jimmycurry01
#26Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 3:42am

Useless petitions are useless.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 3:50am

Mercades -- there is nothing to be supportive of. The only thing that keeps shows open is MONEY. If the petition actuall got its goal of 1 million people to sign, it would do nothing. If the petition got that (fictitous) 1 million to buy tickets, it might have stayed open....if they bought those tickets a month ago.

People have PROVEN with their dollars, that this show does NOT hold the interest of the public. They don't want it.

This is as useless as petitioning to be hired for a job. Petitions are opinions, nothing more.

BTW...they have 40 signatures. Not enought to fill two rows at the final performance.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

#28Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 9:39am

Well I saw it twice and both times (granted on a weekend) the place was packed and eery single person was on their feet. I had a good time. So to each his own.

My original comment was because the show of course will not move to a smaller theater , but my problem with people on this board (Jordan especially) is the belittling and demeaning nature of posts. I read , a lot, post rarely. I just think it people want to do something, let them. Why do you have to lambast them publically and anonymously? It's just called being a bully.

As I said I don't post much, but when I sit and read sometimes I just can't help but shake my head.

I can't wait for JC's less than whitty retort.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#29Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:06am

I support Priscilla being transferred to Vegas. That's one place this schlock should have been in the first place and not stinking up Broadway.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:13am

Oh Mercades. Poor misguided little Mercades. Just because you call someone a "bully" doesn't make it so. That's the new word-du-jour online whenever someone writes something someone else doesn't like. If I were you, I'd put on some big girl panties and step out into the real world where ridiculous things like an online petition to "save" a multi million dollar musical is seen as laughable and something that only those who have absolutely no knowledge of how things work, would start or support.

Updated On: 5/22/12 at 10:13 AM

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#31Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:14am

^Agreed

Plus its too late now, Annie rues the Palace now.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#32Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:27am

"Well I saw it twice and both times (granted on a weekend) the place was packed and eery single person was on their feet. I had a good time. So to each his own."

That's a lovely anecdote. But that's all it is.

The numbers have a different story to tell, and in a business that's all that matters. Because it seems that all those people on their feet (hardly unique) didn't think to rave about it to friends.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#33Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:35am

This entire thread was summed up perfectly by dramamamma on the 1st page:

An online petition -- lololol. This isn't political, it's financial. I'm sure if you wanted to cough up a few million dollars THAT might keep it afloat.

Signatures don't pay salaries or landlords.

....but the world goes 'round

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#34Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:35am

I'm actually surprised it gave a rather long closing notice.

On a side note, the only time I was on my feet at Priscilla was to leave the theatre.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#35Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:37am

So, in the middle of the first act?

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#36Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:41am

Of course, as many have said, this petition won't have the slightest effect on the future of Priscilla. But it's a thoroughly harmless thing, and not a bad way to express your appreciation for a show you enjoyed.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#37Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:41am

whitty

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#38Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 10:46am

Oh Jordan, honey, as much as I wanted to, I actually lasted through the whole thing. That's surprising in and of itself as I've been known to leave shows during intermission. With this one I'm not sure exactly what I was holding out for!

Updated On: 5/22/12 at 10:46 AM

#39Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 11:41am

Jordan, just out of curiosity, I've always wondered what you did for a living. Care to share?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#40Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 11:46am

He has shared that and much more before.

Do a search.

....but the world goes 'round

Dollypop
#41Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 11:57am

Who is going to take a petition seriously when some of the people who signed it are: Richard Jewell, Verna Equinox and Saddle Sore?

Wasn't Richard Jewell a suspect in the bombing of Olympic Stadium?

Puh-leeze!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

#42Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 12:00pm

Oh. So sorry I didn't SEARCH his broadwayworld profiles. How dare I?

Nevermind.

Over and out.

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#43Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 12:02pm

Kalimba, out of curiosity, what shows do you like?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#44Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 12:32pm

jaimekennywicked, contrary to popular belief, there are some shows I rather liked. Top on my list is Anything Goes, Once, Peter and the Starcatcher, Scottsboro Boys, Ragtime....

I have never been a fan of the jukebox musical.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#45Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 1:46pm

Priscilla just needs to go. Its time.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#46Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 2:28pm

Priscilla brought a whole new standard of mediocrity to Broadway.

Dollypop
#47Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 5:10pm

LOL!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

AEA AGMA SM
#48Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 7:52pm

""Well I saw it twice and both times (granted on a weekend) the place was packed and eery single person was on their feet. I had a good time. So to each his own."

That's a lovely anecdote. But that's all it is.

The numbers have a different story to tell, and in a business that's all that matters. Because it seems that all those people on their feet (hardly unique) didn't think to rave about it to friends."

And of course, just because it appears full it does not mean everybody there paid full price, or anything at all, for their ticket.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#49Save Priscilla!!!
Posted: 5/22/12 at 9:54pm

Now i LOVE Priscilla and feel that it is one of the funniest nights you could ever spend on Broadway BUT i never excepted it to last long for the simple reason that i was a show that had a select target audience. It was not a show that the whole family could see. Many tourists don't see the show for that reason. And of course there are the gay overtones in the show too that could be off putting to people as well.
I personally i am going to miss the show but am very thankful that we are getting a touring production, so i really can't complain too much. Another thing, if the tour is going to be equity as i believe the rumor is, we may snag some of the cast for the tour as i am sure some of them will now be looking for work. Plus all those costumes, sets and even the bus are free to be used for the tour too.
I think a tour is a great thing becuase it allows people who can't afford Broadway and travel to see a show they would not be able to otherwise.
Priscilla will survive!

Darreyl with an L!