#8Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/13/12 at 11:42pm

I hope it closes soon, that show is a waste of a good theater.

And put everyone out of a job? What a pleasant wish you have there! You are aware that there are no new shows looking for theatres at this time and even if there were there are plenty of openings with the recent slew of closings, even the St. James is open for a big splashy musical. The fact is these theatres will likely remain dark all summer. That isn't good for anyone.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#9Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/14/12 at 8:36am

"And put everyone out of a job?"

It's called show BUSINESS for a reason. Nothing lasts forever on Broadway. I'm so sick of this puppies and rainbows sentiment that's been going around on this board forever. I really liked SISTER ACT and had a pleasant time, but I think a year and few months run is very good.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#10Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/14/12 at 8:51am

"And put everyone out of a job?"

Which is inevitable for a new show to come into the theater and, with it, new jobs.

The Circle of Broadway.

krcasteel1986
#11Sister Act lasting through when?
Posted: 5/14/12 at 8:59pm

I hope Sister Act doesn't close. I really want to see it when I am in New York in July... and you can't beat front row rush!!

Videos